Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #41
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I've been here since 2002 and v4. The game was the best available then and continues to get better and better. Very cool listening to Markus talking OOTP past, present, and future. OOTP 40? Yeah, I hope to be here to see it
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:28 PM   #42
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

OOTP Now - Episode 16 is live!

It's Out of the Park Baseball 20 release week! To celebrate, we get back together with the official Out of the Park Baseball Spring Training Correspondent Scott Spindler. Scott takes us through his whirlwind tour of spring training camps and then counts down numbers 20 through 11 of the top 20 prospects in Out of the Park Baseball 20! Have no fear - he'll be back to hit the top ten next week.

You can listen to the show right here!

You still have time to get in on Out of the Park Baseball 20 before its worldwide release on March 22! Pre-order it today here to save 10%, get beta access on March 18th, and get a free Gold Pack for Perfect Team.

Enjoy the show!
Rich Grisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:53 PM   #43
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Looking forward to it.

Rich, just a suggestion, and you may have already planned to do this, but if not, you may want to put a link for this podcast list in the OOTP 20 forum once the official version of 20 is released, so folks new to the game can easily find it and be aware of it. It's a cool addition to the community.

-Cal
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:08 AM   #44
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
Looking forward to it.

Rich, just a suggestion, and you may have already planned to do this, but if not, you may want to put a link for this podcast list in the OOTP 20 forum once the official version of 20 is released, so folks new to the game can easily find it and be aware of it. It's a cool addition to the community.

-Cal
Great suggestion and we just did it. Thank you!
Old 03-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #45
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 17 is live!

Out of the Park Baseball 20 is live worldwide! While it will take us another week to be able to truly soak in the impact of OOTP 20's launch, it's a great time to be able to take a look at the top ten prospects in baseball according to our official Spring Training correspondent Scott Spindler, plus catch up on the new season of This Week In Perfect Team with Perfect Team Community Manager Kris Jardine!

You still have time to get in on a 10% discount of Out of the Park Baseball 20. Order it today here directly from us to save 10% and get a free Gold Pack for Perfect Team - or get the same discount and Gold Pack if you order it from Steam. Both deals are good through March 28th.

Here is the link: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/ootp-20-la...-ten-prospects

Enjoy the show!

Last edited by Rich Grisham; 03-26-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:26 PM   #46
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 18 is live!

Our great friends at the MLB Network have a three-year tradition running, debuting the official Out of the Park Baseball season predictions based upon 1000 OOTP simulations. This year is no different - but! - by popular demand, we got together after the MLB Network show aired to dive deeper into our predictions, including some comparisons between big-time free agents and rookies as well as a host of other fun data.

It's a super-fun episode that will be even MORE fun to look back on this October to see just how correct Out of the Park Baseball 20 was in what will happen this season.

Enjoy the show!

Don't forget to pick up Out of the Park Baseball directly from us or from Steam. Just $39.99!
Old 04-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #47
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 19 is live!

Baseball is happening in a big way and we're all over it! Up first this week the great Paul Sporer joins Rich to talk early season trends in real world baseball plus his new approach to Perfect Team this spring. Plus! T.J. Lauerman and Kris Jardine join Rich to review This Week In Perfect Team and the Redbirds Rising series, as well as all three hosts' recent results in our online competitions.

The episode can be heard right here.

You can pick up Out of the Park Baseball 20 today directly from us or from Steam or Origin. It's the best baseball strategy game ever made!

Enjoy the show!
Old 04-16-2019, 04:34 PM   #48
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if maybe ya could do 2 podcasts. One to focus on just perfect team and the other to focus on different topics in ootp. There just seems to be way too much coverage of pt. I get that its new but the game is great in other areas as well.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #49
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

That's a fair comment! We definitely do focus on Perfect Team a lot these days, but I welcome feedback on other topics that you would like us to cover.

In the past few weeks, we did our 2019 MLB Season predictions, as well as chatted baseball in general with Paul Sporer from FanGraphs. So we're mixing it up as much as we can think of.

If you have a specific topic, let me know and we'll address it!
Old 04-16-2019, 06:33 PM   #50
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 20 is live!

It's Jackie Robinson Day across Major League Baseball, and we celebrate at Out of the Park Developments by creating an entire 25-man roster of Perfect Team cards featuring the greatest Negro League players of all time! Kris Jardine, Perfect Team Community Manager, joins us to go over the entire squad, some interesting histories, and some player attributes of this amazing collection, all of which are now available in Out of the Park Baseball 20.

The link to the show is right here: http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/ootp-now-episode-20

Enjoy the show!
Old 04-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #51
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Grisham View Post
That's a fair comment! We definitely do focus on Perfect Team a lot these days, but I welcome feedback on other topics that you would like us to cover.

In the past few weeks, we did our 2019 MLB Season predictions, as well as chatted baseball in general with Paul Sporer from FanGraphs. So we're mixing it up as much as we can think of.

If you have a specific topic, let me know and we'll address it!
Thank.
Maybe topics like setting up a league. Not really a how to but just different opinions on what works best. Might be helpful to new players.
Maybe talk about some online leagues or showcase some dynasties.
Tigerfan always has good ones.
Running a historical league vs a fictional league.
Using random players.
Talk about some of the great mods. The work people have done on 3d models of ballparks is just amazing.
I'm sure others could come up with more.
I will keep listening. It takes time for a podcast to find its groove.
Keep up the good work.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #52
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Talk about the actual game...it’s options, what works best...have long time players come on...things of this nature.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #53
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Talk about the actual game...it’s options, what works best...have long time players come on...things of this nature.
We do that for sure; we've have three different longtime OOTP players come on and talk about their experiences with the game. There will be more! We're also starting a series about some 'deep cuts' of features in the game. So keep the suggestions coming!
Old 04-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #54
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Thank.
Maybe topics like setting up a league. Not really a how to but just different opinions on what works best. Might be helpful to new players.
Maybe talk about some online leagues or showcase some dynasties.
Tigerfan always has good ones.
Running a historical league vs a fictional league.
Using random players.
Talk about some of the great mods. The work people have done on 3d models of ballparks is just amazing.
I'm sure others could come up with more.
I will keep listening. It takes time for a podcast to find its groove.
Keep up the good work.
Great ideas! We will be incorporating these into the show over the next set of episodes. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2019, 12:51 PM   #55
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Grisham View Post
Great ideas! We will be incorporating these into the show over the next set of episodes. Thank you!
These boards are filled with ideas. If you guys have to create another show I know I wouldnt complain.
Maybe someday you will have a network of podcasts on all the ootp games.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:33 PM   #56
Rich Grisham
Biz Dev

Episode 21 is live!

We're talking baseball and OOTP! It's a fun two-part episode this week. We're joined by OOTP fan Mat Piscatella from the NPD to chat Padres early-season results and his escapades in OOTP 20 so far. Then! Our own Matt Arnold joins Rich to go into how the Simulation Module works - both for how we produce our season predictions here at OOTP Development as well as the options and nuances players of the game have. It's a look into an area of the system lot of people don't know about!*

http://ootpnow.libsyn.com/ootp-now-episode-21

Enjoy the show!
Old 04-24-2019, 06:56 PM   #57
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Liked it.
Especially the small mention of how to turn on commish mode.
Little things like that may help new players but there may be info that helps long time players as well.
Or a topic that is talked about might give a person and idea or it might interest someone in playing the game a different way.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:06 PM   #58
JRockne
Minors (Single A)

Simulation Module

I listened to the podcast. Where is this simulation module?
JRockne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #59
JRockne
Minors (Single A)

I see it. But I can only play a single exhibition game?
JRockne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #60
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote