Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 10-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #1
CarolinaSoxfan
Minors (Triple A)

Draft Day Sports Pro Football 20

I know we are all waiting for the new game but the latest version from Wolverine Studios is really good.

I made a dynasty video so you can check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKcL...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-13-2019, 04:50 AM   #2
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Now that my research work on FHM is on a small break. I'm working on a mod to add in NFL player pictures which should improve the look of the game as well.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Old 10-13-2019, 11:34 AM   #3
madjac74
Minors (Double A)

Looks like a solid game! Does it have expansion? Also does it work with the college version at all?
Old 10-13-2019, 01:44 PM   #4
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

you can expand the league at the end of the season
Old 10-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
archibalduk
All Star Starter

They have a demo which is very handy: https://www.wolverinestudios.com/free-game-demos/

I'm going to download this later and give it a go. Does anybody know if there is a set of rosters which adds the real life team and player names?
Old 10-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #6
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Madjac, Yes, you can expand and there is a college game that lets you export the draft classes.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:00 AM   #7
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
They have a demo which is very handy: https://www.wolverinestudios.com/free-game-demos/

I'm going to download this later and give it a go. Does anybody know if there is a set of rosters which adds the real life team and player names?
Yes. In the forum a guy called Tigerman created an NFL Mod. Also in the forum is a download link for a team names mod and NFL logos, endzones, jerseys and helmets

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)

Last edited by Mickeyb37; 10-14-2019 at 03:02 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:27 PM   #8
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

I’ve been holding out for FOF, but I’m finally going to pull the trigger on this. The demo had me impressed with the customization options, FaceGen (finally!)c and the attempts at immersion through newsletters and the like.

I hate to abandon FOF, but I think I’ve finally fully given up hope.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #9
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

I tried this out and it's surprisingly good. I think the UI is decent and the game runs well. I'd definitely give it a go for anyone considering.

A few things I've noticed:

-Top players are always returning punts and kicks. I just played against the Falcons and they had Julio Jones returning kicks and punts which would obviously never happen.
-Players with high speed get caught from behind during simulations. Just had Christian McCaffrey (96 speed) get caught from behind at the 10 on a 45 yard run by DJ Stewart (84 speed).
-Running quarterbacks don't run enough when the simulation shows a clear running lane or open field. In a game vs the Seahawks this happened several times to both Russell and Cam. On 3rd and 2 I just had Cam run up to the line of scrimmage with nobody in front of him and throw to the TE across the field into triple coverage rather than just keep for the first down.
-Similar to FOF8, I don't like the way Free Agency is day by day with no chance to counter another team's offer. I don't like the way you just have to give an offer and hope it's the best one.
-Quarterbacks throw into double or triple coverage a lot with an open receiver.

Last edited by PepeSylvia; 10-15-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:17 PM   #10
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
I’ve been holding out for FOF, but I’m finally going to pull the trigger on this. The demo had me impressed with the customization options, FaceGen (finally!)c and the attempts at immersion through newsletters and the like.

I hate to abandon FOF, but I think I’ve finally fully given up hope.

I would hope more posts like this would spur perhaps a monthly update, but I doubt that. I guess the potential loss of customers is not a concern of the management/marketing team.

When I have more time, I plan to evaluate other football sims. BTW, I have been a strong advocate of Jim and FOF. I have been in as many as 7 or 8 MP leagues at a time (previously) and currently run the TFL.

But FOF is becoming very stale. It may be time to move on.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:38 PM   #11
Gary Gorski
Developer of Total Pro Basketball

I appreciate the very kind words on the game - I definitely invite you to check it out because the game has come a LONG way since we brought it into Wolverine a few years back.

BTW if you want a look at what the future of the game holds check out our YouTube channel - this is a video for upcoming DDS:PB 2020. We totally have rebuilt the interface and the game looks even more amazing. Once we get this worked out in DDS:PB it will transition to our other games hopefully for the next versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnJbKpA697M
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: Pro Football
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: College Football
Wolverine Studios
http://www.wolverinestudios.com
http://www.facebook.com/wolverinestudios
http://www.twitter.com/wolverinestudio
Old 10-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #12
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I appreciate the very kind words on the game - I definitely invite you to check it out because the game has come a LONG way since we brought it into Wolverine a few years back.

BTW if you want a look at what the future of the game holds check out our YouTube channel - this is a video for upcoming DDS:PB 2020. We totally have rebuilt the interface and the game looks even more amazing. Once we get this worked out in DDS:PB it will transition to our other games hopefully for the next versions.

