Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #21
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitzk749 View Post
any help on where to put the specified folder? having a problem
Start by locating your "My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\database" folder.

Before proceeding, I strongly recommend that you back up the following files in your "database" folder:

cities.txt
ethnicities.txt
first_names.txt
names.txt
nations.txt

Also, back up your "nation_flags" folder.

Then take the 5 files from your unzipped "CCB database revisions" folder, plus the "nation_flags" folder, and place them into your "database" folder.

Next, take the 16 .lg files out of the unzipped "CCB saved leagues" folder and copy them into your "My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_leagues" folder.

Finally, take the 16 .wtp files out of the unzipped "CCB world templates" folder and copy them into your "My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\world_templates" folder.

Btw, it's not necessary to use both the saved league files AND the world template files. I just provided the league files as an optional means of setting this up.
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #22
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

I have downloaded the file and I am in the process of checking out the Canadian league.
I am going to manage the Toronto Varsity Blues for my first trial run. I think that this could be a lot of fun. Thanks very much for all your hard work!
ootp3to6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #23
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDirty View Post
I've loaded it...am testing some things out. For instance you had finances turned off? How would that work? I playing with having it set to finances on and 5 years 'til free agency. That way whatever value contract you sign them to intially, they will automatically renew at that level until they are out of the league.

So far though, the leagues look good
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to handle financials. I would at least like to set some basic fields like market size to help insure that the elite teams continue to play at a high level.

In the meantime, I just figured I'd leave financials turned off for the beta release and allow you guys to set up and try out various financial configurations to see what works the most effectively.

So please continue to post progress reports here so we can get an active discussion going on what seems to be working and what doesn't seem to be working as well.

Last edited by Muzamba; 06-02-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #24
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWillis21 View Post
I know this info is out there somewhere but I haven't done this in a long time and I would like to test out this mod before OOTP X is released. Can someone give me some step by step instructions in installing this?
Sorry I missed your post. If you haven't figured out how to install this yet, refer to post #21 in this thread. That should give you all the info you need. Feel free to ask if you need any more help.

Hopefully, I'll get around to finishing up the readme file later on tonight.

Plus, I'm planning on releasing v0.2 of the beta sometime during the wee hours tomorrow morning.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #25
muted79
All Star Reserve

turns out the problem was I was not patched up-to-date. Div I now loads fine, testing it out now
muted79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #26
gord
Major Leagues

Sounds and looks promising, although since the biggest draw for me, the ability to recruit, does not exist within OOTP, I probably won't give it a go. But best of luck getting this to work!
gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 AM   #27
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gord View Post
Sounds and looks promising, although since the biggest draw for me, the ability to recruit, does not exist within OOTP, I probably won't give it a go. But best of luck getting this to work!
Well, I'm not sure if this would spark your interest or not, but I'm gonna try utilizing free agency when I set up financials to try and simulate recruiting. I'm not sure how or if it will work and it obvious won't be as realistic or in-depth as it is in other college sims, but I'd love to get your input if that's an aspect of this that might interest you.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #28
bucketsndimes
Major Leagues

Sorry if this has been answered but...can this be used a massive feeder league for a universe that also includes MLB, minors, etc.?

bucketsndimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:25 AM   #29
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketsndimes View Post
Sorry if this has been answered but...can this be used a massive feeder league for a universe that also includes MLB, minors, etc.?
Not yet. I'll be creating a feeder version of this universe shortly. (Plus I'm considering the previously mentioned "juco leagues as feeders for 4-year college leagues" setup too.)
Old 06-03-2009, 04:26 AM   #30
arca
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Congratulations for this universe and all this work. That's very very great. If you need help i have logos for NCAA D3 and NAIA, i'm going to check if i can include them and contact you if it functions
arca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:16 AM   #31
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

excellent work and thanks for doing it!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #32
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzamba View Post
Not yet. I'll be creating a feeder version of this universe shortly. (Plus I'm considering the previously mentioned "juco leagues as feeders for 4-year college leagues" setup too.)
This really is a fantastic effort, Muzamba- thanks for taking the time to go through all this. I, too, will be eagerly awating some form of a feeder league version of this set-up....Though, if I am not mistaken, won't you have to wait until v10 comes out to attach this as a feeder to the MLB universe? I have never been able to figure out how to attach a feeder league to a universe other than doing so directly, as OOTP will not let you designate a sub-league as a feeder after creation.
NomarHits400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #33
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomarHits400 View Post
This really is a fantastic effort, Muzamba- thanks for taking the time to go through all this. I, too, will be eagerly awating some form of a feeder league version of this set-up....Though, if I am not mistaken, won't you have to wait until v10 comes out to attach this as a feeder to the MLB universe? I have never been able to figure out how to attach a feeder league to a universe other than doing so directly, as OOTP will not let you designate a sub-league as a feeder after creation.
I'm just now getting ready to install v10, so we'll see if that makes the process easier, although I don't recall hearing anything about any changes with the feeder system.

I do have a plan to set up feeders, although it will be a rather tedious process. I'll try it out as soon as I get everything polished on the standalone version and let you know how/if it works.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #34
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzamba View Post
I'm just now getting ready to install v10, so we'll see if that makes the process easier, although I don't recall hearing anything about any changes with the feeder system.

I do have a plan to set up feeders, although it will be a rather tedious process. I'll try it out as soon as I get everything polished on the standalone version and let you know how/if it works.
Much appreciated- I look forward to it!
NomarHits400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #35
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Just wanted to give a quick update on this project.

With the release of OOTPX, I wanted to make sure everything was still working. Unfortunately, I had a brief delay involving some necessary skin customizations. But now that I've gotten that resolved, I've been able to test CCB in the new version and so far, so good.

So now it's on to finally readying the second beta release, which I originally expected to have up yesterday morning.

Here's what I'm working on for it:

-editing the weather.txt file to be compatible with my "States-As-Nations" mod
-organizing the school logos (which were all messed up in the initial release)
-updating the readme.txt file

Let me know if there's anything else that needs immediate attention.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #36
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arca View Post
Congratulations for this universe and all this work. That's very very great. If you need help i have logos for NCAA D3 and NAIA, i'm going to check if i can include them and contact you if it functions
How did this work out? If it worked, I'd love to use them. It's gonna be a huge task gathering and editing logos for the rest of these leagues, so anything you can provide would be immensely helpful.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #37
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Could the moderators please move this thread over to the main folder of the "OOTP 10 - Mods" section?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #38
CmfrtblyNumb
Bat Boy

This is great stuff - awesome! I just loaded this into OOTPX and am starting to fool around with it.

Question, though... for someone relative new to the game and still trying to navigate around folders, etc. I'm interested in updating the University of Delaware logo with a Fightin' Blue Hen mascot, but can't seem to find the college logo image files anywhere in the game's file directories.

Can someone please explain where they would be... and how I would go about updating the logo for this or other teams that I'd wish to?

Thanks -

- Clutch
CmfrtblyNumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #39
t_wil1
Hall Of Famer

I have made fictional logos caps and uniforms for D-1. If you would like for me to post. please let me know what you need.

Note, For divisions that have odd number of teams. I did drop one team
t_wil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #40
twinsfan143
Bat Boy

I would love to get those jerseys...I didn't see that as one of the zipped options on your signature link...anyway you could post them here or message me a link to get those?

Thanks!
twinsfan143 is offline   Reply With Quote