Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 07-25-2015, 08:26 AM   #1
HabsJaysFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What mode will be your first game?

Now that we know the game will of course have historical mode, modern mode and expansion mode what will your first game be? I'm personally going to dive in as the Habs GM in the early 00's and build them into a modern day Dynasty, then I think I will do a modern day expansion with the Nordiques of course(Even though they are my habs nemesis) but it would be cool to see them on the ice again. Then I might even take control of the modern day Leafs just to see if I can right the ship. I can't forget to start as a Major Junior GM and try to work my way up..... so many options, I'm super stoked!!!
HabsJaysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
tward13
All Star Starter

I've joined two online leagues. One starting in 1994 and one current day. I got my Rangers for their cup year, but settled for Carolina and rebuild work for current day.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #3
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

I am definitely starting as the Predators in modern day. want to see if I can bring my beloved team a cup win in the next few seasons! I am also in an online league and hope to win it all... also want to try a historic redue of our beloved NHL!
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Two games will be my first game: replay mode from the earliest season available until the present to see how that turns out....really interested to see how Bobby Orr's career turns out from the sim, too; and I'll take over in commissioner mode in a modern game starting with the upcoming 2015-16 season, sim about a year or two, expand with the Las Vegas Aces and Seattle Pilots (or a team in Portland) and possibly expand a few more times in the next 10-20 seasons and go from there. I'll definitely be bringing back the Hartford Whalers at some point, as well.....SAVE THE WHALE!!!!!!
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Empach
Minors (Double A)

I was planning to take control of the modern Devils, but I'll probably be going expansion instead!
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #6
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Modern day. I'll throw all the teams in an RNG and choose whoever comes out first.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:27 PM   #7
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Fictional mode for me, rebuild the NRHL again, my personal project for many long years before I had sim programs to help. I'm super hyped to get that back up and running in a more functional and suitable game such as this. Likely see if I can set it up to begin a few years ago when I left it off for real, too.

Beyond that I'll do modern day stuff to work my way up to the Red Wings.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #8
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Online League.
That's the only feature I'm interested in.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #9
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I don't typically play single player in any sim games (other than FM) but that expansion mode is calling my name to bring the Nordiques back!
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:21 AM   #10
Carna
Bat Boy

Modern day & expansion team. Nordiques + trying to draft canadien /quebec players mostly, but bringing hockey to Vegas would be interesting too
Carna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #11
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

Modern franchise and maybe expansion with the Nords my goal is to take the Flames to the Stanley Cup!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:36 PM   #12
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I'm a fictional guy at heart, so I plan to build a fictional league, likely 20 to 26 teams, somewhere in there so it's a bit smaller and easier to follow.

I also do plan on keeping a real world NHL sim going ... Possibly with the Canadiens, maybe with the Oilers to see how McDavid's career pans out ... or maybe even with an expansion team (I guess I haven't decided yet!)

I also may play around with a QMJHL game with my hometown Moncton Wildcats...

And finally, I do plan to eventually join an online league too as I think that will be one of the best parts of FHM 2!

But, more than likely I'll just be busy answering questions and dealing with customers and won't get to play too much after all
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #13
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I also do plan on keeping a real world NHL sim going ... Possibly with the Canadiens, maybe with the Oilers to see how McDavid's career pans out ... or maybe even with an expansion team (I guess I haven't decided yet!)

I also may play around with a QMJHL game with my hometown Moncton Wildcats...

And finally, I do plan to eventually join an online league too as I think that will be one of the best parts of FHM 2!
Sounds like we are quite similar in our thoughts on starting the game. I'm a Habs fan but would like to see where Edmonton goes.

I would maybe start in the Q with like the Sea Dogs or the Oceanic and then when I am ready to graduate then take an expansion team in the NHL.
SushamiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #14
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Fictional League all the way for me. That's all I do with OOTP too. I'm planning on starting with 16 teams and expand from there over time. I already have team cities, names, and logos picked out for the first 16 with a plan going forward for all the expansion teams. I hope it's going to be easy to create custom jerseys though like it is with OOTP.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:12 PM   #15
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Modern NHL (with a twist)
NHL teams moving to the S-AHL:
Detroit Red Wings-new NHL team Detroit Express
Toronto Maple Leafs-new NHL team Toronto Toros
Columbus Blue Jackets-new NHL team Ohio Hawks
Nashville Predators-new NHL team Tennessee Triplets

NHL teams moving will need too be moved one player at a time manually with the player editor.

