Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
djawic
Bat Boy

1871 to 1891 Simulations

The biggest issue with the game's database for use in simulations of the years 1871 to 1891 and beyond is the league's team membership and team rosters. The game recognizes only eight teams (Cleveland, Philadelphia, Baltimore, St. Louis, Boston, Chicago, Brooklyn, and Cincinnati) during this period when, in fact, there were dozens of teams. Each year the league's roster would change. When I checked the team rosters, I found that players of the period were randomly assigned to these eight teams, although their stats seem accurate, they did not play for that team during that year or at all. When teams are completely missing from year to year and when the team rosters are composites of more than one team, how can any simulations based on this data be considered valid? This is a major disappointment for me because one of the reasons that I purchased the game was to have access to data for the National Association which is not available elsewhere. Am I missing something? Does anyone else have this issue?
djawic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
CatKnight
All Star Starter

OOTP can not easily reflect the period from 1871-1900 due to the different leagues, expansions, contractions, and so forth. The data is there for people who want to try, but it doesn't work well without human intervention.

A (somewhat) accurate sim can be done, but requires significant manual manipulation of each team's roster, handling contractions and growth, and so forth. There are a few threads scattered here and there to that effect.

The core 'default/vanilla' historical model doesn't really stabilize until 1901.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote