Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 03-31-2007, 11:28 PM   #1
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Gambo DB ver 1.75 coming soon...

I will be updating my database pretty soon with some clean up issues a overlooked in my earlier version. It is basically retweaking some surprisingly unnoticed errors (i wont mention them). I want to do it now before people get too far into their leagues to use it so I hope to get it done asap.

Outisde of cleaning the errors (mostly involving players who played in both the majors and the negro leagues) I also I plan on adding back in the negro leaguers from my previous version (50 or so) and maybe a few other guys. I hope to get this done tomorrow and get it posted to padres site.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
I will be updating my database pretty soon with some clean up issues a overlooked in my earlier version. It is basically retweaking some surprisingly unnoticed errors (i wont mention them). I want to do it now before people get too far into their leagues to use it so I hope to get it done asap.

Outisde of cleaning the errors (mostly involving players who played in both the majors and the negro leagues) I also I plan on adding back in the negro leaguers from my previous version (50 or so) and maybe a few other guys. I hope to get this done tomorrow and get it posted to padres site.
Cool, I'll hold off my league until your update comes...
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
Faaip De Oiad
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
Cool, I'll hold off my league until your update comes...
Are you going to wait for the scout fix to start a league? I would think that issue alone would hold people back. We need that update soon as you cannot go into a new season with your head scout available to do his most important job.
Faaip De Oiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
Jordan
All Star Starter

Sweet. I was pretty bummed when I read that the negro leaguers were out
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Are you going to be including the Personal from those years and also the Minor League teams to?
Old 04-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

It's going a bit slower than i thought. I have the errors fixed but I havent put the negro leaguers in yet.... Sorry for the delay.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 04-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
It's going a bit slower than i thought. I have the errors fixed but I havent put the negro leaguers in yet.... Sorry for the delay.
Sorry for my ignorance, but will you be able to choose if you want to include the Negro League players a historical reply league or no? (if you are doing a straight reply).
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #8
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

will this still only really work with the recalc feature on? i cant stad that feature and just use lahman for now
Old 04-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #9
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, but will you be able to choose if you want to include the Negro League players a historical reply league or no? (if you are doing a straight reply).
Im doing it a little bit differently than the last time. I still have the 50+ players who played in the Negro leagues and the majors coming in at age 21.(For example Roy Campanella and Jackie Robinson import in ~1942). For those players who where 21 after 1947 (Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks) i kept them importing when they joined their major league organizations. What I will probably do is include an alternate master file that can be plugged in which has the negro leaguers ommitted and the players who played in both leagues coming in when they signed with their 1st pro team. All that would have to be changed is the master file debut year. It is not a perfect remedy but it should work just fine.

As for the recalculate feature. You could always use the database without the recalculate feature turned on. However, many players feel that a career average database is better in these instances. I personally can go either way.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #10
307x
Bat Boy

Nevermind.

Last edited by 307x; 04-05-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Idiocy.
307x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #11
Fibonacci
Minors (Triple A)

How is version 1.75 coming along? (I've played around with the demo, and I've got your terriffic facepaks downloaded, as well as some historic stadium photos and logos.) I'm just waiting for this and the first patch to be released before I make the purchase.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #12
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quick update... I will actually be releasin a "pure" fixed version of the database first... basically suited for "historical" leagues. I just have to find the time to fix up the fielding.csv file and get it packed and sent out. (Also, noticed a last minute error which I need to fix).

This will have players who played in the negro leagues importing when they 1st signed with a MLB team and not at 21.

As for the Negro League added players it's just a matter of time before I get that done. I fixed up all the cross-league players and just need to make and merge in the lines for the 50 Negro Leaguers.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
painey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hi gambo, when I used your latest database to create a MLB league I noticed that while alot of the MLB teams were fine and found the logos I added, the Yankees and Angels had incorrect colour schemes (white and cyan, respectively) and as well as those two teams the dodgers and the white sox didnt have their official logos shown while other teams did.
painey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I don't know what to say. The database uses the same team and franchise information as Lahman does.

OOTP MODS:
available at...