Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb OOTP 11 - Thread for initial impressions...

... please let us know your initial impressions on OOTP 11!

Edit by Steve: but if you're seeing problems/buggy stuff, please post them in Tech Support!!

All the best,
Markus

Last edited by battists; 04-12-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

So far much much faster. And it is purtty as well.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
Kemp
All Star Starter

I created some custom data files but after putting them in my new OOTP11 folder, the game doesn't seem to be recognizing them.

Where does OOTP11 look for data files? (like nations.txt, ethnicities.txt, etc)
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
sbailey85
Minors (Single A)

so far i like that i didnt have to run the install as super user on linux by default like when installing the 9 and 10 demos
sbailey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
I created some custom data files but after putting them in my new OOTP11 folder, the game doesn't seem to be recognizing them.

Where does OOTP11 look for data files? (like nations.txt, ethnicities.txt, etc)
My Documents/OOTP Developments/Out of the Park Baseball 11/database

Make sure you copy the files there first, and then start a new league.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 AM   #6
hfield007
All Star Starter

I messed up something and cleared and deleted all players and then clicked the "fill all teams with players" option and the batters were all fine. however the pitchers all had ratings between 1-5 with 1 stamina.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #7
hfield007
All Star Starter

It seems like its finally fixed where if i am playing my 1890 season and have the nations file to only make me white american players they will no longer give my managers hispanic heritages anymore despite all my players being white non hispanic. this was really annoying. THANK YOU
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #8
kiersteadmo
Minors (Single A)

i had this guy free agent travis chick

5 star guy pot
3 star skill so far

asking 400k 1 year

i tested all kinds of offers and said no to even 10 mil a year 5 years, he kept saying add more money so i did til 10 mil

but then said yes to a minor league deal.... kinda fishy because anyone woudl have said yes to 10 mil a year , i was redsox
kiersteadmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

not a good impression this year: license key is not working. But I've e-mailed the support and I hope I'll also post good impressions soon

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 AM   #10
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

This may be a long entry, but it's warranted.

I am extremely impressed with the speed of this game. It has not slowed down for me yet (maybe it will still, but so far incredible) and the lay-out is outstanding. The lay-out in previous years was by no means bad, but this years lay-out is by far one of the most underrated new features in my opinion. It takes a couple of times to get used to, granted, but after wards everything fits. It's like a neat little map, or a kitchen with everything in the right position. Just a tremendous job by Markus and everyone else.

The speed needs to be discussed again however, it is simply fast. There isn't another way of putting it. From the opening, to the loading, to the screen changes it is quick and precise and a far cry from 10. I am amazed at this and I am infinitely thankful.

Another thing is the bookmark. The bookmark feature, while not overly dramatic, is a much better asset than the 'recent" screen and is another feature that is awesome and a very useful tool.

Enough gushing, I have to get back to playing. But I had to write this glowing review because this game is exactly what I had hoped for. Thank you everyone who made this game in any capacity. I truly appreciate it.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
not a good impression this year: license key is not working. But I've e-mailed the support and I hope I'll also post good impressions soon
Have you tried disabling your firewall?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #12
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Have you tried disabling your firewall?
I'll try that now

Edit: still not working

F2P Team

Last edited by dancariaz; 04-12-2010 at 07:22 AM.
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:33 AM   #13
gamefan1978
Minors (Single A)

Started my season with the Cubs and ended up winning 4-2. Ryan Dempster 6 innings 2 ER 4 K's 1 BB. Marlon Byrd 1-3 HR 3 RBI. Save by Carlos Marmol. Great game and a good start to the season by the Chicago Cubs.
gamefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #14
CoachDirty
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefan1978 View Post
Started my season with the Cubs and ended up winning 4-2. Ryan Dempster 6 innings 2 ER 4 K's 1 BB. Marlon Byrd 1-3 HR 3 RBI. Save by Carlos Marmol. Great game and a good start to the season by the Chicago Cubs.
Well, then obviously the sim engine is unrealistic
CoachDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #15
towerofpower
Minors (Single A)

Just wanted to say that the FaceGen project work is...well remarkable. It's great having the real faces of players that will update as they change teams. Kudos to all involved with that project...and whoever did the Joba Chamberlein face...big thumbs up to you

Haven't poked and prodded the game engine much yet (importing my 3 versions strong fictional league right now) but so far this looks to be the best version yet.

Cheers,

Steve
towerofpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #16
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
I'll try that now

Edit: still not working
Have you tried copying and pasting the license number from your email receipt instead of typing it in, worked for me as I got the "could not activate" at first.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #17
SC_Dawg
All Star Reserve

Yay! I now have something to do this weekend!

Going to visit family this coming weekend and with OOTP being released I have something to play with while the kids are being entertained by grandparents.

Thanks Guys!

Oh, the interface has a definite new feel to it and it is going to take me a bit of time to get used to it. The game thus far is without a doubt faster.

Still haven't "fixed" the one thing I desperately want fixed (enable the foreigner limit and the pitcher vs hitter limit to work such that the total foreigner limit is the controlling factor not the total foreigner hitters/pitchers). Or it is not been fixed to the best of my knowledge. I will do more distinct testing of this tonight when I once again attempt to design the South Carolina Mill League.
Jos 24:15 "If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
SC_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #18
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Simply awesome - thanks for another homerun.

The speed is phenomenal - the layout is amazing and the new historical load is great.

I would buy anything you put out Mr H

Thanks again
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:53 AM   #19
abear2008
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Would have to say negative

I would have to say the first impression is negative since it will not accept my license code.
abear2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #20
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by abear2008 View Post
I would have to say the first impression is negative since it will not accept my license code.
Try copy & paste (Ctrl-V to paste it into the dialog) the license number.

Also, please make sure that any firewall is disabled temporarily (windows firewall or the one in your router).