Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:18 AM   #21
sumyuen0718
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanesAddctn View Post
sumyuen0718 if you are winning 114+ games don't mess with your lineup.

If you can, pay close attention to your opponents lineup so you can adjust your pitching accordingly. Maybe experiment with openers. For instance try starting a LH reliever against a team with predominately LH batters.

Also if your winning that many games you likely have home field advantage. Have you set your ballpark to your advantage?
no i havent made any adjust to my ballpark
and i will look into your pitching advice, maybe i shouldnt be too panic and change my lineup when i lose one game in the playoff.
sumyuen0718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:27 AM   #22
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumyuen0718 View Post
maybe i shouldnt be too panic and change my lineup when i lose one game in the playoff.
This.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:49 AM   #23
Marsh511
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2 seasons I was "away from the PC" were my 2 WS seasons

I've now played 12 seasons with my one team, working up from Iron to Bronze to Silver (and Gold next season). Ironically, the 2 weeks I was traveling and had no access to OOTP/PT from Tue-Fri (not on my work laptop) were the 2 seasons I got to the World Series (winning 1, losing 1). Not sure what that tells me... but I think my micromanaging and micro-GM'ing HURT me!
Marsh511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:20 AM   #24
sumyuen0718
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh511 View Post
I've now played 12 seasons with my one team, working up from Iron to Bronze to Silver (and Gold next season). Ironically, the 2 weeks I was traveling and had no access to OOTP/PT from Tue-Fri (not on my work laptop) were the 2 seasons I got to the World Series (winning 1, losing 1). Not sure what that tells me... but I think my micromanaging and micro-GM'ing HURT me!
I agree, I will stop managing next season and see how it goes.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:56 AM   #25
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
I agree, I will stop managing next season and see how it goes.
Good luck, let us know how you do!

Old 06-24-2019, 09:07 AM   #26
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh511 View Post
There's another thread on gameplay theories but in my experience my teams do better when I just let them run and don't log on even if I don't manage things. My win rate after being in the game at sim time and manually downloading it is like 20% making no lineup changes so I always make sure to play only between the half hours now. Makes me wonder if there's some hidden boost meant to keep the completely inactive teams more competitive.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:12 AM   #27
Neezer
Minors (Double A)

is why the playoffs should be allowed to be played live head-to-head. At least that way you can see it unfold and get some kind of understanding as to what happened and why. And then if you are making Mgr decisions, you can at least blame yourself for being stupid.

I agree, in general with your OP. Between my 3 teams, Ive lost to teams that had nowhere near my teams success during the regular season, in all levels of leagues.
Neezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #28
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

As I said in my thread which started the same way, OOTP is a game where the less you play the better you do. Teams start playing bad and can't figure out why? Don't log on for a week. It works.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #29
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
is why the playoffs should be allowed to be played live head-to-head.
That´s great if you´re in the US, but some of us folks aren´t. When I wake up in the morning I see the last sim or two of the day then go off to work. Then at 4pm the sims start again.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:00 PM   #30
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
is why the playoffs should be allowed to be played live head-to-head.
This is a cool idea that could be a lot of fun if members of a league wanted to opt into it, but like justpatrick said, not everyone is in the same time zone for that, or would be potentially available on somewhat short notice to be online at, let's say, 7PM eastern time Sunday evening.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:20 PM   #31
sumyuen0718
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
That´s great if you´re in the US, but some of us folks aren´t. When I wake up in the morning I see the last sim or two of the day then go off to work. Then at 4pm the sims start again.
agree, i live in hong kong and i have to play like 10pm till next day 1pm.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:22 PM   #32
sumyuen0718
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
As I said in my thread which started the same way, OOTP is a game where the less you play the better you do. Teams start playing bad and can't figure out why? Don't log on for a week. It works.
i hope it helps, i just adjust back to a 5-man rotation and will leave it for a week
Old 06-24-2019, 06:38 PM   #33
neugey
All Star Reserve

Also remember not all losses are created equal. A 9 to 1 thumping is a lot different than losing on the road 4-3 in 10 innings where you outhit your opponent 13 to 6. Getting eliminated isn't fun, but if you have multiple losses like the latter you can at least know you made things interesting and things hopefully it will work in your favor next time.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #34
daves
Hall Of Famer

There are a lot of one run and extra inning games in the playoffs! Win or lose it seems the series can go either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:49 AM   #35
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
agree, i live in hong kong and i have to play like 10pm till next day 1pm.
Wow. That is about as bad is it could be. Dang.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:33 AM   #36
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Wow. That is about as bad is it could be. Dang.
Australia starts at midnight and finishes at 3pm. Playoffs are brutal
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:14 PM   #37
sumyuen0718
Minors (Rookie Ball)

just logged in and see with a .780 win rate lol

PT21
Old 06-27-2019, 09:42 PM   #38
JanesAddctn
Minors (Single A)

This is your year I can feel it

https://pt25.ootpdevelopments.com/ptsignatures/[arctcmnky20].jpg
JanesAddctn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:07 AM   #39
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
two consecutive year i got 115 and 117 wins in silver league and cannot win a single series in playoff.

i just dont understand how the game work and every time i am eliminated by a wild card team with 90 win.

if anyone can help, please.
I was looking at different teams' histories a few nights ago.

It's pretty rare that you would do that well in the regular season and not win a championship, you'd think.

BUT the MLB Playoff format doesn't do great favors for the team(s) with the best regular season record(s)...it does allow 10 out of 30 teams to qualify for the postseason.

I saw.....a few teams that have a .700+ winning percentage all-time, are now at the perfect level, made the playoffs every year (14 or 13) and 0 championships. Now this is a total of like 3 teams out of 54 Powerhouses, many of them with 5 or 6 WS wins, most with at least 2.

But ... well, in a nutshell...with a victory comes a thrill, with defeat comes agony.

I was listening to a song a couple nights ago..."the good times will come, time will take them back away".... I don't know, just had to add that. I think that's cyclical. Like Led Zeppelin? Good Times, Bad Times, You know I've had my share

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #40
sumyuen0718
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I was looking at different teams' histories a few nights ago.

It's pretty rare that you would do that well in the regular season and not win a championship, you'd think.

BUT the MLB Playoff format doesn't do great favors for the team(s) with the best regular season record(s)...it does allow 10 out of 30 teams to qualify for the postseason.

I saw.....a few teams that have a .700+ winning percentage all-time, are now at the perfect level, made the playoffs every year (14 or 13) and 0 championships. Now this is a total of like 3 teams out of 54 Powerhouses, many of them with 5 or 6 WS wins, most with at least 2.

But ... well, in a nutshell...with a victory comes a thrill, with defeat comes agony.

I was listening to a song a couple nights ago..."the good times will come, time will take them back away".... I don't know, just had to add that. I think that's cyclical. Like Led Zeppelin? Good Times, Bad Times, You know I've had my share
i can definitely understand the randomness of mlb playoff. just get frustrated

thanks for your sharing

PT21