Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:06 PM   #1321
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Youngstown Orcas made the playoff with a strong 92-70, good enough for the 4th highest winning rate in the whole AC, but could not withstand the onslaught of Cartersville Silver Cardinals, the team who led the AC in both hitting and pitching(but gave up speed and defense) and got swept. That did not matter though because the upcoming Iron season is the important one.

I have the time to rename the team to Melaka(also known as Malacca in English, but I am sticking to the native language) Armada and the team is ready to launch a naval invasion on OL...right after I find the few spots I still need to fill. I was pondering on where to locate the team throughout the week. Plenty of cities with diversed culture around the world, but I decided to just stick to my home country since it's rare enough in the PTverse. Gonna represent when I have the chance. I chose Malacca because of its strong history.

Last edited by Goliathus; 05-19-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #1322
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
What do you think? Shall we keep them?
I like them!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #1323
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Youngstown Orcas made the playoff with a strong 92-70, good enough for the 4th highest winning rate in the whole AC, but could not withstand the onslaught of Cartersville Silver Cardinals, the team who led the AC in both hitting and pitching(but gave up speed and defense) and got swept. That did not matter though because the upcoming Iron season is the important one.

I have the time to rename the team to Melaka(also known as Malacca in English, but I am sticking to the native language) Armada and the team is ready to launch a naval invasion on OL...right after I find the few spots I still need to fill. I was pondering on where to locate the team throughout the week. Plenty of cities with diversed culture around the world, but I decided to just stick to my home country since it's rare enough in the PTverse. Gonna represent when I have the chance. I chose Malacca because of its strong history.

I'll put the name change in. Also, please post your team's logo when you've settled on one.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #1324
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'll put the name change in. Also, please post your team's logo when you've settled on one.

It's the Armada from the fictional folder.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:15 PM   #1325
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League Gang of Five

-30-
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-19-2019, 06:25 PM   #1326
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's the Armada from the fictional folder.

I'm not sure I know where to look. I came up with this, if you're interested.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-19-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #1327
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Cut and Paste and PNG Friends List

I have to run out, so I'm not sure that I'll get this up later. Remember, if you're in Gold, to add Sanguine to your Friends List, and please add the new folks to your Iron list. Don't overlook neptune (Philadelphia AC) in the entry league. Don't forget to hit submit team before you leave PT. Thanks.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: txt friendscut&paste.txt (1.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-19-2019, 06:45 PM   #1328
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Classics were unable to get to the WS. We lost the S278 AC Championship 4 games to 2. So now we get to go try not to be a whipping boy in Gold Level.

Edit: The cool part is this team finally gets a banner!

Last edited by Kushiel; 05-19-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:48 PM   #1329
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm not sure I know where to look. I came up with this, if you're interested.

Either

(1)In-game -> PT -> Customize Team Design -> Select Your Logo -> Fictional -> Search for "Armada"

(2)Wherever-your-Steam-is-at\SteamApps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 20\default_data\logo_files. Inside logo_files, there's a nickname folder, look for "armada_" there.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #1330
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Green Lake and Battery Point bowed out of the playoffs early, so no one is going to Perfect from Our League yet. It was a good first year in Diamond for the Cowboys. The team batted over .300 again, with Rod Carew (a new Gold 1B version) winning our 5th straight batting title. The position player roster is getting pretty settled so I'll probably be training up extra positions next year. Can't find enough historical relievers on the market though.

The Victoria Vikings (on the Victoria Day long weekend!) had a bit of a funny year. Last in the division, but 309 homers is way more than any MLB team has ever done. Kevin Maas led the league with 47 HR, but boasted a middling 100 OPS+ and 0.2 WAR! I haven't found enough players for this team yet and no pitchers, so it'll take a while to build up. The outfield is set for next year though, with Pirates-era Barry Bonds, Bo Jackson, Giancarlo Stanton, and Roger Maris. Hopefully the team will make it into Our League next season.

I'm also running a third team outside of Our League as a collector team in the entry pool. The theme right now is all Bronze cards -- the Bronze Argonauts. Even with that restriction they're 2nd in the entry pool out of a bunch of teams. Love Bronze cards.

Last edited by Argonaut; 05-19-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #1331
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Out of curiosity, how much PP have you gotten in this season with Vikings?
Old 05-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #1332
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Question for the brains behind "Our League"...

How do you insure that members have not spent money on their team? The only document in-game I can see would work are screen prints of the MARKET-TRANSACTION HISTORY screens.

I'm considering either joining or starting a second F2P league with similar rules, but can't get my head around how to enforce some of the rules (yet).

Thank you.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #1333
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Honor system I would assume. It's impossible to prove anything. A point system like Orcin's league mentioned elsewhere would be easier to enforce.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #1334
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Honor system I would assume. It's impossible to prove anything. A point system like Orcin's league mentioned elsewhere would be easier to enforce.
Yup. Honor system. You'd have to be a very sad individual to have a p2p team masquerading as a f2p.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:08 PM   #1335
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how much PP have you gotten in this season with Vikings?
Not an overly large amount. I think you get more PP from a contact-focused team than a power-focused team. Like someone said elsewhere, you only get 20 PP for a grand slam. Plus my team was bad at everything but power so they lost out on those occasional defensive PPs like with shutouts. I think the lion's share of my available PP went to that Pirate Bonds card (which is a nice card).
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #1336
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Yup. Honor system. You'd have to be a very sad individual to have a p2p team masquerading as a f2p.
I would agree, one would have to be a sad individual but lately I find the world filled a with such fellows.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:49 PM   #1337
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I would agree, one would have to be a sad individual but lately I find the world filled a with such fellows.
Trust me, they are out there. I expect this forum to have a more matured crowd so the likelihood of someone cheating is very low; but out there? I am more skeptical.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #1338
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Ewa Beach will be back for another season in Gold after a 92-70 record led to a disappointing exit in the Division series of the playoffs. Led by their #1 in runs against ranking and #1 in defensive efficiency ranking they look to improve on their middle of the pack offense. With only 107 home runs last year, this team clearly needs some power bats. With 10K PP to spend, hopefully, there is someone out there that can provide immediate help.

Kaneohe will return to return to Gold as well after a mediocre 86-76 record that led to a Division series exit. With solid pitching and defense, but with little in the way of PP. Kaneohe has no choice but to save up for some much needed hitting. Perhaps the redesigned stadium tailored to Kaneohe's lineup will be a factor.

Palolo will once again play in Silver. 95-67 in the regular season with a hugely disappointing loss int he Division Series. A team built with speed and power, Palolo showed a little more speed and less power this year. In-season pickups, Cuyler, Jeter, Dysktra, and Bonds replaced such perennial fan favorites as Gibson and Jackson. Let's see what those guys can do with a full season under their belts. As far as new acquisitions go, fanswill have to be satisfied with the status quo in the time being while Palolo saves up for an ace pitcher to complement Gary Peters, who impressed in two end of the year starts.

Aina Haina will be back in Diamond after another mediocre season (83-79). Great defense and pitching along with a wretched offense. Aina Haina has 17K PP saved up for some new blood, but they will wait to spend it until after seeing how their team adjusts to the remodeled Parakeets Ballpark. The renovations have changed Parakeets Ballpark into a more neutral environment after previously being a dead zone for hitters. It does seem, though, that Aina Haina needs another starting pitcher, some relief help, and a power transfusion to their Montgomery Burns-ish offense.

Last edited by OMGPuppies; 05-19-2019 at 10:52 PM.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:30 PM   #1339
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
True, but as I said originally, you could have each team submit screen shots of their transactions log each week or so. Not perfect but a help.

I'd join this year, but I got bored once or twice even with my two F2P teams and bought a pack or two lol. Next year I think I'll avoid the P2P team(s) altogether.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:53 PM   #1340
Magus978
All Star Starter

No advancement to Silver for Our League teams.

Daytona Beach lost in 5 in Division Series
Philadelphia lost in the wildcard game

Except for more Our League games being compiled this season, it has been a complete waste of time. Daytona Beach, Philadelphia, Ozark, Asheboro, and New York will all contest Bronze again next season.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote