Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 10-11-2022, 06:55 PM   #1
uruguru
All Star Reserve

Working on a scheduling tool - unsure of its general appeal

Attached is a screenshot of a Java app I have been working on for the past couple of days.

What it does:

1. Allows you to import pre-existing single subleague schedules for either subleague (1 or 2)

2. Allows you to easily shuffle the teams so that teams get an random spot in the loaded schedules

3. Allows you to override the game start time for each team... one setting for Weekdays, one for Saturday games and one for Sunday games. If having west coast games start 3 hours after east coast games, or the Cubs not having night games appeals to you, then you will like this feature.

4. Allows you to save the merged schedules to a new file that can be loaded in to OOTP

What it doesn't do:

1. Generate new schedules based on your desired league structure. It only works with pre-existing schedules

2. Verify that your schedules for each league are compatible (i.e. same length, All-Star break, etc)

3. Load in multi-league schedules

What I use it for:

Basically what I wanted was an easy way to recreate 162-game schedule for any given year of a historical MLB sim. To this end I have created "proper" 162-game schedules for leagues with 10, 12, 14 and 16 teams. I'm working on an 8-team, 154-game schedule as well.

A "proper" schedule (my term, don't hate) is a schedule in which teams vying for the same playoff spot play the exact same schedule with regards to opponents. This was standard for MLB until the leagues expanded to 14 teams (AL in 1977, NL in 1993).

Since I have created proper schedules for up to 16 teams, I can run an MLB historical sim from 1962 to modern day with properly balanced schedules.

If anyone finds this useful, I am post the source and/or an executable jar file along with the schedule files I use. Of course, anyone can use their own schedule files (any number of teams and games).

The schedule files I have meet all of these criteria:

- 162 game schedule for 10/12/14/16 teams. Note: I did not create the 14-team file and found it in this forum.

- Each schedule is exactly 26 weeks (182 days), with the ASG in week 15 (Day 100). This means you can mix and match as the leagues expand in different years

- No double-headers

- All teams play the same exact number of home/road games against the same opponents as any other team in their division

- All teams get 13 weekend homestands out of the 26 weeks.

It's not a super-complicated program but it addresses a problem I have been trying to solve for some time.
Attached Images

Last edited by uruguru; 10-11-2022 at 06:59 PM.
uruguru is offline   Reply With Quote