Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 05-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

OOTPMods.com Down?

It says Account suspended. It is Account Suspended right? Just making sure I'm trying the correct URL.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Yep appears it's been suspended for some reason.
Most likely exceeded bandwith or something, hopefully it'll be back up soon
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I haven't had much time to be on the forums lately, but hopefully if I post in this thread, some of the mod community will get a chance to read this.

Yes, my account was erroneously suspended after the hosting company attempted to expand the bandwidth allowance and then botched something in its billing system that needed to be updated along with it.

Now the site is broken again because the hosting company decided to do a mass migration of accounts without prior notice. And the technicians managed to wreck the migration, and now OOTPMods.com is broken. I have no idea if or when this may be fixed.

Over the past year, the hosting for OOTPMods.com and some other domains I own has been an absolute disaster. I am suspending service with the current provider and will be migrating everything to a new host. But this is not a simple process. Compatibility is always a potential issue because hosts often run different versions of PHP, MySQL, etc.

I also don't have a lot of extra time to devote to migration, and I'm not a professional web developer. So this is a bigger challenge for me than it is for others.

I have received a good recommendation on hosting from Jazzrack and will probably be moving to that host. I can only hope that we can get the current site fixed soon, because it will need to run on the current host until another host is configured.

I apologize for all the delays in posting files and keeping the site updated in recent weeks. I wish that I had been able to migrate the site well before now, but my time has been limited, and what time I've had keeps getting spent trying to track down support people and resolve new problems that the host keeps causing.

For the record, I can tell you that A2 Hosting, Inc. has provided the worst service and support of any business I have ever encountered on the face of this earth. It would take a lengthy thread on this forum to document the numerous problems that I have had in a mere one year of service. But sites were already developed and traffic was vitally important by the time that I realized that the company was incompetent. I tried working through it for the sake of avoiding migration and not having to start over. But it finally reached a breaking point a few weeks ago.

I have obtained the contact information for the owner of the company and will be writing a personal letter to outline the litany of mistakes and disasters that the company has caused over the past year. I will also be filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau and any other relevant agency that might be able to hold these people accountable for their abysmal performance.

It's something like this that helps me appreciate how well Markus and the OOTP Developments team does despite limited resources. Despite all of the flaws we've all found with OOTP over the years, this game's track record and the level of competent, qualified service to customers is almost unprecedented. If only we could get the same level of commitment from other companies.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #4
uabfan
Minors (Single A)

Yeah, heard nothing but bad about A2. I was with Rackspace for a while and while I can't say the overall service was bad, their response when one of my domains was hacked and used for phishing was puzzling to say the least. I was the one who detected the hack and shut it down. I also discovered it was a Rackspace vulnerability that was exploited. I reported all of this to their support team who responded by shutting down my entire account. 0.o They readily admitted it was their fault that got exploited and that I both detected and shut down the activity...but they had a zero-tolerance policy which, btw, included not giving me any files or DB extracts.

Anyway, it was a blessing in disguise as a friend pointed me to Dreamhost and they have been unfailingly perfect (could have done without their switch to Ajax Explorer for webFTP, but I only use that when I'm away from my home machine so...meh).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
uabfan is offline   Reply With Quote