Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Those pesky fictional Martinez boys

Here's what I'm trying to do:

1. Start historical league in 1961.

2. Auto-play league until October, 1968.

3. Become GM of one of the expansion teams. Thinking, Seattle.

4. Draft my team.

5. Play Ball!

Here's what keeps happening:

1. I set all of the settings to prevent fictional players - minors filled with ghost player, no fictional player, players deleted if no historical MLB.

2. I let my computer chunk away for an hour or two, until it gets to October, 1968.

3. I move the calendar forward a day at a time until Seattle becomes available, at which time I "apply."

4. I check out the draft pool. Invariably, there are several dozen players who don't actually exist. Some of them HAVE EVEN ACCUMULATED BIG LEAGUE STATS! Most, but not all of these OOTP fictions are from Latin America. A few are Asian. Some are even American.

Is there anyone who can tell me how to absolutely, positively prevent this? I don't want no stinking fictions! I've checked the manual and I thought I had everything set just so. But after the 5th unsuccessful try, I'm figuring a shout out is in order.

Thanks!
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
dynaboyj
Major Leagues

You got Automatically Import Historical Rookies on?
dynaboyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
mjj55409
All Star Starter

You are using v12, I assume? This is a bug, or feature, of the new world xml file. The standard USA is hardcoded to bring in foreign free agents each season. Yes, even in a historical league. So you need to either delete the handful of foreign free agents created each year (first day of off season). Or, clone the USA in the world xml file and use the clone to create your league.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

I used a clone but that creates another problem. I set my league to historical for 1901 and moved the teams and deleted real players. Create fictional players. In 1902 every team was moved to the hardcoded US and my FA pool was from the now non-existent level USA. Not a big deal if using historical players other than no team has a city they are based in because my original US has only one city now to save a ton of time on recoding cities and states. It could impact your minors if you use fictional players.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote