Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 10-27-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
gnb1982
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Trouble with all-in-one on mac

Hi all,

I just upgraded from oopt 12 to 16 and am very excited to get things going. I have successfully downloaded and installed the all-in-one (or so I thought), but am not getting the right player photos. I went to play my first game and didn't have the ballpark images either. I have spent about 6 hours in the forum, reading all of the instructions and so forth, but am not having any luck.

I was able to download and install the all-in-one for 12 and it made my playing experience so much better. That, however, was four years ago. I am now using a macbook pro and am unsure if my troubles are related to that or if there is some other step I am forgetting.

In my efforts to fix things, I deleted a file, "addons.xml". It seems like the file is still there, so I am not sure what is going on. I then tried to re-install the all-in-one and am getting the message that reads: "ADDONS_DIALOG::install_file - could not find source file"

Has anyone had success with he all-in-one on a mac or am I missing something really easy? Should I re-download the entire game.

Any help would be much appreciated?
gnb1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:49 AM   #2
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Ummm...

The Addons file is kind of important. I don't recommend deleting it.

As for adding ballpark pix (or jerseys, caps , player pix, and logos) click on the "Go" menu in finder. While the menu is down, hold the option key. "Library" will appear. Select it. Then open the "Application Support" folder. Open "Out of the Park Developments". You'll see all the folders where this data is stored. I added the MLB Logo to the OOTP folder and dragged it to the far right of my dock, so I always have ready access to it.

When you relaunch the game, everything but the ballparks will automatically appear. Ballpark pictures have to be linked by going to "League Settings" in your game and selecting "Edit Ballpark". Then navigate through your leagues and manually add the pix. I'm not a huge fan of the file selection window, but the "Filter" option is a HUGE help in selecting...particularly when you have say 2600 ballpark pix like I do. When you're all done adding (and editing ball flight and player location) your parks, you can pull down the menu at the right of the game screen and export your ballparks. Then, go to "Saved Games" inside you league folder (again, in the OOTP folder). Open "import_export" and you'll find a myriad of small files with the extension .prk. Drag those to a safe place (I store them in a folder called "prk" right with my ballpark pix. Then, when you start your next game, you can import these through that same menu in the ballpark editor and voila! Your ballparks are adjusted. It's a hell of a lot of work, but well worth it. Sorry to be so long winded and hope this helps.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:51 PM   #3
gnb1982
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks so much for the response. I am still struggling with this as I am not really sure what files are supposed to be where or even there at all. I may have to delete and re-download the game and try to download and install the all-in-one again. I just feel like there is something I am missing as the player photos never worked right.

I will try some things and see if I can offer some more specifics.
gnb1982 is offline   Reply With Quote