Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #41
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffeyin98 View Post
what do you guys do in your league about contracts that aren't equal in years? like if I'm the leading bid with 15 million for 5 years, and someone comes along and bids 16 million for 1, his bid is now leading?
In order to have a valid leading bid it would need to be 10% (or any % selected by Admin) higher then the total of the previous bid.
In that case the total contract was $75 million, so you'd have to offer at least a $82.5 million dollar contract (1-5 years).
(the tool also now displays the lowest possible valid bids required before you place any bid which helps quite a bit)

Quote:
Wouldn't you just make a 3rd field in the sql for url the same as it does for Name and position? You'd then have to add that field everywhere you wanted the link. But you would still have to manually put it into your csv file for the players you wanted though
yeah that's how that would work, I guess you would want to add player reports for specific players one at a time? I just think that's a lot of additional work when adding players, but maybe Fidel likes the idea and he'll add it in for you.

Quote:
any idea when this new version will be ready? we're scheduled to start this saturday.
Not sure but Fidel should let you know soon
Old 02-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #42
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That would be pretty sweet. But I don't see a way it could be accomplished within bulk player additions.

Wouldn't you just make a 3rd field in the sql for url the same as it does for Name and position? You'd then have to add that field everywhere you wanted the link. But you would still have to manually put it into your csv file for the players you wanted though
Linking to player pages is not the simple because the player page url is a player number (i.e. player_5988). If they were named exactly like the player names appeared, it would be a start. I could add an option for the admin to manually paste in the links, but I doubt that would suffice when, like our recent auction, had 130+ players.

BUT...

Maybe 2.0 could have an option for you to import a formatted csv with additional columns so that the tool would show some ratings or stats. Not sure what would be more in demand because our league uses scouts so we hav no need for such links at present.

Quote:
any idea when this new version will be ready? we're scheduled to start this saturday.

Thanks
My apologies. I recently started a HUGE website project, which came out of the blue and I totally neglected faAuction. I expect that I will have an updated version ready no later than this Sunday morning. Sorry to keep you waiting. I really didn't expect much interest in this but I am happy to provide support for it as long as it is useful to someone.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #43
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

no biggie on the links, we're planning to only do 20 or so guys with ours, so it wouldn't have been a big deal to add them automatically.

Don't rush for sunday for me, we're going to start tonight with ours anyway, so hopefully the current version will work ok for us.
griffeyin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #44
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Update uploaded.

Version 1.0.5

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #45
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Is the 'bank account' feature hard coded or can we not use that?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #46
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

can i update to this version without losing the 2 days of bidding we've done, or should I or do I have to stick it out with the first one for now?
griffeyin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #47
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
can i update to this version without losing the 2 days of bidding we've done, or should I or do I have to stick it out with the first one for now?
Sure. Do this...

1. Unpack the contents of faAuction 1.0.5 on your computer.
2. Find and delete the "faauctionTABLES.sql.gz".
3. Download this file: parametersTABLE.sql.zip
4. In phpMyAdmin, browse to your database and drop the table "parameters"
5. Then import the above file into the database. This will give you an updated parameters table
6. Upload all of the php files and folders to your website, overwriting all of the existing pages.
7. Login to the Administrator Control Panel and go to "Settings" and re-input your League information and save. If you have a big list of rules, you might want to copy and paste them somewhere before you begin the update. Then you can just paste them back in at this step.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #48
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
Is the 'bank account' feature hard coded or can we not use that?
Perhaps my choice of words was not so good. There is no "bank account" feature. What I meant was that the administrator has the ability to input an amount of money he is planning on allowing each team to spend. The tool will then prevent overspending, or having more money on free agents' tables than he has, based on that number input by the admin. If you wish to have no limits, simply input an astronomical number for each team.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #49
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

I have this set up and it was working during testing, but now only one team can make a bid and they can only make one.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #50
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have this set up and it was working during testing, but now only one team can make a bid and they can only make one.
Replied to Cooleyvol's email. This had to do with the league minimum I had hard-coded in as 300k and teams with less that to spend were blocked from bidding. Will make this an adjustable setting in the next release.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #51
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Something else that would be useful would be a watch list for guys you want to keep tabs on, but have not bid on presently.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #52
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Something else that would be useful would be a watch list for guys you want to keep tabs on, but have not bid on presently.
That would be easy to do. So noted. Right now I'm working on a project that has been taking up most of my time over the last few months. Beta testing should start shortly so I will also dedicate apt amount of time to that as well, so I think I will not actually be able to release 2.0 until sometime around mid-June. I have many things planned for it though, including a whole new look that might make navigating easier as well as some new things that will become options that will help it become more customizable.

As a side note, I have spoken to fhomess about the possibility of him adopting my little app into StatsLab. He is looking into it so this is definitely positive news for online leagues like mine and yours.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #53
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post
that would be easy to do. So noted. Right now i'm working on a project that has been taking up most of my time over the last few months. Beta testing should start shortly so i will also dedicate apt amount of time to that as well, so i think i will not actually be able to release 2.0 until sometime around mid-june. I have many things planned for it though, including a whole new look that might make navigating easier as well as some new things that will become options that will help it become more customizable.

as a side note, i have spoken to fhomess about the possibility of him adopting my little app into statslab. He is looking into it so this is definitely positive news for online leagues like mine and yours.

woot!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #54
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post
As a side note, I have spoken to fhomess about the possibility of him adopting my little app into StatsLab. He is looking into it so this is definitely positive news for online leagues like mine and yours.
Fidel,
PM me sometime. I have thoughts about all three of our mods I want to share. Could make life a lot easier for all of us.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #55
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

A text dump from the signed contracts page would be nice for easier inclusion into league news.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #56
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A text dump from the signed contracts page would be nice for easier inclusion into league news.
Not sure I follow exactly. What might a text dump provide that copy and paste does not?

Old 07-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #57
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

A text box on each player's bid screen would be a great addition. It would allow detailed notes about that player such as why bids were invalid and such.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #58
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

As per Cooleyvol's request, added email notification for players that you are in the bidding for. Whenever you or someone else makes a bid or counter-bid on a player you are in the bidding for, you will receive an email notification(as long as you have updated your profile to include your email address).

Latest version: 1.0.6

Download version 1.0.6 HERE.

If you are already running a previous version and would like to update, follow these instructions:

1. After downloading faauction 1.0.6, extract the zipfile on your hard drive
2. Open the folder "faauction" and look for the following files:

bidentered.php
newbid.php
login.php
profileupdate.php

...and FTP upload them into the "faauction" directory on your server.

3. Open the folder "faauction/admin" and look for the following files:

adminbidentered.php
adminlogin.php
adminnewbid.php
edituser.php
settings.php
usermanager.php

...and upload them to "faauction/admin" on your server.

4. login to your phpMyAdmin and select your faauction database. Then select the "SQL" tab and run the following query to add the field for users' email addresses...

Code:
ALTER  TABLE  `users`  ADD  `email` VARCHAR( 50  )  NOT  NULL
5. Login to faauction and check to see that it shows 1.0.6 as the version. Email notifications will be sent to all teams(users) that have or place a bid on a particular player.

Also, I changed the manage users page to show a minimum of 30 teams, instead of only 10. Some other small bugs were fixed as well such as administrator status getting knocked to "registered" when editing available $$ in the admin area.

Last edited by f.montoya; 10-08-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #59
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Fidel, I can't express my thanks enough for this addition! The British Baseball Society is forever indebted to you.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #60
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Thought of a couple additions that would be nice as we are using this app for the third time in our league.

1) Some way to delete all FA with no bids on them once the intent period is met. I don't allow first bids after the intent period. If I could just get rid of those players, I wouldn't have to police that at all.

2) On the Bidwatch screen, could we get a column showing how many bids have been placed on each player?

BTW, thanks again for the email function. Its working great!