Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

View Poll Results: Are You Happy with FHM3 & Should I Buy It & Why?
Happy 17 58.62%
Not Happy 3 10.34%
Buy It 11 37.93%
Wait til The Discount 12 41.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2016, 05:54 PM   #1
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Are You Happy With FHM3 - Should I Buy it & Why?

I look at the technical issues with FHM3 and while they seem less then FHM2, i am still unsure if i should buy it. I do love hockey and with teh Sox sucking now for the next few years I 'll probably be more into hockey then baseball for while. I have gone to several Wolves games, although all 3 have been vs the Icehogs. Might go to the Winter Classic, if get can tix for cheaper then $200.
Also if i buy it can I load it on 2 PC's? i want one for me and one for my GF's nephew and Brother in law. Dont really want to buy 2 copies just yet.
I plan on doing historical and maybe a redraft of current players.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Also if i buy it can I load it on 2 PC's? i want one for me and one for my GF's nephew and Brother in law. Dont really want to buy 2 copies just yet.
I say buy it for sure, but I'm biased

As to the above, you do get two licenses, just like with OOTP.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:45 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post

As to the above, you do get two licenses, just like with OOTP.
Thought so, wasn't sure.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:18 AM   #4
DFyvie
Major Leagues

It's not ootp. But to me ootp is the best sports sim on so many levels. FHM3 is good though. I didn't bother with the first FHM but went in a bought FHM2 which I thought was good but not really immersive enough for me (very little to do during games if you coach them yourself). FHM3 is a wonderful experience. They overhauled the tactics system which has really changed the game on a dramatic level. If you like hockey, you'll like FHM3.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #5
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

I have basically one issue with last year's version that's holding off on me buying it, I haven't gotten around to asking anyone about the issue yet.

In FHM 2, far too many good players left the NHL to join foreign leagues every season as teams had trouble staying below the salary cap. Is this still considered an issue this year, or is there a realistic number of players leaving the NHL?
Pacoheadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 02:37 PM   #6
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoheadley View Post
I have basically one issue with last year's version that's holding off on me buying it, I haven't gotten around to asking anyone about the issue yet.

In FHM 2, far too many good players left the NHL to join foreign leagues every season as teams had trouble staying below the salary cap. Is this still considered an issue this year, or is there a realistic number of players leaving the NHL?
In my experience, the only players to have bolted regularly are the guys not under NHL contract, but still 'too good' for the AHL. The types of guys who'd get PTOs to training camp and then get cut at the end, or signed and sent down to be injury insurance.

The only 'name' player who has left was Hampus Lindholm in one game, because he was an RFA and in that game the Ducks didn't sign him. In the other 4 games I've played, he signed relatively quickly with the Ducks.

I've even managed to lure some of the bigger name Russians back after a season or two. Kovalchuk signed a 2 year, 8 million deal after his KHL deal expired. That may or may not be possible in real life (the last time it was under public discussion, there was a debate as to whether or not NJ retained his rights, or if he became a free agent. Since he didn't come back to the NHL, it was never finalized)

There are still some quirks to the game, but this one is a huge step up from FHM2. I'd like to see a better pre-season and more personnel flexibility, but those are lower priority changes than actually getting the games working their best.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #7
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

So when is the discount coming??
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:45 PM   #8
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgonius View Post
In my experience, the only players to have bolted regularly are the guys not under NHL contract, but still 'too good' for the AHL. The types of guys who'd get PTOs to training camp and then get cut at the end, or signed and sent down to be injury insurance.

The only 'name' player who has left was Hampus Lindholm in one game, because he was an RFA and in that game the Ducks didn't sign him. In the other 4 games I've played, he signed relatively quickly with the Ducks.

I've even managed to lure some of the bigger name Russians back after a season or two. Kovalchuk signed a 2 year, 8 million deal after his KHL deal expired. That may or may not be possible in real life (the last time it was under public discussion, there was a debate as to whether or not NJ retained his rights, or if he became a free agent. Since he didn't come back to the NHL, it was never finalized)

There are still some quirks to the game, but this one is a huge step up from FHM2. I'd like to see a better pre-season and more personnel flexibility, but those are lower priority changes than actually getting the games working their best.
Thank you for the quick reply. This definitely makes me want to buy this version a lot more.I had a ton of fun with FHM 2, but I lost interest over time because I was too picky about the people leaving, and would take a bunch of time each off-season forcing most of them back to the NHL.
Pacoheadley is offline   Reply With Quote