Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Ozymandius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question Total Newb Questions

I am brand new to OOTP Baseball. I purchased version 13 and was looking for some guidance on how to set up the following.

I would like to set up a league starting in 1946 that uses historical player data but instead of having the actual number of teams I would like to be able to have 1 sub-league with 2 divisions of 6 teams each and them be able to distribute players among these teams.

Anyone have the patience to help me set this up?

Also, if I want to be able to continue to the next year and base them on 1947 stats do I have to set a new league up after each season?
Ozymandius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandius View Post
I am brand new to OOTP Baseball. I purchased version 13 and was looking for some guidance on how to set up the following.

I would like to set up a league starting in 1946 that uses historical player data but instead of having the actual number of teams I would like to be able to have 1 sub-league with 2 divisions of 6 teams each and them be able to distribute players among these teams.

Anyone have the patience to help me set this up?

Also, if I want to be able to continue to the next year and base them on 1947 stats do I have to set a new league up after each season?
I can't help with the first part, but you can import to the next version. I started my dynasty in ver 11 and imported to 12 then to 13.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Ozymandius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks but version wise I should be ok since I am starting in 13 (do not own previous versions)
Old 04-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
Ozymandius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok, so I finally figured out how to do this. I started a historical league in commissioner mode then redid the league structure and released all players. Seems to be what I want.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, so I finally figured out how to do this. I started a historical league in commissioner mode then redid the league structure and released all players. Seems to be what I want.
Don't forget, you'll need a new schedule.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
Ozymandius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks! Actually I am currently looking at how the schedule maker is and would like to see if I can weight how many times each team players another team within its division vs another division.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks but version wise I should be ok since I am starting in 13 (do not own previous versions)
Doesn't sound like this applies to you, but in prior years you could use the demo versions of the game to import the previous year's version. So, for example you could use the v.11 demo to import a v.10 game, then use the V.12 demo to import the now-v.11 game, then you can import the game into v.13.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote