Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
Windians95
Bat Boy

Newbie Here - League Setup

This is the first time playing this game - love it so far but it is overwhelming at times.
My plan was to setup a fictional league starting in 1920, using 1920 finances, play attributes and have a random computer draft of real player from 1901 to present day. I wanted a mixture of historical and present day players, playing as though it was 1920. It is a fictional league 16 teams 2 divisions and 2 sub-divisions of 4 teams each for a total of 16 teams with 3 minor leagues and 2 feeder leagues. Everything was setup the way I wanted (or so i thought) - I started the game - I like to play the individual games - then I realized all players were fictional with no real players.
Is there a way to re-draft the league using real players? Can I do what I want without re-doing the whole league. Can I actually do what I want? Thanks in advance for any help - I'm sure I will be back later with more questions.
Windians95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windians95 View Post
This is the first time playing this game - love it so far but it is overwhelming at times.
My plan was to setup a fictional league starting in 1920, using 1920 finances, play attributes and have a random computer draft of real player from 1901 to present day. I wanted a mixture of historical and present day players, playing as though it was 1920. It is a fictional league 16 teams 2 divisions and 2 sub-divisions of 4 teams each for a total of 16 teams with 3 minor leagues and 2 feeder leagues. Everything was setup the way I wanted (or so i thought) - I started the game - I like to play the individual games - then I realized all players were fictional with no real players.
Is there a way to re-draft the league using real players? Can I do what I want without re-doing the whole league. Can I actually do what I want? Thanks in advance for any help - I'm sure I will be back later with more questions.
I think you would have to start a historical game with random debut turned on to get what you are looking for

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
Windians95
Bat Boy

Thanks
Windians95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I have no knowledge of feeder leagues and to tell you the truth, I wouldn't even think of using them with historical players. You can easily use the setup you described with random debut. Just pick the historical season you want your league to start in. Select random debut and select 1901 for your minimum and leave maximum blank. Go through the Wizard---make sure you uncheck the box for auto expansion. Once your league is created, you can go to "edit league structure" and edit to your hearts content. If you create your minors during the wizard, remember to edit them as well if you want the same setup as your big league.

REMEMBER TO CREATE OR IMPORT A NEW SCHEDULE TO FIT YOUR LEAGUE.

Again, I want to say, uncheck the box for auto expansion. Real important. If checked all your changes will revert back to the historical setup during your off season.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote