Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 04-01-2020, 06:32 PM   #1
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Baseball Greats QS file in the Workshop

This is available for OOTP21 and OOTP20 in the Steam Workshop. Subscribe and then install it from Workshop Central in the game.

I began working on this mod when OOTP 20 was released and just completed the project, though I may still make some improvements if necessary.

There are 32 teams included in the file. The 30 major league franchises plus the Cooperstown Pioneers (a team of 19th century players) and the Kansas City Monarchs (a team of Negro League players plus two Japanese players).

There are a total of 1291 players, enough for 40 teams if you want to expand.

-Every player in the Hall of Fame
-Every position player with 2000 H or 250 HR
-Every pitcher with 150 W or 200 SV or 700 G (200 W for 19th century pitchers).
-The top 2+ players at each position for every team even if they did not meet the above criteria.

Players are based on Davenport Translation statistics so that players from different eras can play against each other in a modern setting.

Player ratings are not based on their best single season, rather they are based on the best 5000 AB (sorted by EQA) for position players, the best 5000 AB Against for starting pitchers (sorted by ERA), and the best 2500 AB Against for relief pitchers (sorted by ERA).

The default season is 2009 but you can change this before the season begins.

Divisions are set for competitive balance with the default settings.

Last edited by Garlon; 04-05-2020 at 06:28 AM.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I simmed one season using the default settings. One division was stacked with the best teams: NYY, DET, BOS, and CLE. The Monarchs and Marlins were the worst teams by far. Hanley Ramirez struck out 328 times!
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #3
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

The divisions by default are ordered by strength of the teams. If you are playing the OOTP21 version I suggest instead using the OOTP20 version. There were some issues when importing the file from OOTP20 to OOTP21 and this may be another problem besides the others that I found recently.

I just played a game now with default settings using OOTP20 and he had 653 AB with 182 strikeouts, so this seems to be an OOTP21 issue. Something must be happening with something in OOTP21 with pitchers and batters with extreme stuff and Avoid K values.

Last edited by Garlon; 04-02-2020 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:26 AM   #4
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

This looks amazing. I really appreciate the time and effort put in and would love to try it. Is it available outside of the Steam Workshop? I buy the game directly from the developer and don't know the ins and outs of Steam.
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:27 AM   #5
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

I posted Baseball Greats v3 in the Workshop. The original file I posted was Baseball Greats v2, so if you have that pne you should get the new one if you are subscribed. The mod was temporarily taken down while I found a way to make the corrections to some relief pitchers ad some shortstops. Apparently there is a slight problem with OOTP giving the wrong stuff ratngs to pitchers who only have two pitches. I found those relievers and gave them a third pitch and then recalculated their ratings. This issue only was affecting about 20 pitchers. There were some shortstops whose arm rating was too low and OOTP was not using them, so their arm rating was boosted to 118/250. In OOTP 20 they were ok with 114/250.

Try the new version. Unfortunately you need to use rosters of 33 players because with 25 players some of the teams controlled by the computer will tend not to carry any additional 2B or SS. When this happens the starting 2B and SS will play 162 games and become fatigues and field very poorly and strike out around 300 times in the season. I told Markus about this issue with the game. Teams are sometimes carrying three 1Bmen and three 3Bmen but only one 2B and SS. The game won't even take an extra 3Bmen and play them at 2B or SS for a game just to give the starter a rest.

The default file for this league sets the rosters at 21 position players and 12 pitchers. I went through each team and they are now carrying extra players to cover every position.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:02 AM   #6
sprague
All Star Starter

Hey Garlon

do you have this for the regular version (non steam) game
If so I would love to take a look at it...
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:55 AM   #7
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

For anyone wanting this file who does not have the Steam version, send me a PM with your gmail address and you can get the file.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:38 AM   #8
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Did a quick look-see, Garlon. Wow. You nailed it! Much better balance across the league.

If anyone is thinking about using this mod, do it. What a work of art. I can only imagine how much time went into "getting it right."
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:40 PM   #9
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

This took a while to build because every player needed to be imported individually and nearly every rating in the editor needed to be entered too.