Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 11-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #21
Goldash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

RIP Matt --- I'm not very active around these forums and for that reason I never corresponded with him but it's very sad to hear about the loss of a major cog in the FHM community. My deepest condolences.
Goldash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #22
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

RIP Matt. Although I've never corresponded with him, I remember him talking about having to step away for medical reasons. Sad to hear.

Content Creator and Streamer:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sizzlingpopcorn
sizzlingpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:16 AM   #23
Smetana
All Star Starter

So truly saddened to hear this news.

Rest In Peace, friend.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:04 AM   #24
Edster007
All Star Starter

Rest in peace Matt. My thoughts are with his family. I didn't know him outside of the forum but when scanning through threads his posts were a must read.

It is a sad reminder that we should never take for granted the time we have here and that the little things that annoy and frustrate us in day to day life are really nothing in comparison to what a gentleman like Matt and far too many others have to go through.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #25
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Absolutely devastating. A genuinely nice guy who I greatly enjoyed chatting with via the forums and PM. He clearly cared a great deal about the game and British hockey - two things I can very much relate to.

How sad...
Old 11-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #26
sprague
All Star Starter

I knew as soon as I saw this thread title what this was going to be.
I had the pleasure to chat a bunch with Matt about a year ago in quite long PM's about the state of the game. I know he after that put in a lot of time into helping this game along.

He was very interesting with lots to talk about besides hockey, and certainly someone that everyone on this board who interacted with him will in some way miss.

Even though it was sad news, I am glad Mickey decided to post this to let all of us know. Try to remember the positive things he brought to the conversations and to the forum...he was a good guy.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #27
yzerwing
All Star Starter

WOW! Very shocking news to hear! Haven't been on the main forums much lately, and didn't see his post about being sick, and taking time away! I am very sorry to hear about this, my thoughts are with his family and friends, through this tough time.

Thank you Mickey for posting this, so that we all could know.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:52 PM   #28
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

This is truly something sad to read. This disease is horrible and I'm sure most people know of sommeone who has gone thru it, going thru it or have passed because of it. Penfold is an amazing person, for someone to be so happy and positive all the time and have this horrible disease is quite inspiring. He will be missed greatly.

We talked a few times, not enough to be close buddies or anything but he always had something goood and positive to say and was an absolute joy to talk to him.

Rest in Peace. I am happy that the suffering is over but I personally wish he was still with us as he will be in our hearts and minds for a long time.

My condolenses to his family and friends in this terrible time but keep in mind that you are better to have known such a person for the time you did than to never know him at all.

Again, Rest in Peace
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #29
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

I have been spending quite a bit of time with Matt's family the last few days. His kids have been staying over with us while his wife Jenna and her brother have been organising things. It has given me an opportunity to show her some of the messages that have been written here about Matt and also how the latest patch was dedicated to him. She asked me to pass on her thanks for your comments and thoughts at this time. From what I have gathered it is the plan that his family will move back to Canada which is a bit sad for us as they have been a lovely family to get to know even though the circumstances have been really bad.

I also would like to say thanks for all the messages about Matt as he was a really good friend and a really great guy that I was lucky to get to know on the forums initially and then outside of the forums as well.

Something really strange happened yesterday as I was looking through some of Matt's hockey memorabilia and he has loads of photos from matches he had attended. In one picture taken at an Ayr Scottish Eagles game a number of years ago he had his picture taken with a couple of his work colleagues. Two rows back from him and his friends I was sitting with my dad and we were in the picture. It was the only game of hockey I ever convinced my dad to go to. Weird but quite a nice thing to find out we must have been destined to meet up eventually. Rest In Peace my friend.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Mickeyb37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:47 AM   #30
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

This is so sad. Rest in peace Matt, and thank you so much for all you have done for us. You will be deeply missed.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:51 AM   #31
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

I can't speak to Matt, as I am new to these forums, but please accept my deepest condolences. He sounds like a kind and caring person, and I am sorry for all of those who will miss him--and those who never got the chance.
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #32
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Very sad news - rest in peace, Matt

Thanks, Mickeyb37, for sharing this, and all the best for you and Matt's family.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Last edited by Germaniac; 11-26-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote