Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2015, 03:32 AM   #1
Strakman
Bat Boy

FHM2 has too many problems

Compared to FHM14, FHM2 has way too many play-ability issues. While FHM2 has many more bells and whistles than FHM14, at least FHM14 moves along at a better pace and goes from one season to the next season pretty quickly. I'm having a darn hard time getting the FHM2 NHL seasons to go from one season to the next season, and the injuries issue is ridiculous in terms of similar length. Also the overtimes always seem to go to a shootout in the NHL season, when now with the 3-on-3 overtime format, most games will be decided without a shootout. Game developers, I'm wondering if you guys & gals really play tested this game near enough before releasing it!!!

Strakman
Strakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:56 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm sorry you feel that way, but that's a very different opinion than what we're hearing from a large majority of users. Like any game, there are things that could be made better, and we're making a concerted effort to work on them, as the three quick updates we've provided since release indicate.

I've offered to have a look at the problem you're having with the June 30-July 1 transition in the other thread you posted.

We're only three days into the regular season, so it's a little premature to evaluate exactly what effects 3-on-3 overtime will have on shootout frequency in the NHL.

There are injuries of shorter lengths than you see in the news, but the news reports don't announce them league-wide to keep the amount of news you get manageable; only the longer injuries get mentioned.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 04:52 AM   #3
Strakman
Bat Boy

Update on moving to next season issue

I finally got the game on my Windows 10 computer to go to the next season, but it took me a long time to get it done, more than an hour. While the game was just simulating ad nausea, I just closed it out by clicking on the X at the top right of the page. When I restarted the game, a lot of new news stories were there and the game then allowed me to move to July 1. I expanded the league by two teams also. I just wish the game would process through June 30 like it does on FHM14. Any input from the game developers or posters would be much appreciated.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:37 AM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

On july 1st the game needs to do all the organization stuff and that takes a bit longer. You should never quit the game during this process, that can corrupt the game. I highly doubt it takes a hour, even on my old Computer it was way below 30 minutes. I will work on the performance of that day on monday.

For the injuries, Jeff already gave the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strakman View Post
I finally got the game on my Windows 10 computer to go to the next season, but it took me a long time to get it done, more than an hour. While the game was just simulating ad nausea, I just closed it out by clicking on the X at the top right of the page. When I restarted the game, a lot of new news stories were there and the game then allowed me to move to July 1. I expanded the league by two teams also. I just wish the game would process through June 30 like it does on FHM14. Any input from the game developers or posters would be much appreciated.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:01 AM   #5
Strakman
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way, but that's a very different opinion than what we're hearing from a large majority of users. Like any game, there are things that could be made better, and we're making a concerted effort to work on them, as the three quick updates we've provided since release indicate.

I've offered to have a look at the problem you're having with the June 30-July 1 transition in the other thread you posted.

We're only three days into the regular season, so it's a little premature to evaluate exactly what effects 3-on-3 overtime will have on shootout frequency in the NHL.

There are injuries of shorter lengths than you see in the news, but the news reports don't announce them league-wide to keep the amount of news you get manageable; only the longer injuries get mentioned.
I've watched two OT 3-on-3 and both were settled without a shootout. Just about every hockey expert agrees the shootouts will end up being about 40 percent, and the AHL went to the 3-on-3 last year and it dramatically reduced the shootouts.IMO it's obvious NHL shootouts to settle OT will be much less than what is happening on this game at this time. I actually like the game as I did FHM14...frustration though does set in as you know. Thanks for your prompt response, I really appreciate that a lot....Strakman.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:09 AM   #6
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

it's a great game ... issues? yeah i found some, small compared to not getting to July 1rst though....

Is it because of all the professional leagues? Finnish, Swiss, etc....

The game sim is great!

I just started the sims, played the first 8 games of the season, and what a delight to switch speeds and styles of simulation in mid period or period by period...

The FHM2 guys have shown that they are interested in fixing noted and substantial problems.....

It's a great game with even a more greater future ... (especialyl if they listen to my suggestions :-P )
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:14 AM   #7
Strakman
Bat Boy

Appreciate Your Work

Don't worry, I'm enjoying FHM2 and realize you folks are doing your best to get the kinks out of the game that some of us frustrated gamers are complaining about. I do like the fact that I'm not seeing a lot of practice injuries in FHM2, in fact, I've gone through 2 NHL seasons and don't recall any practice injuries, which is fine with me but not exactly realistic. Anyway, thanks for what you do, and thanks again for your quick response to my frustrations....Strakman. BTW, I just love the OOTP Baseball game...it's the best one of the baseball management games I've got.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #8
archibalduk
All Star Starter

How many leagues do you have active? I believe that can have quite an impact on performance.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:47 PM   #9
Strakman
Bat Boy

Active Leagues to date on this computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
How many leagues do you have active? I believe that can have quite an impact on performance.
Five leagues active right now.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #10
Strakman
Bat Boy

Quote:

My prediction on the 3-on-3 OT in the NHL is based on what I've seen so far and on the vast majority of NHL analysts I heard and read, the shootouts will be dramatically reduced this year and in coming years.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #11
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Those injury messages need quite a bit of work. Many injuries are related to a fight, but there was no fight in that game. One guy got an intestinal virus from colliding with the board. That was weird. Injuries that happen in play during a game should be better narrowed down. Off-ice incidents can be a bit more varied.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #12
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Crazy that it takes so long. Mine takes no more than a couple of minutes, running on a pretty decent, but nothing exceptional, laptop, to switch over from June 30-July 1.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #13
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

I really enjoy the game so far. I agree a bit on the injuries, and wish there were a few options that will, I'm sure, come with time. In general, really fun though.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote