Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #21
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
The file on Padresfan site is a .rar. So I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "Open it up" - what application opens a .rar file?
Winzip, winrar and 7zip all should be able to extract rar files.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #22
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysok View Post
I just emailed this over to Padresfan. I'm about 99% sure that it will work fine. Let me know if anything is screwy.
Do you know if there is a problem with OOTP's export? Player names that have special characters are all screwy...I know it wasn't like that with previous verisions?

Please let me know if its just me seeing this.
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #23
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkonisback View Post
Do you know if there is a problem with OOTP's export? Player names that have special characters are all screwy...I know it wasn't like that with previous verisions?

Please let me know if its just me seeing this.

I have seen this with some other apps and ootpx (not tysok's app), so I think it is likely how ootpx is exporting names with special characters in them.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #24
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I have seen this with some other apps and ootpx (not tysok's app), so I think it is likely how ootpx is exporting names with special characters in them.
Does anyone know if this is going to get fixed?? I mean, none of the other OOTPs exported like this?

It baffles me...hopefully this is getting worked on, it is really annoying.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #25
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkonisback View Post
Does anyone know if this is going to get fixed?? I mean, none of the other OOTPs exported like this?

It baffles me...hopefully this is getting worked on, it is really annoying.
It is logged as BZ3301, no idea how hard of a fix or when it might be fixed though.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #26
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
It is logged as BZ3301, no idea how hard of a fix or when it might be fixed though.
Cool, thanks for the info dude..I just finished searching for something on it in the forums but came up empty. I'm glad that its at least been logged. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to fix...seems like it would be quick..but I don't know for sure.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #27
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

can't wait to get home and check it out...thanks
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #28
native son
Minors (Double A)

So far, working quite nicely!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #29
Kemp
All Star Starter

I tried this utility but seem to be having a problem. It looks like the Players_game_pitching_stats and Players_game_batting tables are not populating.

Anyone else having this problem?
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #30
locust9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Would love to use this but am on a mac.. has anyone had any luck getting this db to work in openoffice? Or can it be exported in a format that's usable?

Tx!
locust9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #31
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
I tried this utility but seem to be having a problem. It looks like the Players_game_pitching_stats and Players_game_batting tables are not populating.

Anyone else having this problem?
Are you sure you're exporting those csv files from OOTP?
When are you exporting the data? At some point OOTP empties those so it can begin populating the new season.

As a side note, OOTP also deletes from those files any player who has retired. So the data in that file doesn't always match what happened, if you had a guy pitch and win 15 games and then retire, that csv file when completely tallied for stats would end up 15 wins short of the season totals in the career file. Kind of odd.
That has no bearing on your problem here, but thought I would throw that out. That's why the best time to compile Win Shares would be the last day of the season, when the World Series has been decided but before that final WS day has been simmed to history.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #32
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by locust9 View Post
Would love to use this but am on a mac.. has anyone had any luck getting this db to work in openoffice? Or can it be exported in a format that's usable?

Tx!
Open office doesn't import the queries necessary to run it. You'll have the forms and the tables but everything that makes it work is left out. Very odd in my opinion.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
Old 07-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #33
locust9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Dang, it's getting so i'm seriously thinking of reinstalling ootp 6 so i can get catobase...

I am so desperate to get some winshares action and there's nothin to do! Aiigh! Help!
locust9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #34
koohead
Hall Of Famer

is there a way to filter the Win Shares display by year by position? As in for 2009 I want to see only catchers, and then sort on the Fielding Win Shares column. Figured this would be a nice way to select my Gold Glove award winners.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #35
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
is there a way to filter the Win Shares display by year by position? As in for 2009 I want to see only catchers, and then sort on the Fielding Win Shares column. Figured this would be a nice way to select my Gold Glove award winners.
Nothing straightforward it would seem.
You can get there in a round about way though.
From the main choices choose view player win shares - all time
From there choose to filter fielding by position.
Choose the position and then you can scroll down until you see the top number for that year. Can't really see what team they're with though... wouldn't be simple.

I'm working on something else right now, but will see about adding such a thing into this though.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #36
koohead
Hall Of Famer

oh cool. neat trick. thanks for the tip.
Love the utility Tysok. Thank you very much for all of your work on it.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #37
Fardaza
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Red face

errrmmmm. Sounds like a cool app....

What's a Win Share?

Fardaza
Fardaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #38
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Problem with latest patch?

I just updated to the latest patch (patch 4, version .31) and updated the db as I normally would but seem to have lost all pitcher data as well as the hitters Ink scores...anyone else run into this?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #39
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
I just updated to the latest patch (patch 4, version .31) and updated the db as I normally would but seem to have lost all pitcher data as well as the hitters Ink scores...anyone else run into this?
I should be be updating within a few days, I will let you know.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #40
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

happened to me as well...any thoughts Tysok?
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote