Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Cras
Hall Of Famer

HoF tool?

May I ask if anyone has developed a tool to calculate who should get inducted into the Hall of Fame which is compatible with v12 of OOTP? The tools that I used back in last years game appear to no longer function with the new version of the game.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
Marinersfan51
All Star Reserve

I have been looking for one and as of yet haven't found it, but it would be wonderful.
Marinersfan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
May I ask if anyone has developed a tool to calculate who should get inducted into the Hall of Fame which is compatible with v12 of OOTP? The tools that I used back in last years game appear to no longer function with the new version of the game.
which app specifically were you using?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #4
Marinersfan51
All Star Reserve

I used lighthousekeeper's utility
Old 07-08-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I use HOF Monitor a spreadsheet file done by a user here last year (sorry I've forgot his name).

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
which app specifically were you using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinersfan51 View Post
I used lighthousekeeper's utility
Same here. Found it perfect for what I needed to to, yet when I tried it after v12 first came out, it was no-go in loading the save game.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
hfield007
All Star Starter

I will post my method tomorrow
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #8
hfield007
All Star Starter

MY HALL OF FAME VOTING METHOD

HOF Voting

All you need is the site random.org and to be able to set up two random integer generators on it. One that ranges 1-6 and another 2-9.

Upon the five year waiting period a player is eligible for his first voting. At that time I assign them a number from 0.5 and above if they are eligible for the hall of fame (10 years of service and I usually limit it myself to those with at least one all-star appearance to get on the ballot) The number is decided as follows. Each stat on the chart gets you a certain number of points. As you can see below a career with say 1378 Runs scored will add 1.0 points and someone who say broke 1841 Runs scores would get 3.0 points.

NOTE: I should mention relievers I cut their initial number in half!

Their hall of fame monitor is based on the Baseball-Reference formula. Now add up all of the points they may have received from their career major league totals. If your league uses pre-1930 settings you may not get accurate results for this particular chart and may use the following guide.

Below are general ideas of how to distribute a number to a player and some examples with each tier.

25 is generally for those who are unquestionably first ballot HoFers (Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson).

20-24 are for those who are most likely a first ballot HoFer but not 100 percent. These are almost guaranteed to make it to the hall the first few years. (Lou Brock, Robin Yount, Carlton Fisk)

15-19 are for those who led an illustrious career and can gain at least half the vote on the first ballot. More than likely they will eventually get in. (Ryne Sandberg, Juan Marichal, Robin Roberts, Catfish Hunter)

10-14 are used for borderline Hall of famers. These have a good chance to either make it one day or just end up completely missing it. Still the hall favors this group and are more than likely to get in on a late try. But it's not a guarantee (Steve Garvey, Pee Wee Reese, Enos Slaughter, Andre Dawson)

5-9 Used for players who have a less favorable chance but still had a memorable career. Usually a multiple time all-star who has a shot at the hall someday. (Alan Trammel, Don Mattingly, Bill Mazeroski, Ken Boyer, Gil Hodges, Roger Maris)

0-4 Usually for those will make it on the ballot but either not make the 5% cut or eventually be cut, or sit between 5-20% for 15 years. Very slim shot of ever seeing the hall. (Curt Flood, Dave Concepcion, Thurman Munson)

Whichever way you chose to assign the first number to a player you now are at the following step.

I take these numbers and and roll that amount of times using the 1-6 number generator to get there first ballots percentage of votes. Results can be seen below. If a player has a 0.5 it is half of the number you get. TO BE CLEAR, the number you assign to a player is how many times you did the 1-6 number generator for their first ballot. If someone had 5 points based off of the charts or guide you generate 5 numbers from the 1-6 generator and add them up.

Keep these percentages handy as you will use them again for those who fail to make the hall.

When next season rolls around these percentages are a base for these players votes for there second season. You will generate ONE number from the 2-9 generator to see how much you will add to the percentage, then click the 1-6 generator to see how much to take off their percentage. Most players gain votes every year they are on the ballot which is why the Positive die is bigger than the negative.

If the positive die is a 7 and the negative die a 2, then the player gains 5%

If the positive die is a 0 and the negative a 6, then the player loses 6% of his vote.

If a player drops below 5% of the vote he may not be voted on again. A player also has a maximum of fifteen years on the ballot.

NOTES

Anything 25 and above from the inital points is basically a guarantee the first year or second. Anyone receiving at least 10.0 points from the initial guide has a legitimate shot at making it and should splash in with around a 35% first ballot and will usually end up between 45% and making the hall of fame. Below 10.0 points for the initial ballot and likely the player will never even near 60% of the vote (And 60% would require a ton of lucky number generators.)

EXAMPLE BELOW

I will randomly choose 17 former all stars for a mock ballot. Also next to them I will show the initial point total they got based off of their career stats and using my guide shown above in the picture.

Rod Carew - 22.0
Steve Garvey - 11.0
George Brett - 21.5
Rocky Colavito - 5.0
Ron Santo - 7.0
Steve Sax - 3.5
Don Mattingly - 10.0
Tony Gwynn - 23.5
Jeff Bagwell - 15.5
Dolph Camilli - 2.5
Luke Appling - 11.0
Whitey Ford - 17.0
Bob Lemon - 6.0
Tom Seaver - 24.0
Jim Kaat - 9.0
Greg Maddux - 23.0
Bert Blyleven - 11.0

Above you will see how many initial points each player received based on the chart guide above. Now we will take these numbers and generate that many numbers using a 1-6 random number generator. Below are the results.

Tony Gwynn - 86%
Greg Maddux - 81%
Tom Seaver - 78%
George Brett - 77.5%
-------------------
Rod Carew - 72%
Whitey Ford - 62%
Jeff Bagwell - 55%
Luke Appling - 47%
Steve Garvey - 42%
Bert Blyleven - 41%
Don Mattingly - 32%
Jim Kaat - 32%
Ron Santo - 25%
Bob Lemon - 20%
Rocky Colavito - 17%
Dolph Camilli - 12%
Steve Sax - 6%

As you can see 4 of the players made the hall of fame on the initial ballot. 13 others remain ranging from 6-72 percent.

Below is the new ballot for the next fictional season.

Rod Carew - 72%
Whitey Ford - 62%
Jeff Bagwell - 55%
Luke Appling - 47%
Steve Garvey - 42%
Bert Blyleven - 41%
Don Mattingly - 32%
Jim Kaat - 32%
Ron Santo - 25%
Bob Lemon - 20%
Rocky Colavito - 17%
Dolph Camilli - 12%
Steve Sax - 6%

Using these as a base number I then use the random number generator (2-9) to see how much I add to each percentage. Then I use the other number generator (1-6) to see how much i minus from each percentage. A positive 7 results and a negative 3 result would equal a 4% increase in votes from the previous year. Below are the results of the second year's ballot.

Rod Carew - 72%
Whitey Ford - 65%
Jeff Bagwell - 57%
Luke Appling - 51%
Bert Blyleven - 42%
Steve Garvey - 41%
Don Mattingly - 33%
Ron Santo - 33%
Jim Kaat - 31%
Rocky Colavito - 25%
Bob Lemon - 22%
Dolph Camilli - 12%
Steve Sax - 5%

As you can see Carew's percentage stood still and no new members were added from this bunch. (75% is needed). Also you see Steve Sax is on the brink of being off the ballot having lost 1% being brought to the 5% minimum needed to stay on. Also You can see Santo and Colavito both had big 8% jumps.

Below I will show the FINAL result for each player after 15 years of them on the ballot finishes. I will show their final voting percentage and what year they were inducted if they made it to the hall and the difference between their final and initial %.

Rod Carew - 78%, 4th year, +6%
Whitey Ford - 78%, 8th year, +16%
Jeff Bagwell - 76%, 5th year, +21%
Luke Appling - 78%, 11th year, +31%
Bert Blyleven - 77%, 13th year, +36%
Steve Garvey - 75%, 11th year, +33%
Don Mattingly - 62%, NO, +30%
Ron Santo - 68%, NO, +43%
Jim Kaat - 35%, NO, +3%
Rocky Colavito - 47%, NO, +30%
Bob Lemon - 62%, NO, +42%
Dolph Camilli - 55%, NO, +43%
Steve Sax - 15%, NO, +9%

In the end 10 of the 17 in my fictional ballot made it to the hall of fame. In real life 8 of them are, Maddux will more then likely make that 9 and Bagwell has a good chance of making it 10 which would be consistent with the real life inductees. You will get wildcards like Santo receving 43% to his original score but for the most part this method is in line with real life. I did an entire hall of fame using real life stats, retirement years, etc. using my method and it turned out very realistic and great in the end.

Last edited by hfield007; 07-12-2011 at 01:51 PM.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
Marinersfan51
All Star Reserve

Does anyone have a good way to find the hall eligible players. I go through the transaction logs at the end of each season but it takes forever. Has anyone found a better way? By the way hfield that is a great system.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
daveawrit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinersfan51 View Post
Does anyone have a good way to find the hall eligible players. I go through the transaction logs at the end of each season but it takes forever. Has anyone found a better way? By the way hfield that is a great system.
This is a good question, and the reason I liked lighthousekeeper's utility so much (unfortunately, he said in that thread he is not getting OOTP12 so he cannot update it ).

Creating formulas and what not is easy, it's getting all the players into the table after 30 years of simming that is difficult

(Someone should buy OOTP12 for lighthousekeeper so he can update the companion, lol)
daveawrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveawrit View Post
This is a good question, and the reason I liked lighthousekeeper's utility so much (unfortunately, he said in that thread he is not getting OOTP12 so he cannot update it ).

Creating formulas and what not is easy, it's getting all the players into the table after 30 years of simming that is difficult

(Someone should buy OOTP12 for lighthousekeeper so he can update the companion, lol)
Statslab does all of this in OOTP 12. Unfortunately it takes quite a bit of effort to do it on a single player league. I do it personally but I was willing to purchase a $3/month hosting site so I could use cpanel and mysql databases. If you are willing to do the same, it will take care of all of these things (and a ton of other cool things).