Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
JerryGrape
Bat Boy

Naturally Evolving Strategy

First post!

I've been playing for around a year now, and since I'm most interested in the world-building/alternate history aspect of OOTP, I play fictional. I've started to become frustrated with what seems to be the biggest shortcoming in this side of the game.

As far as I can tell, league settings provide two options for strategy (and player creation) evolution:
-exactly follows real-world historical trends
-doesn't change at all

(the most relevant thread I've found: https://www.reddit.com/r/OOTP/commen...hat_naturally/)

Is this still the case? To me, fictional leagues would be 1000% times more interesting if strategy (and player skills) naturally evolved based on actual factors in the league (rules, current strategy, etc.).

I understand that this would involve pretty advanced AI programming. So have any of you had a similar craving, and found any solutions or work-arounds? Is there any way to approximate this natural evolution? Or if you manually adjust strategy and player-creation modifiers each year, what method do you use to approximate natural evolution?

Last edited by JerryGrape; 04-07-2019 at 12:21 PM.
JerryGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:21 AM   #2
D.Nukem
Bat Boy

First reply.
I'm with you, love the historical leagues and currently playing with the early twenties New York Yankees. My experience seems different.
After a great run with Babe Ruth and company my players have all deteriorated considerably. I realize now that it is age, DUH!
But I also seem to have trouble bringing a potential five star to fruition. Anyone have hints on that?
D.Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote