Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-19-2020, 01:56 AM   #1
jim255
Minors (Double A)

League Settings question

If I want to select Set All Teams to be Managed by (me), is that set in stone for the entire season (I'm in early May)? Or can I make the change(s) I want to make and put it back the way it was (with me holding sway over just my team only)? Thanks!
jim255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:37 AM   #2
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

Team Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim255 View Post
If I want to select Set All Teams to be Managed by (me), is that set in stone for the entire season (I'm in early May)? Or can I make the change(s) I want to make and put it back the way it was (with me holding sway over just my team only)? Thanks!
Yes you can change it back anytime you want. I am not at my computer right now to tell you the exact name of the tab (maybe Set All Teams to be Managed by the AI). Keep something in mind though, any changes you made, once you relinquish control back to the AI it will make any changes it wants to make from that point on regardless of what you did. So it could literally undo everything you did and revert back to it's previous state.

Hope this information helps.

Have a Great night!

Palaaemon
Old 01-19-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
jim255
Minors (Double A)

Thanks, I think I'll take the chance. What I want to do is get rid of some "ringer" fictitious players other teams in my Cubs division signed . . . all because I somehow neglected to check the box disallowing any such player from reaching the majors when setting up this season. One of them, a "Steve Vernon," was "signed" by the Brewers to like a 7-year, $63 million contract and is burning up the league like a combination of Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera. The Mets signed some Oriental pitcher to an even bigger contract. I appreciate your reply--it means a lot!
Old 01-20-2020, 12:43 AM   #4
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

Fictional Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim255 View Post
Thanks, I think I'll take the chance. What I want to do is get rid of some "ringer" fictitious players other teams in my Cubs division signed . . . all because I somehow neglected to check the box disallowing any such player from reaching the majors when setting up this season. One of them, a "Steve Vernon," was "signed" by the Brewers to like a 7-year, $63 million contract and is burning up the league like a combination of Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera. The Mets signed some Oriental pitcher to an even bigger contract. I appreciate your reply--it means a lot!
Glad that I was able to help! . First off please tell me what type of game you are playing. Historical, modern etc.

Be very careful how you do this as you could severely affect these teams finances. Remember that these contracts are guaranteed so I believe you would have to go into commissioner mode and edit each player and zero out their contract money before you do anything with them. I am not in game right now so I cannot tell you exactly how but that should get you there. I know you should not just cut them or trade them. The original team could end up getting them back. Not sure what would happen if you deleted them. I don't know that I would do that. To many unknown effects. To be honest unless this is a historical franchise, I would just leave well enough alone. Consider it a small additional challenge for you. I have a lot of house rules to make things more challenging. Think about this also, lots of things can/will happen to these players. Injuries, suspensions, being traded etc. They will not all stay static in their situation. Also if not playing historic, at some point your league will become a fantasy league regardless within 10-15 years.

If you have any other questions or if something didn't make sense let me know. I check the forums several times a day.

Have a great night!

Palaaemon
Old 01-21-2020, 01:03 AM   #5
jim255
Minors (Double A)

Thanks once again for your interest in helping me. To help "level" the proverbial playing field, once I took control of the offending teams, I merely demoted that one problematic player and found to my surprise and delight that the other team had done so for me! But who knows, the AI could recall them and I could find myself being beaten by players who shouldn't be there. And since they are still on the team's roster(s), that should probably not upset the financial apple cart. I have also reverted control back to the AI for those teams. Oh, and yes, this is a historical team--a reply of the 2018 season. Any further comments would be appreciated; I'm always glad to learn from those more expert at this than I am.