Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-28-2015, 06:07 PM   #61
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
So it seems as though there is not a place to put jerseys/helmets/team logos/league logos so that ANY new league would look for those images to start with?

As it seems now, you have to add them into the league folder itself each time? Just wanting to confirm since I'm setting up test sim leagues now.
You can put it in the quickstart folder for modern leagues, there are instructions at the bottom of the manual's modding/customization page: Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals

Not an option yet for fictional or historical, but we want to find a better solution than having to drop them into the save file each time.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #62
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjc1233 View Post
Really stupid question..After I select new game and put in the file name and select the leagues, how do I advance? Using a 2015 11' MacBook Air if that helps..I don't see an option to advance anywhere
There should be an OK button at the bottom of the screen that'll take you to the manager setup page - if it's cut off, you may need to switch to a lower resolution.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #63
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

How's this for a painful injury....

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 5.14.25 PM.png
Views: 1227
Size:  370.9 KB
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #64
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
You can put it in the quickstart folder for modern leagues, there are instructions at the bottom of the manual's modding/customization page: Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals

Not an option yet for fictional or historical, but we want to find a better solution than having to drop them into the save file each time.
Cool, I haven't started a league using a quickstart, just the normal new league feature.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #65
Edster007
All Star Starter

Playing on a macbook whether in profile or edit mode Personal Details is cut off and you can't scroll within that field. Under edit mode and contract status most of "no trade clause" is showing, if there is anything underneath I cant see it.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:12 PM   #66
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Doesn't seem the "Rules" link is usable yet, correct? This is under LEAGUE CONTROLS. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #67
jvjc1233
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah, it is cut off, what resolution should I put it on? Also, how do I change the resolution? Sorry for the questions, new to the game

Last edited by jvjc1233; 09-28-2015 at 07:30 PM.
jvjc1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #68
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quickstarts - What is the difference between Majors - Majors2014?

Also, when starting a new game, if you choose "quickstart" from the opening menu, the window that opens asks you to select a quickstart, but none appear in the window and there doesn't seem to be a way to navigate to the ones that come with the game.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #69
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Doesn't seem the "Rules" link is usable yet, correct? This is under LEAGUE CONTROLS. Thanks!
The Rules link should be always usable, the Rules tab under League Edit is only active at the start of a new season (July 1st).
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #70
Twi
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
The drafts in historical mode do contain real players, yes.
Really? How extensive is this? If I start in 1931 do I have real players for every draft? That's something I've always wanted from a game, if so that's amazing!
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:31 PM   #71
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Quickstarts - What is the difference between Majors - Majors2014?
The "Majors" is used if you start a new 2015/2016 game, the "Majors2014" is an old quickstart that is not used anymore.

Quote:
Also, when starting a new game, if you choose "quickstart" from the opening menu, the window that opens asks you to select a quickstart, but none appear in the window and there doesn't seem to be a way to navigate to the ones that come with the game.
You have to create your own quickstarts. Only quickstarts created by the user are accessible on this dialog.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:33 PM   #72
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
The "Majors" is used if you start a new 2015/2016 game, the "Majors2014" is an old quickstart that is not used anymore.

You have to create your own quickstarts. Only quickstarts created by the user are accessible on this dialog.
So safe to delete that folder then?

Tks
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #73
shinomourikenji
Bat Boy

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 6.31.26 PM.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  127.9 KB

So I have a problem, during game sims I cant end them because the end sim button is cut off in the game window.
shinomourikenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #74
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
So safe to delete that folder then?

Tks
Yes.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #75
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinomourikenji View Post
Attachment 420492

So I have a problem, during game sims I cant end them because the end sim button is cut off in the game window.
You'll need to go down to a slightly smaller resolution (or if you're at the smallest one, into fullscreen mode.) The interface will resize to fit.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #76
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinomourikenji View Post
Attachment 420492

I do believe you need to switch to "full screen" mode in the preferences menu from main screen, as you don't have a good enough resolution to contain the whole screen on windowed mode.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:38 PM   #77
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Really? How extensive is this? If I start in 1931 do I have real players for every draft? That's something I've always wanted from a game, if so that's amazing!
I'll let JeffR handle the nitty gritty details. I know not every single player that every laced up the skates is in there, but... all the major players are for sure. As I said, Jeff is the historical guru, so I'll let him (or one of the beta testers) provide you with more detail.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:39 PM   #78
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjc1233 View Post
Yeah, it is cut off, what resolution should I put it on? Also, how do I change the resolution? Sorry for the questions, new to the game
The resolution is changed in the Preferences menu from the Main Screen.

You should likely switch to Full Screen mode (and then exit the game and restart for it to take effect).
Old 09-28-2015, 07:41 PM   #79
Twi
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I'll let JeffR handle the nitty gritty details. I know not every single player that every laced up the skates is in there, but... all the major players are for sure. As I said, Jeff is the historical guru, so I'll let him (or one of the beta testers) provide you with more detail.
I look forward to hearing the details!
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #80
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

I am curious about how some of the attributes interact. If I wanted to create a forward with a powerful but inaccurate shot, do I just dial up shooting range and dial down shooting accuracy? Or are there other levers I can pull?

The description of shooting range makes it seem more like an extension of the accuracy attribute.

The game looks very slick. One issue I noticed is that in historical certain special characters (ie, the "č" in Martin Ručinskı) show up as question marks.
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote