Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-22-2008, 05:03 AM   #81
myasu
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Thanks! And thanks for pointing out the error. It's an easy fix, so I'll take care of it shortly. Great first post!!
PadresFan,

Thanks a lot for the parks.dat!
Justafan's ballparks and your parks.dat would be a killer combo to me.

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
myasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #82
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myasu View Post
PadresFan,

Thanks a lot for the parks.dat!
Justafan's ballparks and your parks.dat would be a killer combo to me.
You know that this exists, right? You can grab this Mod file from my website.

Ballparks
The file called: 3D Ballpark photos for every MLB team
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #83
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

padresfan

when i goto add-0n central, i see no available servers. How i get the servers to show up on add-on central again?

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #84
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
padresfan

when i goto add-0n central, i see no available servers. How i get the servers to show up on add-on central again?

thanks
From the first post on this thread...

Instructions for downloading & installing mods from within OOTP9

Note: If you don't see "Padres Fan's OOTP Mods" in the list of available servers, click on Add Server, then enter this string into the dialog box: http://www.jazzrack.us/mods/ootpmods/ootp9.xml. Once you click Save, you should see my server.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #85
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
From the first post on this thread...

Instructions for downloading & installing mods from within OOTP9

Note: If you don't see "Padres Fan's OOTP Mods" in the list of available servers, click on Add Server, then enter this string into the dialog box: http://www.jazzrack.us/mods/ootpmods/ootp9.xml. Once you click Save, you should see my server.
not working after i hit save. I see no server still. Notice the link is long and gets cut off

Probably just going to reinstall ootp 9 again.

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #86
ajkeence99
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
padresfan

thanks
I am having the same problem as well. It won't add the server to the list when I click save.
ajkeence99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #87
ajkeence99
Bat Boy

I am having the same issue with the server not showing up when I click save.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:00 PM   #88
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

well i checked in the game to see if it was maybe a server issue but it seems to be working. i even removed the server from the list then re-added it and it worked fine & i checked the error logs on the server again and it is clear so it doesn't appear to be server related.

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #89
kagnew35
All Star Starter

I just clicked on the reload button, bottom middle and 6 sets of files came up, dl'd all and everything fine.

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:25 PM   #90
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkeence99 View Post
I am having the same issue with the server not showing up when I click save.
Really don't know what the issue could be. I tried fresh installs, and it's working on both my Mac and XP machine. Oh, and it was working before I re-installed as well...
Old 06-22-2008, 11:47 PM   #91
ajkeence99
Bat Boy

Sorry about the double post above there.

I'm not sure either. I don't get a prompt or anything after adding the server. I am not able to view the entire link after I put it in though. It won't scroll to the right for some reason at all. Just goes back to as if I had just loaded the Add On Central option.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:23 AM   #92
J.D.
Bat Boy

I'm having a minor, tiny issue as well. And I'm fairly new at this running an OOTP league thing.

I can't get the logos or photos to post on the online league page. I had the files already loaded when I started the league. They show up on my software, but not on the league web page. What do I need to do?

Thanks!
J.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #93
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Folks - I'll be out of town on business travel for the rest of the week, so while I might browse the boards a bit, I won't be able to do any mod work/posting.

Al
Old 06-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #94
clamel
All Star Starter

Was the weather worked over in this latest park.dat file or is that a separate editing.

Looking at wind out to left 11 mph and 3-4% vhance of rain in Hubert Humphrey Dome ?????

They perhaps got a leak in HH ????

I must add this Q...

Is it in the game that in MacAfee (Oakland) they hit LOTS more FOUL OUT than in "tighter" ballparks
I hope this is what park-adjusted means, and not only in the imported stats.

I haven´t "visited" McAfee or Yankee to see if the game call many more Foul Outs..

If this doesn´t work perhaps the Ball-animation of foul balls must be looked at.

Last edited by clamel; 06-24-2008 at 05:31 PM.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #95
jake44bottoms
Bat Boy

PadresFan,
IM having trouble getting the ballpark images I downloaded from your site to appear in the game. I am not sure how to change the name of the ballpark in order for the files to be read correctly. Can you please give me a detailed how-to to get my bal park images to work? Thank you very much
jake44bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #96
KySteveH
Minors (Triple A)

Man, I really thought I had some of the this figured out, but after loading the all-in-one (both of them, so would that be an all-in-two?), and the Major league parks from Padres site, I have some issues:

1. I now have 30 ML park pictures, and they are assigned to the right teams. I even have somewhat accurate dimensions and park effects. But the minor league parks are not assigned right. One of my minor league teams (Billings) plays at the Billings Grounds, but Dayton plays at Doplhins Stadium. How do I fix that? Is the (non-editable) parks.dat the only way? Furthermore, in order to assign a park to a team, I have to go into commissioner mode, then scroll thru several hundred non-ordered parks to find the one I need. That, can't be right, what am I missing?

2. I have caps and logos, but the colors aren't right, so the jerseys and caps look weird on the players. For example, one of my minors team have yellow in their color set in OOTP, but not in real life. So in OOTP they are wearing yellow shirts. Another team (a SF minors team, I think) has green undershirts to go with red and black unis. What do I have to do to control this?

Let's start with those, to avoid to much confusion.
KySteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:35 AM   #97
GuruB
Minors (Single A)

Typo Found....

First... GREAT Set! But did find one typo in the Park Settings

You have Turner Field with a capacity of 500,000 :>
GuruB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #98
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Was the weather worked over in this latest park.dat file or is that a separate editing.

Looking at wind out to left 11 mph and 3-4% vhance of rain in Hubert Humphrey Dome ?????

They perhaps got a leak in HH ????

I must add this Q...

Is it in the game that in MacAfee (Oakland) they hit LOTS more FOUL OUT than in "tighter" ballparks
I hope this is what park-adjusted means, and not only in the imported stats.

I haven´t "visited" McAfee or Yankee to see if the game call many more Foul Outs..

If this doesn´t work perhaps the Ball-animation of foul balls must be looked at.
I'm assuming that since the game knows HHH is a Dome, that the weather is not a factor. Are you seeing the weather being mentioned in the PbP?

Regarding foul territory in the ballparks, no, this is not in OOTP.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #99
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44bottoms View Post
PadresFan,
IM having trouble getting the ballpark images I downloaded from your site to appear in the game. I am not sure how to change the name of the ballpark in order for the files to be read correctly. Can you please give me a detailed how-to to get my bal park images to work? Thank you very much
From the ReadMe file that comes with the download:

Place the images in your \Documents\Out Of The Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\ballparks folder and place the parks.dat file in your \Documents\Out Of The Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\Saved_Games\<league_name> folder, where <league_name> is the name of your saved league.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #100
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KySteveH View Post
Man, I really thought I had some of the this figured out, but after loading the all-in-one (both of them, so would that be an all-in-two?), and the Major league parks from Padres site, I have some issues:

1. I now have 30 ML park pictures, and they are assigned to the right teams. I even have somewhat accurate dimensions and park effects. But the minor league parks are not assigned right. One of my minor league teams (Billings) plays at the Billings Grounds, but Dayton plays at Doplhins Stadium. How do I fix that? Is the (non-editable) parks.dat the only way? Furthermore, in order to assign a park to a team, I have to go into commissioner mode, then scroll thru several hundred non-ordered parks to find the one I need. That, can't be right, what am I missing?

2. I have caps and logos, but the colors aren't right, so the jerseys and caps look weird on the players. For example, one of my minors team have yellow in their color set in OOTP, but not in real life. So in OOTP they are wearing yellow shirts. Another team (a SF minors team, I think) has green undershirts to go with red and black unis. What do I have to do to control this?

Let's start with those, to avoid to much confusion.
Minor League park assignments are not part of these Mods. You'll have to do this editing yourself if you want that level of realism.

The mod file only gives you accurate uniforms for MLB, AAA and some AA teams. Many minors teams will have the issue you describe, but it's pretty easy to address by using the "Manage Team Colors, Logos, and Textures" screen.