Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:25 AM   #1
Studna
Bat Boy

Really bad trade logic

It's really sad but this might be the reason I won't play this game but it's so bad that there are so many bad trades and contracts happening. Colorado traded their captain Landeskog for Brayden Schenn, it would never happen but it still wouldnt be that bad but in the offseason, Colorado traded Schenn for Bobrovsky when they had Varlamov and immediately same day they traded Bobrovsky away for 4th round pick so they basically have 4th round pick for their captain.

I was able to trade for Seth Jones and Brandon Saad only for Lupul, Robidas, Michalek and 1st round pick next year. Lupul and Robidas are on LIR and Michalek is 4mil 3rd line winger.

Another my trade was Ekblad for Nathan Horton (we all know who he is), 3 star prospect and 3 seconds, that just would never happen.

I did get Nolan Patrick, 1st overall pick for three 2,5 prospect and 2x3rd round pick.

Shattenkirk signed from FA only for 4,5mil for me and I overpaid him, he wanted even less. Bishop signed for 3,9mil per year, that just would never happend. Jonathan Drouin made 49 points in 79 games and resigned only for 2,2mil cap hit. Ryan Johansen is Predators best forward who is point per game player and he resigned only for 4,1mil per year for 3 years.

I am playing Path to Glory with all leagues as GM+Head coach.
Studna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
RavenEHM
Minors (Rookie Ball)

While I can't speak for the AI to AI trades, you are 100% in control of what trades you do. Don't want a trade like your bag of pucks for great players? then don't do them. Hold yourself to higher standards.
RavenEHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:07 AM   #3
Studna
Bat Boy

Of course but Im doing it to make the game better and this just shouldnt be happening.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studna View Post
Of course but Im doing it to make the game better and this just shouldnt be happening.
The feedback is appreciated. We definitely want to get this right as well, and to make the game better and this sort of feedback can only help us to do so.

Obviously this is a very tough thing to get just right, as it depends not only on the ai, but also on the ratings of the players in the database and how those stack up to your and my opinions of how good the players actually are.

So it's a tricky balance on the trade ai, the db ratings, mixing all that with our expectations and assumptions about players based on each specific users of how the game should value them, which is going to vary from person to person.

So the team will certainly keep working to get all of this balanced as well as possible.

All I'm saying is that there will always be some trades that look a little funny, because of all the variables involved. Obviously we want to do all we can to keep those to a minimum though.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #5
Templer
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Deleted

Last edited by Templer; 11-01-2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Templer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:38 PM   #6
Fleascool
Bat Boy

Hi,

I have noticed some weird behaviour as well.
I have been sent trade offers by teams including one of there newly signed players, however, if I try and 'negotiate' to get a better deal they state they don't want to trade as the player has only been with the team for a short time.

It makes no sense as they were the ones who initiated the trade discussion.
Fleascool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:56 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleascool View Post
Hi,

I have noticed some weird behaviour as well.
I have been sent trade offers by teams including one of there newly signed players, however, if I try and 'negotiate' to get a better deal they state they don't want to trade as the player has only been with the team for a short time.

It makes no sense as they were the ones who initiated the trade discussion.
Yeah, that definitely shouldn't be happening. It sounds like the code that generates trade offers isn't getting the "just signed" exclusion applied to it properly.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #8
Benexcelsior
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studna View Post
It's really sad but this might be the reason I won't play this game but it's so bad that there are so many bad trades and contracts happening. Colorado traded their captain Landeskog for Brayden Schenn, it would never happen but it still wouldnt be that bad but in the offseason, Colorado traded Schenn for Bobrovsky when they had Varlamov and immediately same day they traded Bobrovsky away for 4th round pick so they basically have 4th round pick for their captain.

I was able to trade for Seth Jones and Brandon Saad only for Lupul, Robidas, Michalek and 1st round pick next year. Lupul and Robidas are on LIR and Michalek is 4mil 3rd line winger.

Another my trade was Ekblad for Nathan Horton (we all know who he is), 3 star prospect and 3 seconds, that just would never happen.

I did get Nolan Patrick, 1st overall pick for three 2,5 prospect and 2x3rd round pick.

Shattenkirk signed from FA only for 4,5mil for me and I overpaid him, he wanted even less. Bishop signed for 3,9mil per year, that just would never happend. Jonathan Drouin made 49 points in 79 games and resigned only for 2,2mil cap hit. Ryan Johansen is Predators best forward who is point per game player and he resigned only for 4,1mil per year for 3 years.

I am playing Path to Glory with all leagues as GM+Head coach.
I have witness in Path to Glory :

Minnesota send Dubnyk to Winnipeg for 4th round pick
Winnipeg send 3rd round pick to Minnesota for Dubnyk 3 days later
Dubnyk won the Vezina that year...

Blues Jake Allen to Boston for 4th round pick

Toronto Mitch Marner to Calgary for G Chad Johnson

I got 1st Overall pick (Nolan Patrick) for 1st (23 overall and 3rd round pick Florida)

Bishop signed 4mil per year
Tavares signed 3.5 mil per year

Unfortunately, the list goes on and on
Benexcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 04:58 PM   #9
Deepak25
Minors (Rookie Ball)

In my save the Jets traded Laine to Vacouver for Thatcher Demko and then procedded to demote Demko to the ECHL while Laine was their leading scorer
Deepak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:18 AM   #10
dresi_4
Bat Boy

Lol, Washington traded Johannson, 4th and 7th for Marc-Andre Fleury. Now they have 12 millions tied up in goaltending.
dresi_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:40 AM   #11
Studna
Bat Boy

During draft its possible to get every first rounder from 1st overall to 30th overall just for 3rd or 4th round pick and they consider it as overpay for them. Its just during draft, few days after draft, their price go higher.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #12
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresi_4 View Post
Lol, Washington traded Johannson, 4th and 7th for Marc-Andre Fleury. Now they have 12 millions tied up in goaltending.
I had that exact same trade in my first year. I thought it was an odd move, because the Capitals already had Brayden Holtby and the Penguins had traded away Mike Condon a couple of months earlier making Tristan Jarry their new back-up.

This transaction got even stranger (and in full violation of NHL rules) when six days later, the Penguins traded their 1st round pick to the Washington Capitals to re-acquire Marc-Andre Fleury.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote