Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - In-Game Text and PbP Commentary
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2020, 11:00 PM   #1
fredbeene
All Star Starter

In game sounds mods???

I think OOTPB does a great job with ambient sounds.....
There is even a way to add them to be ballpark specific.

I am surprised there are no mods!!
Anyone have any to get us going??
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:12 PM   #2
twins_34
All Star Reserve

Yes, in game
settings, edit ballpark, sounds, click on open park sounds folder

if there is not one it will ask you to create one.
From there you can go into your file folder and add and delete whatever files you want. They MUST be in ogg format.

If you want to do walk up sounds, you make a file of the players name like
Kirby Puckett.ogg
All Walk-up will be in the original sounds file and not in the stadium files.

you can make oggs in a few different ways, On way is to use audacity program. In windows 10 there is the windows WASAPI in the Audacity app under the pause and play and mic there is a drop down menu it should say MME change that to the WASAPI then you can record sounds off your computer.

Once you have this all set up you an edit your sounds, add echo and delays under the effects and then you can export them as ogg files.

Then follow how the game had the prefixes setup. as long as the sound starts with one of the prefixes they will play in game for your stadium if in your stadium folder.
twins_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:46 AM   #3
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins_34 View Post
Yes, in game
settings, edit ballpark, sounds, click on open park sounds folder

if there is not one it will ask you to create one.
From there you can go into your file folder and add and delete whatever files you want. They MUST be in ogg format.

If you want to do walk up sounds, you make a file of the players name like
Kirby Puckett.ogg
All Walk-up will be in the original sounds file and not in the stadium files.

you can make oggs in a few different ways, On way is to use audacity program. In windows 10 there is the windows WASAPI in the Audacity app under the pause and play and mic there is a drop down menu it should say MME change that to the WASAPI then you can record sounds off your computer.

Once you have this all set up you an edit your sounds, add echo and delays under the effects and then you can export them as ogg files.

Then follow how the game had the prefixes setup. as long as the sound starts with one of the prefixes they will play in game for your stadium if in your stadium folder.
Hey T-,

I've been off the board and game for too long awhile, so forgive me. So long the "Thanks" button is off the board! Anyway, I'm playing catch-up now and hoping to stay involved. Could you elaborate on how this works as I'm confused by THE PREFIX and the rest. I do know what an ogg file is and the Audasity program too.

Thank you.

JP
Old 01-29-2021, 02:22 PM   #4
twins_34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
Hey T-,

I've been off the board and game for too long awhile, so forgive me. So long the "Thanks" button is off the board! Anyway, I'm playing catch-up now and hoping to stay involved. Could you elaborate on how this works as I'm confused by THE PREFIX and the rest. I do know what an ogg file is and the Audasity program too.

Thank you.

JP
Well, they just recently changed the thank you thing because of security reasons. You only missed that by about a month or so.

I am good at making help file type things lol. Been doing it for a long time on games I play so, here is what the prefix things are.

So, in game I highlighted some of the prefix things. Horn, stretch. Now I took my horn and changed them into different homerun calls instead of having the horn. Now anything you change under your stadium will not harm the sounds from the original sound file. You can put whatever you want in for specific.

Now like I also changed my take me out to the ball game. I searched the net and found a great sounding version.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uq6xy...etch1.ogg/file

Then here are my examples of what I changed the horn to under the Metrodome.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dnf1w.../horn.ogg/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/05g2i...horn2.ogg/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/t5ai5...horn3.ogg/file

So, pretty much, anything you name horn will fire off if your stadium is setup with the horn to go off. So naming things like
horn_fog
horn_train
horn1
horn2
horn3
will go off if you hit a homerun or hit a walkoff but the thing is they are all random right now.

You can change any of the sounds in the game by using the different prefixes:
crowd_main
crowd_game
cheer_light
cheer_heavy
boo_light
boo_heavy
catch_ball
bunt
hit_normal
hit_hard
ooh

rally (these are like the charge music or the sounds allowed when players are not in the batters box)
intro - this one I really have no idea what it is for. Its not for player intros I removed them.
out
safe
strike_three
slide
stretch

ambient There are the "popcorn, Lemonade, Beer" ect sounds
foul
anticip
antic_hr
antic_fail
antic_success
home_loud

horn this I explained above

Then you have the fireworks prefixes.

If you add any prefix, before your sound file name, like say you find a great file of the crowd when a ball is hit long and deep you can name that antic_hr1.ogg and save it in your sounds and if you hit a high fly ball, it should trigger and if it fails and you have a antic_fail1.ogg file of the crowd doing "awwwww" then that would trigger when the ball was caught.

Now if you want to do walk up for players, they are just dropped in the normal sounds file and NOT in your stadium specific folders. Say like the Kirby Puckett walk up where the PA announcer Bob Casey would say KIRBEEEEEEEEE PUCKETT.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q96bh...ckett.ogg/file

This file would be dropped in the documents>out of the park developments>OOTP baseball 21>sounds folder. This is where all sounds for walkups must be placed and you name them Kirby Puckett.ogg no _ just the space. So Ken Griffey Jr.ogg would be named like that. spaces no underscroes.

where the sounds you want stadium specific would be under documents>out of the park developments>OOTP baseball 21>sounds>Stadium name (example Metrodome) This would be your horn and if you catch rally noises like I know there are some easy to find Texas Rangers sounds out there that have the crowd saying "Lets go Rangers"

Now you can not change the sounds in game. They must all be done in your file folders. To get the sounds to show up, either change the sounds while the game is not open, or, reload the game and they will be there.

If you have any questions, ask and I will try and explain if I left any confusion
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2021, 05:19 PM   #5
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

T-

Thank you for your detailed response. I'll have to read it about 10 times, but I'll get it. Back before it's demise "Broadcast Blast" with the Ernie Harwell PBP started doing some Stadium specific stuff. And I think most of those "LET's GO RANGERS" sound files are from my New York Rangers. Texans don't chant.

Thanks again,and I'll let you know how I do with this.

Regards,

Johnny
Old 01-29-2021, 08:47 PM   #6
twins_34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
T-

Thank you for your detailed response. I'll have to read it about 10 times, but I'll get it. Back before it's demise "Broadcast Blast" with the Ernie Harwell PBP started doing some Stadium specific stuff. And I think most of those "LET's GO RANGERS" sound files are from my New York Rangers. Texans don't chant.

Thanks again,and I'll let you know how I do with this.

Regards,

Johnny
haha well, It was recorded in Arlington https://freesound.org/people/AshFox/sounds/191924/
https://freesound.org/people/AshFox/sounds/191925/

Also, I picked Rangers because it was in my schedule when I was playing and I knew the files existed lol. Didn't even notice until after I posted with your name having Rangers in it rofl. So... totally used rangers
without even realizing it lol. It was just the only sound file I did find that had fans chanting for a team lol. That freesound website is pretty decent though for some files.
Old 08-09-2022, 02:32 PM   #7
mytreds
All Star Reserve

Does this work for ootp20?

“Once, centuries ago, it was the beloved national pastime of the Americas, Wesley. Abandoned by a society that prized fast food and faster games. Lost to impatience.”

“ The term ‘WAR’ should be replaced by ‘WAG’. WAR isn’t an actual measurement; it’s just a wild-ass guess” -Bill James

RIP National League 1876-2022

I make custom ballparks.
mytreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 12:29 PM   #8
micropterus58
All Star Starter

mytreds, I don't have OOTP20 installed anymore but if the file structure is the same it will work. See if OOTP20 has the same file names as twins 35 showed. At one point the devs started using OOG instead of WAV files so you may have to convert. The game may recognize both file types. I don't think that OOTP20 supported stadium specific sounds. Audacity can convert file types.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote