Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 07-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #41
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

does it have beer tents
Old 07-16-2019, 12:26 AM   #42
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Realistically, if it isn't out before Christmas, it probably won't be out until Fall of next year
Old 07-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #43
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Realistically, if it isn't out before Christmas, it probably won't be out until Fall of next year
Your point?
Old 07-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #44
RawIsDan
Bat Boy

Good to hear.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #45
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootMurph View Post
Your point?

The OOTP team will want to market the game ahead of release and we haven't heard anything. If it was just Jim, then I wouldn't read anything into it, but since he no longer needs to be (or is) responsible for marketing, I'm betting the game releases next August.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:47 PM   #46
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
The OOTP team will want to market the game ahead of release and we haven't heard anything. If it was just Jim, then I wouldn't read anything into it, but since he no longer needs to be (or is) responsible for marketing, I'm betting the game releases next August.
Makes sense and is quite possible although I would guess that they won't necessarily wait for August..nothing stopping them to release in December even for example if they feel it's ready. But if that's the case, hopefully Jim gives us a roster update for FOF8 to tie us over.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:20 PM   #47
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Awwwww, yea!

Old 08-04-2019, 08:39 AM   #48
whouse85
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The lack of a game isn’t the killer for me, it’s the lack of developer updates and activity within the community. It’s like we get an update every 8 months that is very vague and says the game is still on track for a release one day. But no updates on any actual features the game will have or what they are working on. Even the article on the original post doesn’t sound very sure of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #49
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whouse85 View Post
The lack of a game isn’t the killer for me, it’s the lack of developer updates and activity within the community. It’s like we get an update every 8 months that is very vague and says the game is still on track for a release one day. But no updates on any actual features the game will have or what they are working on. Even the article on the original post doesn’t sound very sure of the game.

That used to bother me too and I was checking the forums multiple times a week hoping for updates... But it's much easier now that I've just come to terms with the fact that it's just the way it is, it's evidently not going to change until there's more to report and we will get news when we get it.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #50
echolodge
Minors (Single A)

What's your daily record for checking this forum thread to see if there any updates on FOF9? I'm at nine or so. One day we will be rewarded...
Old 08-04-2019, 09:43 PM   #51
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
That used to bother me too and I was checking the forums multiple times a week hoping for updates... But it's much easier now that I've just come to terms with the fact that it's just the way it is, it's evidently not going to change until there's more to report and we will get news when we get it.
I'm with you, I used to come here and check this forum daily. But I've done to terms that this game isn't coming when we want it to and will just have to wait patiently for updates. I know we're going to get an incredible game, and until we do we'll just have to continue waiting
Old 08-05-2019, 05:32 PM   #52
Dargone
Hall Of Famer

Excited for release - maybe before 2034?!?

Yeah, I have given up myself. Obviously, barring a disaster, the game will come out. I'll say this though. I'd much rather have an update here or there as opposed to delay after delay.

I know in the current video/computer games market it's not a good idea to get too excited for anything. In todays market of ship games early, pre-order madness and patch the game later it is rare for any game to live up to the massive hype and expectation. Then of course there is crappy DLC, season passes and my personal favorite - micro-transactions. . Ohhh, excuse me, surprise mechanics.

Keep working Jim and, like most people in this thread, I already have my ~$50 ready.

Thanks for reading!
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.-Margaret Mitchell
Old 08-05-2019, 10:12 PM   #53
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by whouse85 View Post

Jim has never been big on that kind of thing. There was one update where no one knew he was even working on it until the very moment he released it.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #54
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

With the preseason starting I thought I'd check here.

And, no update.

I can't be upset though. I used to check this place daily. Now its once a month.

My $50 is still reserved for FOF9 though.

Hopefully update at start of regular season.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #55
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
does it have beer tents
Still no answer? This is important.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:19 PM   #56
swoboda
All Star Starter

Starting to feel like I am headed for yet another season playing Football Pro 97. An excellent game and I still enjoy it but I would rather switch to this one

The late great Lindsey Nelson
Old 08-15-2019, 06:40 PM   #57
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Starting to feel like I am headed for yet another season playing Football Pro 97. An excellent game and I still enjoy it but I would rather switch to this one
Is there anyway to get updated rosters? Only reason I dont play the game tbh
Old 08-16-2019, 01:56 PM   #58
swoboda
All Star Starter

Unfortunately I have not seen any such updates. You can create new teams by editing it yourself however that is very , very labor-intensive.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
Old 08-16-2019, 06:02 PM   #59
james17
All Star Starter

FBPro 98 was the best of many good games of football. It's hard to believe none of the games developed since then have been equal let alone better.

Ditto for XOR's NFL Challenge from the 80's.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:29 PM   #60
sirotka33
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
FBPro 98 was the best of many good games of football. It's hard to believe none of the games developed since then have been equal let alone better.

Ditto for XOR's NFL Challenge from the 80's.

we used to run online leagues using fbpro 98. i miss it.