Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #21
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Here is another update. I have completed several of the pages for the new OOTP Mods site. It's a bit time consuming to copy all the links and duplicate the information, but the good news is that most of the work is in the setup.

Thankfully, maintenance will be easier, though I'd still like to add some improvements and more graphic design elements.

I need to finish four more pages and then finalize a banner logo and change the color scheme. I hope to have everything completed for a launch by Thursday night Pacific time. But we'll see how it goes.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 AM   #22
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Here is another update. I have completed several of the pages for the new OOTP Mods site. It's a bit time consuming to copy all the links and duplicate the information, but the good news is that most of the work is in the setup.

Thankfully, maintenance will be easier, though I'd still like to add some improvements and more graphic design elements.

I need to finish four more pages and then finalize a banner logo and change the color scheme. I hope to have everything completed for a launch by Thursday night Pacific time. But we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for your efforts Chuck!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.459923,-74.510268
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #23
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I had hoped that this would be the end of the updates and the announcement of the site launch, but I still have some tedious work to do on copying the links. The FaceGen page is grueling!

Since I have other projects and business that I'm working on, it looks like this will spill into the weekend. But I'm pretty close to the launch.

The next steps will be determining and rolling out the file submission method.

But overall the site is ready to go except for the final lists of links that I'm finishing and correcting.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #24
PadresFan
All Star Starter

I hear ya!!!

Really looking forward to see how you take my modest site to the next level. Thanks again!!

Al
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #25
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Must've missed this thread. Just wanted to say thanks to PadresFan for all he's done in the past. And thanks to Charlie Hough for stepping up to the plate!

As a side note for mod makers, AllSimBaseball has always had an "upload" option for uploading and sharing files. It doesn't get used much but it's there. I don't do any organizing at all, and don't plan to, but it's an option that can be used as a backup.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #26
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Really looking forward to see how you take my modest site to the next level. Thanks again!!
It's going to stay respectfully modest for now. Sometimes simpler is better.

Down the road, I might like to add a list of recommended mods and also try to do more cataloging of forum threads with additional files that aren't already hosted. But that starts getting ambitious, and my time will be limited.

However, I'd like to stir up some new discussion and collaboration on the forums so that some of the leading mod developers can help create official recommendations and help catalog some of the odds and ends. Maybe some tutorial pages could be added as well.

I also think it would be nice to use the site as a way to further promote OOTP. That's where added content can come in handy.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 12-30-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #27
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Hey gang. I'm going to do a soft launch of the new mods site for initial testing and review. I'm working on finishing two more pages, but rather than keep everyone waiting, I've decided to provide a link to the new domain.

Most of the site is functional, but there are two pages yet to be added and a few final links missing. I will finish everything on Monday, and I'll make a more formal announcement and officially launch the site this week.

I need to get with PadresFan on the plan for shutting down the OOTP section of his website and redirecting traffic as needed.

There are plans to do much more with the new site as time, funding, and cooperation from the OOTP community allows.

I welcome feedback and suggestions, and I'll certainly be asking some of you for help, ideas and opinions in the near future.

Please forgive the very basic and modest approach so far. I have been experimenting with some new graphic design elements and some other features, but I'm keeping the current site as simple as possible for now.

OOTP Mods Website
Old 01-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #28
md5423
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Hey gang. I'm going to do a soft launch of the new mods site for initial testing and review. I'm working on finishing two more pages, but rather than keep everyone waiting, I've decided to provide a link to the new domain.

Most of the site is functional, but there are two pages yet to be added and a few final links missing. I will finish everything on Monday, and I'll make a more formal announcement and officially launch the site this week.

I need to get with PadresFan on the plan for shutting down the OOTP section of his website and redirecting traffic as needed.

There are plans to do much more with the new site as time, funding, and cooperation from the OOTP community allows.

I welcome feedback and suggestions, and I'll certainly be asking some of you for help, ideas and opinions in the near future.

Please forgive the very basic and modest approach so far. I have been experimenting with some new graphic design elements and some other features, but I'm keeping the current site as simple as possible for now.

OOTP Mods Website

The site looks great so far! I am looking forward to seeing it expand and get some new mods. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are not as many mods this year, however they are still all great. thanks to everyone who has made this game better with mods!
A big thanks to PadresFan, CharlieHough, and Jazzrack!
md5423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
BabyLemonade
Minors (Double A)

Thanks ..This is great..I hope that with the next version of OOTP the database will have in-game link so to make easy the download procedures..

Many thanks for creating this site..And many thanks to PadresFan for all he has done..
BabyLemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #30
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Charlie is there a reason why neither of my custom/celebrity facegen sets are listed? my 2011 1st rd draft pick set is but not my set II or set I with Dreamteams & micropetuer.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #31
md5423
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Charlie is there a reason why neither of my custom/celebrity facegen sets are listed? my 2011 1st rd draft pick set is but not my set II or set I with Dreamteams & micropetuer.
go to the facegen tab and scroll down until you get to the fictional section
md5423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #32
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

First off, I would like to announce that the site pages are complete for now, and I've posted the first updated links. We're still in a soft launch phase for now, but thank you to everyone so far for your support, patience, and comments. Also, special thanks for the site's first official donation from an OOTP community member! I'll send a private message to this individual with thanks. It was great to see a donation arrive so quickly. Any contributions will be very helpful in defraying the hosting costs and making additional investments in site content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by md5423 View Post
TI am looking forward to seeing it expand and get some new mods. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are not as many mods this year, however they are still all great.
There is definitely a downward trend, at least in terms of the mods linked from PadreFan's original site. I believe this is due in part to the fact that a lot of major mods have been successful and only need to update now. New mods are perhaps less necessary for certain areas of the game.

However, I also get the sense that there are other mods out there which haven't been listed or linked, so I intend to launch a campaign to unearth more mods that are worthy of promotion and that might be missing. Hopefully I can also develop some additional content that could inspire new mod creators. I hope to work with some of the mod developers to publish some tutorials, and that could spark a new wave of work from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Hopefully you've found your sets after md5423's helpful response. But this brings up one of the issues I've identified with the new site, which is a need to reorganize some of the categories. As the mods grow in numbers and OOTP continues to release new versions, the site needs a way to group mods by game version and then into more refined categories. I'll be brainstorming ways to do this effectively.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 01-03-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #33
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by md5423 View Post
go to the facegen tab and scroll down until you get to the fictional section
DOH! it help to scroll down...my mouse must be messing up. I am just gonna blame my mouse and see if that flies.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #34
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Hello, folks. Things are going well with the new mods site. I just found a number of forum links that were still missing, and I discovered that all the forum links were failing to load in a new window. This was due to an over-correction that I made in some mass code updates.

I've fixed these two issues, and the site seems to be in good shape for now. I'm already working on some new content ideas, and I'll complete the official launch by the end of this weekend.

In some good news, the site received a very generous donation from some friends in the OOTP business

If OOTP mods have increased your enjoyment of OOTP Baseball over the years, please consider a donation to help the site grow and deliver more content and features for the OOTP community.

And if you're a mod creator, please visit the site and use the Submit button to email any files and information that you would like to add. I'll be glad to host the files as well for maximum reliability and ease of access.

As always, thanks for everyone's support and encouragement.

http://www.ootpmods.com

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 01-06-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #35
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Looks awesome! Thanks Greg!!

I have updated my website to point folks in your direction...

Al
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #36
Gern44
All Star Starter

Padres, thanks very much for all the time and effort you have put in for the community. Its no small thing by a longshot.

Charlie Hough (as if that is your real name!) thanks for picking up the ball on this.

Im sure you both know how invalueable this is to the entire community.

And to back up my words... Using the Submit link on the ootpmods site, I've just submitted a Zip file with 3 of my Jersey Templates. Hopefully, they will be useful to somebody.

Thanks again guys.

Gern44's Blog
Gern44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #37
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Gern44, I just uploaded your template pack and added it to the FaceGen page (in the bottom section under Other Files).

Is there a forum discussion thread for your templates that I should include? If not, that's okay. Some mods don't have a forum link listed.

The link to the file is Gern44's Jersey Template Pack.

I suppose that I still need to do my formal announcement for the new website. I wonder if Markus and the gang could promote it in a newsletter. But that might be problematic because there are links to files with unlicensed materials. So I'm guessing that I'm on my own
Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #38
Chicagofan76
Banned

you need a different name for the site...Before i would tell someone to go to Padresfan now telling them to go to OOTPMods.com isn't the same. Guess I'll just tell them to go to Charlie Hough's or the Knuckleballer since even OOTP Mods.com is shorter the mac.wilson.alpharomeo.abcd.mac or whatever the long address to Padresfan is.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #39
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Charlie, I just want to say thank you for setting up and transitioning the site from Padresfan!
Padresfan did an outstanding job providing access to rosters, mods and add-ons and I am sure you will do the same!

I will provide some of my cap and jersey mods for upload to your site shortly!

Last edited by ashantewarrier; 01-21-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #40
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gern44, I just uploaded your template pack and added it to the FaceGen page (in the bottom section under Other Files).

Is there a forum discussion thread for your templates that I should include? If not, that's okay. Some mods don't have a forum link listed.

The link to the file is Gern44's Jersey Template Pack.

I suppose that I still need to do my formal announcement for the new website. I wonder if Markus and the gang could promote it in a newsletter. But that might be problematic because there are links to files with unlicensed materials. So I'm guessing that I'm on my own
Padresfan site was promoted by OOTP I believe (or was it???)