Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:10 PM   #21
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

the only troll on here is this shark fellow lol
Old 12-22-2019, 04:41 AM   #22
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For me the truth is somewhere in the middle. I feel for Jim, he has gone above and beyond for the FOF community. For the price of a meal out I have had hundreds of hours of entertainment in FOF8. We have been well supported and he has done us proud over the years.

However sadly I also feel the frustration. I am done with FOF8 now, its limitations, exploits and flaws have been exposed. I am a MP only player and more than ready to walk away and find another hobby. Do we even know we will get MP in FOF9? We sure don't know when it is coming out. Will it just be FOF8 and all its faults with a better looking front end?

Jim owes us nothing. Although a few truths and some update progress would be fantastic.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #23
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Are you thick or just trolling?

What part of "Jim continues to work on FOF and gets help when he needs it." Didn't you understand?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I love these guys who come here and position themselves as chest-beating "defenders of the realm," insulting and shouting down anyone who asks a simple, modest, not-even-slightly-rude question or makes any sort of comment about the lack of updates on the game.

Getting angry at people who ask a question, or complain mildly about the lack of updates on a "video game" is as dumb as getting angry about the lack of updates on a "video game."

People have a right to ask questions and express frustration, as long as they do it respectfully.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 12-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #24
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

they should just lock the FOF forums until the announcement of features, pricing, release date, etc. There is nothing to discuss until that time.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:01 PM   #25
jdw31158
Minors (Double A)

I love to follow these threads, people who have nothing else to do complaining about a game that hasn't been released yet. Funny, yet sad in certain ways.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #26
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51 View Post
Markus didn't "basically tell you to shut up." He told us exactly what he's told us from the beginning which is "when we have an update, we'll let you know."

The reason you're getting dismissed is because they've been telling you the same thing over and over and over and over and over again and the same group keeps whining about the exact same things over and over and over again:

- communication is awful
- at my job, my boss would expect periodic updates
- this is terrible marketing
- it's been 80 years since it was announced
- OOTP doesn't care about our feelings

Jesus, we all heard you the last 532 times! Why is it so hard for you to comprehend? Like Tiger Fan said:

So what exactly are you trying to get out of this? How many threads like this need to keep being made before you finally accept what has been told to you all along? If you need an NFL simulation THAT BADLY then go play DDS! They've been pimping their game out on this forum a lot and would love your money! Competition is healthy, afterall, so now's your chance to get in on the ground floor and say you were a pioneer in shutting OOTP down.

So, by all means, go stick it to 'em; Buy DDS, never buy another OOTP game and just simply MOVE ON... because this petulant whining is flat-out ridiculous at this point and obviously getting you nowhere. No matter how many times you keep asking "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" they're going to keep telling you "No" until they've finally arrived.
Lol. The game was slated for a Fall 2018 release, we're a week and a half away from 2020. "Stop whining!" said the guy, whining like a baby, about people whining, grow up, no one forces you to come into this forum and read about people wanting a simple three word post saying "It's not cancelled."
Old 12-22-2019, 10:11 PM   #27
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Markus - it is not likely you will but I would like to ask that you give consideration to closing the FOF thread in it's entirety until such time as things progress to a point you are ready to announce a beta. Allow us to subscribe to notifications to gain word as word is available. Doing so would remove this wasted space and wasted breath. There is no ROI here, bring it back when there will be.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #28
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
To bad they never made a BBCF 2.....that game was and is a classic.
That and a TPF 2 to complement it would have been great!
Old 12-23-2019, 05:34 AM   #29
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
Markus - it is not likely you will but I would like to ask that you give consideration to closing the FOF thread in it's entirety until such time as things progress to a point you are ready to announce a beta. Allow us to subscribe to notifications to gain word as word is available. Doing so would remove this wasted space and wasted breath. There is no ROI here, bring it back when there will be.

FOF8 was not a great product and the MP community is really struggling with it from what i hear, leagues are getting way harder to fill, some long term leagues like the Cyber have closed down. Now if that is happening with MP i guess SP could be the same. People need a reason or some hope to keep on playing. We're not asking for updates just be dicks, we're asking because we want reasons to hang in there and keep on playing. Even the RZB an awesome league with so many great long standing GMs who add shed loads to the community are struggling and the GMs need reasons to keep playing.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #30
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Old 12-23-2019, 10:22 PM   #31
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
FOF8 was not a great product and the MP community is really struggling with it from what i hear, leagues are getting way harder to fill, some long term leagues like the Cyber have closed down. Now if that is happening with MP i guess SP could be the same. People need a reason or some hope to keep on playing. We're not asking for updates just be dicks, we're asking because we want reasons to hang in there and keep on playing. Even the RZB an awesome league with so many great long standing GMs who add shed loads to the community are struggling and the GMs need reasons to keep playing.
You were the original OP but my comment was directed to Markus. It asked for nothing from you or your opinions. Yet you will continue and will draw some level of satisfaction from doing so despite some of your facts being skewed. Again I ask Markus to consider closing this forum for now.

Last edited by nbryant; 12-23-2019 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:06 PM   #32
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I would love to have updates on the game but I havent paid a dime for it yet so I dont think I have a right to expect an update.
I'd rather let them release updates and the game when they are ready.
I have Second and Ten football, Action football, Madden 20, Mattell Electronic Football, Electric football so I think I'm good.
Besides we know what happens when a game is released before it's ready...WWE2K20 cough cough Front Page Spirts 99.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:52 AM   #33
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
You were the original OP but my comment was directed to Markus. It asked for nothing from you or your opinions. Yet you will continue and will draw some level of satisfaction from doing so despite some of your facts being skewed. Again I ask Markus to consider closing this forum for now.

Nolan how many MP leagues have you ragged quit from because you don't like the game etc?
Old 12-24-2019, 09:45 AM   #34
Scoman
All Star Starter

I am kind of surprised that after the initial announcement on 2/20/2018 that nearly 2 years later we would still be this far away from release.

At the time I thought it would happen quicker but with PT evolving and the new Out of the Park Baseball Go. Plus work on OOTP 20 and 21.

Seems like we will be waiting awhile.

But one thing I do know is when its ready it will be the Pro Football management game we've all been waiting for .
Old 12-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #35
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Nolan how many MP leagues have you ragged quit from because you don't like the game etc?
Lot's! That damn end of game algorithm(?) always pisses me off. That has nothing to do with us waiting for this one.

Everyone in the FOF world knows Jim is all about writing his code and does it well and is anal about his product. We know he is not the most open about it giving even a little in the way of information. We know his graphic skills leave something to be desired, lord knows I spent way too many hours trying to help that with my limited skill set. Taking this into account we need to appreciate the work that has to go into converting his code all while aligning it with new graphics and displays. Add to it the pedestal everyone has put OOTP on because of their other products, the fidelity of the data and the graphics presenting it and the expectation that this will come close to equaling that. Not to mention they still have a commitment to support their other products with a small team of dedicated enthusiasts. Collectively all of this makes for a complicated and daunting task.

Now, if we can remind ourselves of all of this and respect the process enough we should all also be able to appreciate the fact that when there is something to say that is worthy of presenting Markus/Jim and the team will do so, good or bad. Until then we can surmise that work continues and for now we will have to live with the current FOF, DDS or Mogul games. Bantering here does no one any good.

With that here's to wishing all a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

Last edited by nbryant; 12-24-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #36
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
FWIW, I am a SP only and just let the AI do the playbooks and gameplans, but I call all the plays. MP for me is too much work to be able to figure out how to cheat the AI with drafting and gameplaning. I have a limited amount of game time so that is not a fun way to spend the time (MP).
Old 12-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #37
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

I don't think it's unreasonable for consumers to expect any kind of update. They're either eons away from releasing this game or are really botching the dev/player interaction. Literally anything would be welcome, a single screenshot, a note or two about how development is going or a planned feature, a targeted release time (even just a quarter like Q4 2020).

They're giving absolutely nothing and only say they'll share when there's something to share. There has to be something to share unless this is abandoned and if that's the case just say so.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:47 PM   #38
offerman7
Minors (Single A)

The lack of communication is odd, I’m guessing there was a big issue and the game is being developed from scratch.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #39
ThePelvicWoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The fact that Gary from Wolverine Studios has had more communication with us on this forum over the last several months than anybody involved with the FOF project is pretty sad.

Jim, nor anybody from OOTP owe us anything with regards to updates. However, as a consumer I do not owe them complete loyalty either. I've given DDS a try over the last few days and am having fun with it so far. Going to try out a multiplayer league, and if it plays well in that setting FOF is no longer a day 1 buy for me

Last edited by ThePelvicWoo; 01-02-2020 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #40
wildcatscanread
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
What are people playing instead?