Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
bazeall
Minors (Double A)

The Injury Bug Strikes

Up until 2015 it was lots of injuries just prior to the playoffs or during the playoffs. In 2012, the Cubs (my team) lost the entire starting pitching staff and three decent AAA call-ups to injuries.

2013 it was the entire starting OF, part of the IF, and a few pitchers injured just before the playoffs.

2014 it wasn't so bad, but Starlin Castro and a starter were injured just before the playoffs.

2015 has been horrible. One starting pitcher is out for the season. Another is out for four months. I pulled a blockbuster trade, sending three top prospects to Oakland for a stud starter. The very next game another starter was injured for the season. Anthony Rizzo (1B) was out for the first month. Josh Vitters (3B) has been out since the second week of the season, and is just returning. Starting RF is out until September.
bazeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

Hate when that happens. Had that happen early in my Cub dynasty. Won the WS the year before, had team all set up to be great the next season, everyone decides to get hurt and season went to heck in a hand basket. But, it does make it more interesting sometimes
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
bazeall
Minors (Double A)

The game after stater #3 was injured, another starter went down in the 6th inning. He's only out for 3-4 weeks.

2015 Injury status:

Rizzo (1B) - Out 4 weeks, but now is playing.
Vitters (3B) - Out about 3 weeks, but now is playing.
Two starters (drafted as rookies) - One out 14 months, one out 4 months. Both were 20 game winners in 2014.
Starter (Manny Banuelos) - I thought he was out for the season, but the diagnosis isn't announced.
Lance Lynn (starter)- out 3-4 weeks. (Yes, that's 4 of the opening day 5 starters injured before the end of May).
Starting CF (Denard Span) - Forgot about this one. He was hurt during spring and will return in late June.
Starting RF missed a month.
Starting 2B was out for the first 45 days.

3/4th of the starting IF has been injured this season. 2/3 of the starting OF has been injured this season. One was out a month and the other will miss almost three months. 4 of the 5 opening day starters have been injured this season. One is out until mid-2016 season, one for most of the season, one for only 4 weeks, and one so far for an unknown span.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I get hit alot in sept or April may.... I do alot of call ups before sept 1 just incase of injuries in playoffs if I happen to be in the hunt. I have had that happen to me with my best pitcher he would be injuried in spring training then make one start and pitch 2 innings and be out for 5 months then make a start for 2 outs then out for rest of season and this current season he was out for 2 months. I am nursing him back a bit by not allowing him to go past 6 innings for 3 starts. Thankfully in my case I made trades that heavily gave my minor leagues some depth and also got a few aging free agents cheap to help when needed as well.

For me I just look for players that can do multi positions
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
bazeall
Minors (Double A)

Starting CF injured during the next game (after the 4th SP was injured). It's only a sprained ankle, day to day for 3-4 days.

Banuelos' return has been announced. He'll be back in 4 months.

That's two SP out until September, one out for the season, and one out so far for a month. At this time, mid May, four of the opening day 5 SP's are out with injury.

Limiting innings wouldn't help. The injuries all happened before the 5th inning. One of them happened in between starts.

Thankfully I do have a lot of quality backups. But I just traded three of them for a SP since so many SP's were out until September.

Last edited by bazeall; 05-29-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I just got hit with a 5 month DL for Prince Fielder and this is the 2nd time he went down. I even had Caberra go down too last season for 2 months. GRRR but I was lucky that I had a very good rookie last year and was able to use him to cover for both players. Saved my neck too.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

for me with Fielder being out for 5 months came at the right time so to speak ... My other 3 players on DL started coming off the DL so that did help minimize the damage
Old 06-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
bazeall
Minors (Double A)

It just keeps getting worse.

All 5 starters are out. 3 guys called from AAA (SP) were injured during their first game. I signed two FA SPs. Both went down in the first inning of their first game.

Starting 2B injured, backup 2B injured.
Starting SS injured.
Starting LF injured.
All these guys are out for 2+ months.