Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
Getch
All Star Reserve

My utilities + issues with Firefox

I finally got to the root of the issues with some of my utilities and issues with text being displayed by Firefox or Netscape. Basically, stupid typo on my part, I believe. Not sure why it worked in some cases and not in others.

Anyway, you can grab the new utils at ootpmodsquad (links in my sig). All you need is to update the .html files on your site.

Let me know if there are any issues.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Well, the development util still doesn't work for me. I now get past the genDev.html page, but it doesn't redirect me correctly to the development page.

It tries to redirect me to:
http://$info{site}/$info%7BSCRIPTS%7D/development.html

Instead of to the correct website address. If I manually redirect to the correct development.html page, then it gives me the same unprocessed view of the php that I got with genDev.html prior to your changes here.

I also found that it doesn't generate/update the development directory with all the *.txt files for each player.

I can run the utility from unix and that does generate the individual player.txt files. I'm guessing this is a permission's issue, but I believe I've given 777 permissions to all the HTML and TXT files/directories involved. At least, as far as I can tell, I have.

I get these problems regardless if I use IE or Firefox.

Last edited by fhomess; 07-08-2007 at 03:32 PM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Well, the development util still doesn't work for me...
I took a quick peek at your site. It looks like the cgi-bin directory is not set up to be cgi enabled. You have to tell your web server that you want the cgi-bin directory to be cgi enabled, otherwise it will just spit back the text of the file.

Each web server is different, but you can probably find it googling for "enable cgi" and your web server. If someone is hosting your site, then you might have to talk to them about setting up a cgi enabled directory.

Let me know how it works out.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Well, after some more investigation, it turns out that cgi is enabled by default, but the file access needed to be limited to only the admin user. In addition, changing the .html files to .cgi needed to happen. So now it works! Yay!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
In addition, changing the .html files to .cgi needed to happen. So now it works! Yay!
Funny, I moved them to .html because someone complained that Firefox wouldn't display .cgi properly. This is why I don't do web design.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #6
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Funny, I moved them to .html because someone complained that Firefox wouldn't display .cgi properly. This is why I don't do web design.
I haven't tested it yet in Firefox, so we'll see, but that is kind of funny.

For those that want/need to do this, you do have to edit the genDev file to point to development.cgi instead of development.html. It's pretty easy in a basic text editor.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
Getch
All Star Reserve

Upon further investigation, I think it is a setting in your webserver. I think it is set to handle .cgi files as scripts, and .html as pure HTML files. Definitely not a Firefox issue as IE has the same problem.

Also, if you do change .html to .cgi, you'll need to change every reference of .html in the code to .cgi, not just the names of the files. But again, I think it is a web server setting.