S-AHL teams:
Long Island Cougars
Baltimore Clippers
Hershey Bears
Philadelphia Phantoms
North Carolina Pirates
Providence Reds
Rhode Island Eagles
Wilkes Barre Barons
New England Blazers
Buffalo Bisons
Rochester Americans
Montreal Royals
Syracuse Federals
Toronto Maple Leafs
Boston Braves
Charlotte Checkers
Chicago Wolves
Columbus Blue Jackets
Iowa Storm
Detroit Red Wings
Nashville Predators
Milwaukee Admirals
Cleveland Cobras

San Francisco Bulls
Oakland Oaks
San Antonio Rampage
San Diego Gulls
San Jose Barracudas
Fresno Falcons
Texas Generals

Last edited by Orioles1966; 08-02-2015 at 06:31 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:49 PM   #16
Smetana
All Star Starter

I applaud your imaginative planning, Orioles. Man are you ever going to have a lot of work to do!

In future versions, things like this will likely be much easier to accomplish. Gotta' walk before you run, and all that...
Old 07-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #17
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Fictional League all the way for me. That's all I do with OOTP too. I'm planning on starting with 16 teams and expand from there over time. I already have team cities, names, and logos picked out for the first 16 with a plan going forward for all the expansion teams. I hope it's going to be easy to create custom jerseys though like it is with OOTP.
Mind sharing your team names and possibly logos? I have started to get together some of my fictional logos but definitely could use some inspiration for some more...
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:25 PM   #18
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Mind sharing your team names and possibly logos? I have started to get together some of my fictional logos but definitely could use some inspiration for some more...
I wish I was more imaginative but I basically just scour sportslogos.net and use a bunch. As a result, I'll have a lot of junior league and minor league team logos re-imagined. I do have a few that I'll create on my own. So far here are my cities and names (the hardest part is coming up with division names that make sense a little now and later without having to change them):

Supreme Hockey League
Eastern League
Northeast Division

Boston Jackals
Montreal Arctics
New York Generals
Detroit Admirals

Central Division
Atlanta Warthogs
Florida Flamingos
Louisville Solars
Washington Americans

Western League
Midwest Division
Chicago Icicles
Green Bay Rats
Kansas City Wolves
Minnesota Mallards

Northwest Division
Los Angeles Wasps
Portland Owls
Seattle Stingrays
Vancouver Vikings

Last edited by thirdsaint; 07-31-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:43 PM   #19
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
I wish I was more imaginative but I basically just scour sportslogos.net and use a bunch. As a result, I'll have a lot of junior league and minor league team logos re-imagined. I do have a few that I'll create on my own. So far here are my cities and names (the hardest part is coming up with division names that make sense a little now and later without having to change them):

Supreme Hockey League
Eastern League
Northeast Division

Boston Jackals
Montreal Arctics
New York Generals
Detroit Admirals

Central Division
Atlanta Warthogs
Florida Flamingos
Louisville Solars
Washington Americans

Western League
Midwest Division
Chicago Icicles
Green Bay Rats
Kansas City Wolves
Minnesota Mallards

Northwest Division
Los Angeles Wasps
Portland Owls
Seattle Stingrays
Vancouver Vikings
Vancouver Vikings? I see great minds think alike, I had a team named that as well for my fictional league. For the previous game I just borrowed the custom fictional logos justafan did for OOTP, except made sure to only use non-baseball themed ones, like no references to a baseball or player in the logo. Just to keep it neutral and make everything look unified. I may just carryover all the ones I used before for the new game, too.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #20
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
Vancouver Vikings? I see great minds think alike, I had a team named that as well for my fictional league. For the previous game I just borrowed the custom fictional logos justafan did for OOTP, except made sure to only use non-baseball themed ones, like no references to a baseball or player in the logo. Just to keep it neutral and make everything look unified. I may just carryover all the ones I used before for the new game, too.
Ha, yeah, I like to use alliteration too if you can tell. Not too much though. A few of the logos I'm using do have a hockey stick as part of the logo but not too many. Kind of fits with the NHL anyhow.