Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:47 AM   #21
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
He's correct. If you have an iron [ayer at a position, it's a waste of time and resources to get a bronze/silver. A lot of the time, I hoard my points (I'm FTP)
until I can afford a diamond player. At least then, I know I won't be replacing him in a 2 weeks.
I agree with that. That is what I have done. I am a completely FP player and do not spend any money for PP.

I ran 2 teams this season. One was an all pack team, and the other was mostly but not exclusively built thru the AH. Even though my all pack team won a championship at Diamond, my more consistent team has been my AH team. Even at Diamond, and often at Perfect levels this team can consistently make the playoffs. I built them as others have said by hoarding points and making major upgrades. That said I also realize you need a good team, not just a couple good players. Sometimes, 3 gold players can bring you more than one Diamond, or 2 or 3 Diamonds might be better than upgrading one position to a Perfect. You can find a lot of good position players that are even Gold, yet can hold their own even at Diamond and Perfect, especially, when you consider their D. It is much tougher to find good starting pitching below Diamond. Even a lot of Diamond pitchers do not hold their own once they get to Perfect.

Last edited by jeffw3000; 02-13-2020 at 11:49 AM.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:40 PM   #22
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
Note: the 'good' collections list will almost surely change for the next version. Assuming the developers cannot resist tinkering.

I never did (never will) finish the XX CWS, for example, it will forever remain two impossible, speculator-locked bottlenecks away. I simply arrived at that table too late in the release.

But with a new season and new prices, even altered availability of certain bottlenecks, one minor change to the pieces listed for a collection could radically alter everything.
In 21, I'm hoping team collections will be of the type: get any 20 team cards get a reward, get 40 get a better reward, get 60 get the best reward . No bottlenecks. However, as far as XX CWS, it did take 7 months to complete for my Hamtramck Tigers team and Walsh and Appling make a big difference. Winning Zack Wheat in a tournament also helped. That's not the same as pulling a Pedro in a random pack. I like to think there is some skill to building a team that has a good chance to win any tournament in its class (ie. gold). After 4 relegations, Hamtramck is thriving in Perfect, now.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:26 PM   #23
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

I haven't seen mentioned much yet is the player/card earning itself back in PP awarded. If you invest 3K in a gold card and that player earns that much in a couple seasons then it is like getting that card free. Check out cards that make the leader boards and see how much they earn in history. While past performance of players on other teams is no guarantee they will do well on yours it does help enough to make it worth a look.

I think my biggest fault is finding a player who I like in RL and holding that card in my team even if he is dead weight, I guess a little fan boi-ism happens from time to time.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:51 PM   #24
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
I haven't seen mentioned much yet is the player/card earning itself back in PP awarded.
Definitely. And also, your players will perform better (get more achievements) if they are well suited to your park and strategy. Park factors are another thing to consider in team construction that haven't been mentioned yet. People really underestimate how much the right 10% bonuses can help stretch your team's talents to the max.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:28 PM   #25
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Teams have earned oodles of PP from starting pitchers who whose ability was way above the level they were at. A diamond or perfect ace can earn you tons of PP in the low levels.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote