Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 07-31-2012, 02:43 AM   #21
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
What DB are you using? stock 13 DB? or someone like spritz's DB?
If it is stock, Perry would be perrga01 Import year 1962. Don't paste, type. (at least using your mouse) Also on some players you will have to run a rescout on them. Perry never played 1B in his career so I have no clue why he entered as a 1B

Spritze 13

I got the same result with Willie Mays, typing in his ID. He came in as a crappy 1B. No speed, No D and hits like a lefty reliever.

Edit: Facepalm...import year is where I blew it. I left the default - 1901 - which was my debut year. D'Oh!

Last edited by bigMatt; 07-31-2012 at 02:44 AM.
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:09 AM   #22
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMatt View Post
Spritze 13

I got the same result with Willie Mays, typing in his ID. He came in as a crappy 1B. No speed, No D and hits like a lefty reliever.

Edit: Facepalm...import year is where I blew it. I left the default - 1901 - which was my debut year. D'Oh!
I did that mistake with Babe Ruth on OOTP 11. Left import year which was 2000 or so. The Bambino was 121 yrs old. Still hit .150 that yr.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #23
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Okay....next problem...

I started a league in 1900. I filled the rosters with fictional players. I set the roster size to 25/40. I autoplayed the season. I released all of the players to FA and deleted a week before draft pool was revealed. I set the rounds of the draft to 30.

When the draft pool is revealed, I only get somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 players - well short of what I need to fill my team.

I've tried this 3-4 times, setting the roster as unlimited and 40 rounds - still get somewhere between 96 and 110 players.

Any thoughts on what I might possibly be doing wrong?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #24
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay....next problem...

I started a league in 1900. I filled the rosters with fictional players. I set the roster size to 25/40. I autoplayed the season. I released all of the players to FA and deleted a week before draft pool was revealed. I set the rounds of the draft to 30.

When the draft pool is revealed, I only get somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 players - well short of what I need to fill my team.

I've tried this 3-4 times, setting the roster as unlimited and 40 rounds - still get somewhere between 96 and 110 players.

Any thoughts on what I might possibly be doing wrong?
Do you have Import Historical players checked?
Are you displaying all players and not one of say MR, SP, Batter or Pitchers?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you have Import Historical players checked?
Are you displaying all players and not one of say MR, SP, Batter or Pitchers?
It wasn't the display. It was the historical import checked on. I figured that out about 5 minutes ago, and your quick response beat me to the edit button. Thanks again!

With enough restarts, I should be an expert at these settings pretty soon.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #26
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I tried duplicating what you were talking about. 16 teams 25/40. I got 480 players for a 30 round draft.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #27
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that's what I got. Good news - many players. Bad news - now they are all fictional players in draft pool. The only thing I changed - as far as I can tell - is unchecking the import historical players button. argh.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:44 PM   #28
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Okay - I figured out a fix. If you unclick Auto Import Historical Rookies, you WILL get the dreaded fictional bums.

HOWEVER...

If you unclick it, set up your X ROUNDS to whatever you want (30 in my case), then reclick the Auto Import box...voila! You get the right number of players. I wanted 30 for 16 teams and I got 480 players in the pool.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #29
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay - I figured out a fix. If you unclick Auto Import Historical Rookies, you WILL get the dreaded fictional bums.

HOWEVER...

If you unclick it, set up your X ROUNDS to whatever you want (30 in my case), then reclick the Auto Import box...voila! You get the right number of players. I wanted 30 for 16 teams and I got 480 players in the pool.
Aren't they still fictional? There isn't 480 rookies available for 1901.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #30
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Aren't they still fictional? There isn't 480 rookies available for 1901.
I don't think I made clear what I'm doing. I started a league in 1900, filled the teams with fictional players, then scrubbed them at the end of the season. I set up my "rookie" draft with 30 rounds of players randomly culled from historic MLB. This then became my original league draft. What I was trying to do was get around the issue of, say, a Willie Mays coming into the league at 39 years old, and other quality players entering my league at the tail end of their careers. For my initial draft, I used the stock master.csv, so I still got a range of ages for year one, but no one over 33.

The draft worked like a charm, except for one unforeseen downside - the game insisted on a straight draft and would not let me do serpentine, so I had to manually set every even round to balance the draft.

Once the original draft was completed, I replaced the master.csv with Spritze high school DB for next season's rookie draft, so I will get random 17-18 year olds in 1902, and have adjusted the rookie draft to 5 rounds, since most of the players in my league are prime or pre-prime.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #31
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think I made clear what I'm doing. I started a league in 1900, filled the teams with fictional players, then scrubbed them at the end of the season. I set up my "rookie" draft with 30 rounds of players randomly culled from historic MLB. This then became my original league draft. What I was trying to do was get around the issue of, say, a Willie Mays coming into the league at 39 years old, and other quality players entering my league at the tail end of their careers. For my initial draft, I used the stock master.csv, so I still got a range of ages for year one, but no one over 33.

The draft worked like a charm, except for one unforeseen downside - the game insisted on a straight draft and would not let me do serpentine, so I had to manually set every even round to balance the draft.

Once the original draft was completed, I replaced the master.csv with Spritze high school DB for next season's rookie draft, so I will get random 17-18 year olds in 1902, and have adjusted the rookie draft to 5 rounds, since most of the players in my league are prime or pre-prime.
Ok I wasn't sure if you were trying to import 1901 historical rookies, fictional or Random.