Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #41
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Sporr needs to update his original post to include a few more versions.

By the way, all old versions are available here:

Previous Versions of OOTP

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:07 AM   #42
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Great stuff - love seeing the older versions. Started with v4, but love the v5 skin.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #43
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

I'm OGOOTP, I have all the versions.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #44
JayWigley
Minors (Double A)

Tried v2, converted at v3

I tried out v2 and wasn't too thrilled--lots of crashes, but ended up being my system, not the game. Then when OOTP3 came out, I dove in head-first and loved every minute. I still remember doing an historical league that started in 1903 and I signed every significant future HOFer, winning maybe a dozen championships in 15 years.

No version since then has meant as much to me as OOTP3. But I'm hopeful that iOOTP will be a huge success.
JayWigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #45
jaxmagicman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Retired defloration-maker living in Myrtle Beach, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althius View Post
Somehow I think even when version 12 comes out, and it walks your dog and does your laundry, people will still be clamoring for more features...

and of course a "real" roster set...
It doesn't by the way.

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.
jaxmagicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #46
medlinke
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My first version was 3 back in the day. I had been a Baseball Mogul guy and then OOTP changed everything. The kitchy fun of Mogul always made me overlook how bizarrely inaccurate it was. OOTP, even in version 3, was years beyond its time.

Even though the newer interface and versions confuse the heck out of me still...I can appreciate how awesome it is.
medlinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:20 AM   #47
bcrizla
Bat Boy

OOTP 6 is what got me hooked into baseball sims. Thank you guys for making the best game out there.
bcrizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #48
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

I started with v4 and then 6 & 6.5 which is my favorite still of the bunch. It wasn't too busy and you didn't spend hours reading. I later tried v7 when it was cheap and the last one I got was v10 and am now waiting to buy another when he adds ANIMATED player graphics of some sort. I'd be happy with MicroLeague Baseball Manager type graphics but just something as just watching pictures of players on the bases and they don't even animate running from one to the other just isn't enough. Plus that little ball that doesn't even animate well what's happening isn't any good either. I'd love to see Front Page Sports Baseball type graphics and howlers in the stands shouting "HE AIN'T NUTIN" or Popcorn getcha Popcorn. lol Man I loved FPSBB 98. Can't get it to run without crashing on these modern day puters and OS's though.
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #49
ragincajun
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was browsing the forums today. I wish I could access my old account (I've e-mailed tech about it so we'll see).

I was going through the old timers that I remembered from back in the day since it's been 2 versions (X) since I last bought and quite a few versions since I was really into the game.

Some of the names jumped off the member list but sadly it seems that a lot of old timers have moved on. Here's a who's who...love em or hate em...they were a core of the OOTP community. At least they were major board members that I remember from memory lane...

Steve Kuffrey
Subby
Spleen1015
sixto
canadiancreed
Malleus Dei
Gastric ReFlux
Tiger Fan
Green & Gold Heart
Draft Dodger
TC Dale
holyroller
IatricSB (where is Stacy Bond...he's just disappeared)
treedom
Hammer755

Hopefully, they are still around in another incarnation.
ragincajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #50
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragincajun View Post
I was browsing the forums today. I wish I could access my old account (I've e-mailed tech about it so we'll see).

I was going through the old timers that I remembered from back in the day since it's been 2 versions (X) since I last bought and quite a few versions since I was really into the game.

Some of the names jumped off the member list but sadly it seems that a lot of old timers have moved on. Here's a who's who...love em or hate em...they were a core of the OOTP community. At least they were major board members that I remember from memory lane...

Steve Kuffrey
Subby
Spleen1015
sixto
canadiancreed
Malleus Dei
Gastric ReFlux
Tiger Fan
Green & Gold Heart
Draft Dodger
TC Dale
holyroller
treedom
Hammer755

Steve Kuffrey posted in the mods forum just a couple days ago.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #51
ragincajun
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Did he? OK, maybe some of these guys are around with new forum names like I had to do.

Was funny, I was talking to a friend of mine that I met through OOTP and he knew Steve pretty well and asked me if he was still on the forums. That's what made me start looking around today for the old timers.
ragincajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #52
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Some of us just don't post as much as we used to.

Some of us have not bought version 13 yet, and since all previous versions are set in stone, there's not much to say.

But this is still the only forum I check every time I come online.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #53
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Soon, I can imagine this gravitating to include a list of old-timers we wish didn't still frequent the boards.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #54
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

5's look using the green/brown skin is still the classic look for me.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #55
yougo1000
All Star Reserve

The first one I got was 8 in 2010 because that was the most recent free version I could find. (Hey I was only 11). Now I have played 12 and 14 and enjoy them. Easily some of the best games I have played
Bulls
Hawks
and Kansas JayHawks
yougo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #56
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Steve Kuffrey
Subby
Spleen1015
sixto
canadiancreed
Malleus Dei
Gastric ReFlux
Tiger Fan
Green & Gold Heart
Draft Dodger
TC Dale
holyroller
treedom
Hammer755

All the folks in bold I see on a semi to regular basis.

Kuffey's around in a limited profile
So is spleenie, think he's mianly at the FOFC or OTBA forums now
MD left for Puresim after no-one beleived he was the forums deity or something
Don't know what happened to Tiger Fan...did he write the chronicles of O'Farrell?
Think Draft Dodger's writing for the Colorado Avalanche blog on SBNation
TC Dale posted a few weeks ago
IatricSB morphed into pion, who eventually left after the great OT schism of 2011 (or something like that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
5's look using the green/brown skin is still the classic look for me.
Seconded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammer
Yes, i also think that the game was very basic.
I think your account smells of spam.

PT22

Last edited by CommishJoe; 08-20-2013 at 04:35 PM.
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #57
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
I think your account smells of spam.
Agreed, so I shipped him off to the SPAM museum .

Wow, Malleus brings back some memories

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
CommishJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #58
wspahn21
Major Leagues

Funny, that this is my first post in over a year.

I never posted a lot but I am part of that early 2002 forum class. I think the forums join dates start in Dec 2001. Can't believe it has been 12 years this month since I found this place.

I like a lot of people came over from Mogul and haven't looked back except I almost left when they switched to the Football Manager UI but I survived that and stuck it out.

Last edited by wspahn21; 03-12-2014 at 11:38 AM.
wspahn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:36 AM   #59
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

I don't post that often but I have purchased every version since I joined (2002) and I am loving 14 and really looking forward to version 15! This game stole me away from what I once considered the best sports simulation ever, Diamond Mind Baseball, which I first started playing as Pursue the Pennant PC Baseball in 1987!
I really enjoy historical replays (circa 1966) as it reminds me of my youth

Last edited by Mariner and Giants Fan; 04-02-2014 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Spell
Mariner and Giants Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #60
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Quote:

Steve Kuffrey
Subby
Spleen1015
sixto
canadiancreed
Malleus Dei
Gastric ReFlux
Tiger Fan
Green & Gold Heart
Draft Dodger
TC Dale
holyroller
treedom
Hammer755

Tiger Fan was my All Time fav. Used to love his Cliff Markle updates and history of baseball (Especially the first one he did, he was a legend) Steve Kuffrey I am sure was the person I communicated with when I got my first disc version of the game OOTP 2. Still look at the boards and have bought most versions though strangely not the version 6 that people love so much. ( I must have had a life in that time!) Eugene I forget his second name I always love his posts. Great memories!
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote