Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #41
t_wil1
Hall Of Famer

I dont plan on zipping them.... 31 divisions with a minimum of 6 teams per division....

If there is any request... I would post them here.
t_wil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #42
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_wil1 View Post
I have made fictional logos caps and uniforms for D-1. If you would like for me to post. please let me know what you need.

Note, For divisions that have odd number of teams. I did drop one team
Definitely! We've got a couple of people already putting together logo sets (see the thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ege-logos.html) but there's no reason we can't include another set as an option. Plus, no one is working on ballcaps or jerseys yet, and I'd love to include them!
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #43
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzamba View Post
Could the moderators please move this thread over to the main folder of the "OOTP 10 - Mods" section?
Done.

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
CommishJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #44
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

If anyone has questions/feedback about graphics (logos/caps/uni's) for this project, or has specific files to share, please post them in the following thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ege-logos.html

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #45
kevrock
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure if this would spark your interest or not, but I'm gonna try utilizing free agency when I set up financials to try and simulate recruiting. I'm not sure how or if it will work and it obvious won't be as realistic or in-depth as it is in other college sims, but I'd love to get your input if that's an aspect of this that might interest you.
I'd love to see how you set this up.

I just purchased OOTP10. I'm a huge fan of college baseball and MLB -- I wish that there was recruiting included in this game!
kevrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #46
ricobrown
Minors (Double A)

When do u think youll have a feeder league with this setup, I have done a division 1 feeder with a 50 team high school feeder also but i would like to have one setup with all the college teams you were including to go with my world setup.
ricobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #47
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

I'm loading this now....really looking forward to it....particularly if you can get it to work as a feeder system!
American_Ernesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #48
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

Quick question -- I loaded one of the templates and it set to an inaugural draft. Unfortunately, it scouts after each pick from my team and after the CPU completed it's picks.

Anyway around this?
American_Ernesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #49
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricobrown View Post
When do u think youll have a feeder league with this setup, I have done a division 1 feeder with a 50 team high school feeder also but i would like to have one setup with all the college teams you were including to go with my world setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Ernesider View Post
I'm loading this now....really looking forward to it....particularly if you can get it to work as a feeder system!
Since there's so much interest in the feeder version, I've decided to suspend work on the standalone version for now and focus on setting this universe up as a feeder league.

I'm in the process of testing a setup that I think might be a workable "best of both worlds" (standalone/feeder) configuration. I'll be posting a new thread once I've finished testing and can provide some more info.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #50
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Ernesider View Post
Quick question -- I loaded one of the templates and it set to an inaugural draft. Unfortunately, it scouts after each pick from my team and after the CPU completed it's picks.

Anyway around this?
Sorry, that was probably my fault. When you set up a new league using a template, it asks if you want to hold an inaugural draft. By default, this option is checked, so I have to remember to uncheck it each time I set up a league. Apparently, I neglected to do this for one of the leagues. My bad!

Off the top of my head, I think the best workaround would be to delete the league in question and re-add it. Here's how I'd go about it: After deleting the specific league, go to the Game menu and select "Load Saved Game". Choose the league file where the draft took place. Once it loads, return to the Game menu, select Game Setup, then League Setup, then Options (or maybe Rules.. I forget) and there should be a checkbox at the top labeled "Hold Draft". Assuming this is checked, uncheck it. Then click the Templates button at the bottom left and select "Save as Template" (giving it the same name as its league file.) Finally, re-load the league file of the universe you're adding it to, go to Game->Game Menu->League Setup, click Templates, select "Load Template", and choose the template you just altered. This should fix the problem. If not, you may have to delete all the drafted players and re-stock the league using the "Fill league with Fictional Players" function. Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #51
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone successfully created a universe that contains each of the individual leagues included in my Complete College Baseball set? I can't seem to get more than 5 leagues into a single universe. I can get the NCAA Divs. I-III, plus the NAIA and NCCAA, but once I add the USCAA, the game crashes when I try loading it up the next time. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem--which would suggest a corrupt file--or if it's just an issue with my pathetic excuse for a computer.

And btw, if anyone does have a universe with all 15 leagues, could you please PM me? Thanks.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #52
gord
Major Leagues

In the DII quickstart, you have Anderson (SC) College in the South Atlantic Conference when they should be in Conference Carolinas.
gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #53
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gord View Post
In the DII quickstart, you have Anderson (SC) College in the South Atlantic Conference when they should be in Conference Carolinas.
I believe this is one of those cases where the school has announced that they are switching conferences in the near future. If you have information to the contrary, please let me know and I'll move them back to Conference Carolinas.

With all the schools that are either changing conference affiliations, moving up or down divisions, and switching leagues within the next few years, I went ahead and placed teams where they're expected to be by about 2012. Given the varying stages of transition programs go through, plus the need for OOTP leagues to be balanced, I decided this would be simpler.

However, if you'd like alignments to be accurate as of 2009, you can always use the "Edit League Structure" function to move teams around. Just remember that you need to have an even number of teams in a sub-league AND the same number of divisions (conferences) in each sub-league.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #54
gord
Major Leagues

Quote:
I believe this is one of those cases where the school has announced that they are switching conferences in the near future. If you have information to the contrary, please let me know and I'll move them back to Conference Carolinas.

With all the schools that are either changing conference affiliations, moving up or down divisions, and switching leagues within the next few years, I went ahead and placed teams where they're expected to be by about 2012. Given the varying stages of transition programs go through, plus the need for OOTP leagues to be balanced, I decided this would be simpler.

However, if you'd like alignments to be accurate as of 2009, you can always use the "Edit League Structure" function to move teams around. Just remember that you need to have an even number of teams in a sub-league AND the same number of divisions (conferences) in each sub-league.
Ah - spot on then.
gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #55
brewdog
Minors (Triple A)

I've downloaded and going to look at these leagues. I just wanted to say ahead of time thanks for all the effort your putting into this. And if you need help with anything I'm available for contributions.
brewdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #56
tkirch
Minors (Double A)

How is this coming along, have not heard anything in awhile
tkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #57
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

I would like to first thank Muzamba once again for all of his work that he put into the file/quickstart. Everything is great and it was his help and ideas that have led me to the creation of my own miniature version of his file.

While I can not speak for Muzamba or what he might be adding/tweaking, I am working on a league with 12 College Conference Feeder Leagues (Yes, much smaller than Muzamaba's)[Also included are real-life jerseys that I created] + a 20 team High-School All-Star Summer Classic-ish feeder league. I have simmed 20 years and feel the results are appropriate. I have input the first 3 rounds worth of players of the 2009 MLB draft and am in the process of continuing to put more and more players in.

I hope to share this with everyone at a point later in time.

Thank you and thanks again Muzamba!

Last edited by Tiesenberg; 07-17-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:26 AM   #58
timmermac
Major Leagues

How is this project going? I'm looking for a feeder league setup that I can plug into a historical league that starts in 1901 that I want to run.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #59
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

I want to apologize for not providing any updates over the past few months.

Truth is, I decided to shelve this project temporarily for a number of reasons. Most of the blame lies squarely on my shoulders as a combination of "real life" issues, frustration, and burn-out/fatigue got the better of me. (I am a very compulsive person by nature, so I tend to work feverishly on a project for long periods at a time, then set it aside and have nothing to do with it for a while thereafter.)

While I may feel somewhat recharged at this point, a lot of the frustration that caused me to initially sideline this project remains.

First, my clunkputer was crashing every time I tried loading up all the college leagues into one universe, so I never got to sufficiently test it out.

Plus, the more I worked on this project, the more I realized just how incomplete (to put it nicely) the feeder system is. Many people were asking for a feeder league version of my set-up, which I very much wanted to provide, as I ultimately wanted one myself. Unfortunately, I could never figure out an ideal--or at least (IMO) an acceptable--way to configure it to make it function realistically.

And then the logo project seemed to just fizzle out. At one point, there were 4 or 5 people working on logos and jerseys and such, but I think either real life intervened or they simply began to lose interest... not that I can blame them. Editing over 1700 logos is no easy task and I kinda suspected we wouldn't get too far on it.

Of course, it never helps when you've put countless hours into a project only to have a large portion of it go for naught. This essentially happened to me when I realized that a world template does not save locations. So those 1700 or so cities I entered for each college just--POOF!--disappeared.

Oh, and then when I decided I'd give this project a rest and relax by working on my fictional league, I painfully discovered about a dozen other annoying bugs, limitations, and design flaws with OOTP that I wasn't aware of because I hadn't actually sat down and played OOTP for several years. (I usually know going into a new version that it doesn't yet have the features I'm looking for, so I faithfully plunk down my ~$30 to support the franchise, knowing I probably won't be actually playing it more than a couple times.)

So, umm, yeah...

Anyway...

I'm still torn as to the best way to proceed with this project.

I figure I can either just keep plugging along, entering new info and working on logos and the other peripherals as I'm able or inclined, or I can just set this project on the back burner until the feeder issues can be resolved, hopefully by the next version.

Overall, I'm not sure if there is a great enough interest in this project to keep it going, and honestly, I'm going to need help if I'm to even be able to get the framework done.

So the bottom line is, I'm not really certain as to the next step here, but I appreciate any support, moral or otherwise, people are willing to offer.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #60
arca
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hey muzamba no lost interest to your post for me. i started collect ncaa div 1 coach picture (i have a half) and continue to work on project logo. I started High school project with real name school according to maxpreps ranking and have an excel table with 500 school (color, nicknam, coach...). I will post i hope soon some more things.
arca is offline   Reply With Quote