Hilarious that the competition is posting marketing video's on here while we have not had a FOF update for over 6 months.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #13
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Wow, pro basketball isn't normally my jam, but this looks INCREDIBLE. Do you have anything exciting planned for the college game? More immersive recruiting, facegen, etc.?
Old 10-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #14
Gary Gorski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
Wow, pro basketball isn't normally my jam, but this looks INCREDIBLE. Do you have anything exciting planned for the college game? More immersive recruiting, facegen, etc.?
the college game is getting similar upgrades that the pro football game got - to be honest I don't know what college specific upgrades are coming in terms of recruiting or anything like that because I have been 100% on pro basketball recently but based on the leaps the pro game has taken I'm sure Brooks is going to do a terrific job on college football 2020
Wolverine Studios
Old 10-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #15
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
the college game is getting similar upgrades that the pro football game got - to be honest I don't know what college specific upgrades are coming in terms of recruiting or anything like that because I have been 100% on pro basketball recently but based on the leaps the pro game has taken I'm sure Brooks is going to do a terrific job on college football 2020
Awesome, thanks Gary. I'm a college football junkie, so have been selfishly hoping for a good sim for a while. I'll be buying the pro game in the meantime, but look forward to the next iteration of the college game.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:25 PM   #16
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
I would hope more posts like this would spur perhaps a monthly update, but I doubt that. I guess the potential loss of customers is not a concern of the management/marketing team.

When I have more time, I plan to evaluate other football sims. BTW, I have been a strong advocate of Jim and FOF. I have been in as many as 7 or 8 MP leagues at a time (previously) and currently run the TFL.

But FOF is becoming very stale. It may be time to move on.
Why? As soon as its announced, everyone will come right back. They know this.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:43 PM   #17
Gary Gorski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
Why? As soon as its announced, everyone will come right back. They know this.
I don't look at it as an either/or situation to be honest. For some people they may have to make a choice because they could only afford one but we've never tried to "outdo FOF" in designing our game nor are we sitting around thinking "wow lets see how many customers we can steal away from OOTP". We're just making a great football game and year after year making it better and letting our customers know that we're committed to continuing to do that in the future.

Our game focuses on being different than FOF. I think the games are great fun to watch play out in 2D and this year Brooks built a play creator into the game which really gives you an impressive level of depth. Plus while FOF will get a nice interface here at OOTP that's something we have always offered and people can see just how far we are pushing that with our DDS:PB videos.

I'm sure Jim and Markus lose exactly zero minutes of sleep a night worrying about anything but what they are doing and frankly Markus has built a fantastic company and Jim is an extremely accomplished developer so you're right - when they announce FOF is ready there will be tons of people lined up just because. That's a luxury we're trying to earn every day.

I'm glad this thread was started though to highlight our game - its really a fantastic game if you give it a chance and not just something that can tide you over until FOF comes out but something that you'll actively look forward to each year. We have some great MP leagues going too for those who like that side of the game (I always enjoyed playing in FPS Football leagues) and the support of more people can only mean good things for both products.
Wolverine Studios

Last edited by Gary Gorski; 10-16-2019 at 10:07 PM. Reason: corrected incorrect statement
Old 10-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #18
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I don't look at it as an either/or situation to be honest. For some people they may have to make a choice because they could only afford one but we've never tried to "outdo FOF" in designing our game nor are we sitting around thinking "wow lets see how many customers we can steal away from OOTP". We're just making a great football game and year after year making it better and letting our customers know that we're committed to continuing to do that in the future.

Our game focuses on things that FOF has never offered. I think the games are great fun to watch play out in 2D and this year Brooks built a play creator into the game which really gives you a level of depth that no football management game offers in that realm. Plus while FOF will get a nice interface here at OOTP that's something we have always offered and people can see just how far we are pushing that with our DDS:PB videos.

I'm sure Jim and Markus lose exactly zero minutes of sleep a night worrying about anything but what they are doing and frankly Markus has built a fantastic company and Jim is an extremely accomplished developer so you're right - when they announce FOF is ready there will be tons of people lined up just because. That's a luxury we're trying to earn every day.

I'm glad this thread was started though to highlight our game - its really a fantastic game if you give it a chance and not just something that can tide you over until FOF comes out but something that you'll actively look forward to each year. We have some great MP leagues going too for those who like that side of the game (I always enjoyed playing in FPS Football leagues) and the support of more people can only mean good things for both products.
Creating plays is something that FOF8 already offered, so you are wrong in that statement. But definitely 2D play is a step over FOF8.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #19
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

Our game focuses on things that FOF has never offered. I think the games are great fun to watch play out in 2D and this year Brooks built a play creator into the game which really gives you a level of depth that no football management game offers in that realm. Plus while FOF will get a nice interface here at OOTP that's something we have always offered and people can see just how far we are pushing that with our DDS:PB videos.

I dropped FOF recently after playing it for 10 years on and off. Then brought your new game. I love the 2d as one of my complaints of FOF was you could never really see what went wrong on individual plays. Your game looks and feels very good and is streets ahead of FOF in that sense but without knocking your game FOF game play detail is better by some way at present. (I do believe you are catching up though). So yes i do agree they are different but i very much feel that you play one or other and i think if you talk to most MP folk they will say the same. Just to add I think Mr Brookes (the lead developer to those who do not know) is very active on the forum, answers questions and takes suggestions on board and i think that is huge for the community and a big slap on the back for the franchise.

Last edited by thefatcat; 10-16-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #20
Gary Gorski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Creating plays is something that FOF8 already offered, so you are wrong in that statement. But definitely 2D play is a step over FOF8.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Guess it shows how much FOF I've played
Wolverine Studios