Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:44 PM   #1
StarsFan
Bat Boy

No trainers

I just installed the 5.8.70 update. After the June 30/Jul1 year end/start, it seems that the majority of trainers in the game have retired this year and there are zero trainers available to hire as staff in the NHL. Is this an un-intended result of some changes from the recent update?
StarsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:59 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, I can't think of anything in the update that would've had that kind of effect. Checking my test games, there are several dozen free agent trainers available after 10 years of a modern game (although it does appear that there may be an issue with teams not filling trainer spots opened by retirements.) Are you seeing that in a modern game, historical, or fictional?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
StarsFan
Bat Boy

Modern game. Its in Feb 2042. I wound up hiring an assistant coach as a trainer. There are still no trainers as free agents (unless the filter tool is broken..but I've also scrolled down and seen none). Several (6-10) NHL teams are operating without trainers.
StarsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
cutfast
Bat Boy

I am in the same situation. Thankfully my last trainer lasted until he was in his mid 80s. But I am currently in 2063 and trainers do not exist. Last time I looked around '40-'45 The youngest trainer on the market was 94 years old. About a dozen over 100 but less than 1 page of trainers listed at the time. Figured it was a fluke, but since then there has been no trainers.
cutfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:50 PM   #5
toque
Minors (Double A)

I have the same issue. Modern game, in the year 2050. First July 1 since the new update. Every single NHL trainer retired (including mine who that June I had signed to a contract extension) and there are zero free agent trainers.

No issues with any other staff position (scout, coaches, GMs, etc)
toque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:46 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, so it's happening after quite a few years. I'll have to get a test game up to the 20-30 year range and see when exactly it's beginning.

The effect on the teams won't be too bad - if the trainer's missing, the healing of injured players will use a default replacement-level value for the trainer ratings. So slightly slower recovery, but usually not by a large amount.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote