Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 01-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #21
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hammy View Post
Windows 98 definitely counts because every computer in the school where I teach uses it. Sad, really.
Hey, my sister just 'upgraded' from Win95 to Win98 this past year, and two other people I've heard of jumped directly from Win 95 to Vista at Christmas, so there's a lot of that going around.

Since I'm two generations behind on my Mac OS, I shouldn't be throwing stones.

Last edited by Curtis; 01-17-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #22
Isura
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hammy View Post
Windows 98 definitely counts because every computer in the school where I teach uses it. Sad, really.
Win 98 was a huge step forward for gamers imo.. 95 was suck a joke with device driver/video card compatibility.
Isura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:39 PM   #23
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Windows 98SE is by far the best OS Microsoft has made, followed by XP SP2.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #24
MB.Pelicans
Minors (Triple A)

Windows 7 will be highly ranked upon release too, its what Vista should have been. this is the best my laptop as ever run, and I've had XP, Vista and now Win 7 on it
MB.Pelicans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
thomamon
Global Moderator

Is there a way I can install it on my Vista PC on a separate partition?

Is there a 64 bit version? I want it
thomamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #26
Hazza
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Windows 2000 - Windows 4.75?
Windows 1
Windows 2
Windows 3.0 - 3.11
Windows 4 was 95 and it's varients, 98, Me
Windows 5 was XP
Windows 6 was Vista
Windows 7 is Windows 7

Windows 2000 was an offshoot of one of their sever programs, not part of the actual windows "Family" afaik.

edit Seems technically, XP is a version of Windows 2000, so 2000 is the start of the "Windows 5" family.

"I never said half the things I really said." - Yogi Berra

Last edited by Hazza; 01-21-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Hazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:44 AM   #27
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza View Post
Windows 1
Windows 2
Windows 3.0 - 3.11
Windows 4 was 95 and it's varients, 98, Me
Windows 5 was XP
Windows 6 was Vista
Windows 7 is Windows 7

Windows 2000 was an offshoot of one of their sever programs, not part of the actual windows "Family" afaik.

edit Seems technically, XP is a version of Windows 2000, so 2000 is the start of the "Windows 5" family.
Why are we supposed to believe that varients of 95 were 98 and ME when at the time they were advertised as a new O/S?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:53 AM   #28
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomamon View Post
Why are we supposed to believe that varients of 95 were 98 and ME when at the time they were advertised as a new O/S?
Speaking strictly as a Mac user, I would assume that was because even though major revisions (10.1, 10.2, Panther, Leopard, Tiger) come years apart and cost hundreds of dollars apiece, they're all still just revisions of OS X (10.0).

Edit: In other words, the underlying architecture didn't change, so while the version has a different name, it's still the same operating system.

Last edited by Curtis; 01-21-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:02 AM   #29
billethius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Speaking strictly as a Mac user, I would assume that was because even though major revisions (10.1, 10.2, Panther, Leopard, Tiger) come years apart and cost hundreds of dollars apiece, they're all still just revisions of OS X (10.0).

Edit: In other words, the underlying architecture didn't change, so while the version has a different name, it's still the same operating system.
Exactly - 95. 98, and ME were all DOS with a GUI on top of it. Windows XP, and everything since, was based on Windows Server 2000 (also referred to as NT5).
billethius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #30
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza View Post
I thought Windows 2000 was derived from Windows NT.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #31
thomamon
Global Moderator

If Windows 7 is really an off spring of Vista, is it really Windows 7 then? Or just 6b?

I just installed it on another partition and I'm downloading OOTP now
Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #32
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I thought Windows 2000 was derived from Windows NT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billethius View Post
Windows XP, and everything since, was based on Windows Server 2000 (also referred to as NT5).
I THINK billethius' answer covered that (unless I misunderstood…).
Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #33
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomamon View Post
Why are we supposed to believe that variants of 95 were 98 and ME when at the time they were advertised as a new O/S?
Advertising lets you violate the Laws of Thermodynamics as well as Logic, Fair Play, and Common Sense.

I mean, they use showering race car drivers to sell stuff nowadays.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #34
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

"Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill pail." - George Orwell

But look on the bright side. In some American newspapers, the advertisements are the most honest and accurate parts of the paper.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #35
anelson02
Bat Boy

Windows 7 Beta Build 7000

anyone running OOTP on Windows 7? I have build 7000 of the Windows 7 software, which I must say I really like so far, but OOTP continues to crash. It will load, go into game, and then let's say I select roster, front office, go to view salary report and try to select a player, it freezes and has to be re-booted...I know W7 is probably this issue just was wondering if anyone else was successful
anelson02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #36
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson02 View Post
anyone running OOTP on Windows 7? I have build 7000 of the Windows 7 software, which I must say I really like so far, but OOTP continues to crash. It will load, go into game, and then let's say I select roster, front office, go to view salary report and try to select a player, it freezes and has to be re-booted...I know W7 is probably this issue just was wondering if anyone else was successful
Yes, I've had no issues with Windows 7 thus far. However, I will try to replicate what you've done and see what happens.

Edit: Have you tried this in more then one league?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #37
Tony M
Global Moderator

I'm going to put these posts in the thread about Windows 7 in the main forum. As it's not a supported operating system, we can't really help with issues if the game doesn't run correctly, but others who have got it working may be able to.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #38
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No issues with Windows 7 and OOTP 9 either. I will try to replicate your freezing problem as well.
ootp3to6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #39
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just tried what you have been trying to do and selected Vernon Wells of the Toronto Blue Jays and his salary report appears without freezing. Next I selected Lyle Overbay and his salary report appears without freezing. OOTP 9
seems to be working fine with Windows 7 for me.

Please note that I have checked the "Run this program as an administrator" on the compatibility tab for the OOTP 9 executable file.

Last edited by ootp3to6; 01-30-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #40
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ootp3to6 View Post
I just tried what you have been trying to do and selected Vernon Wells of the Toronto Blue Jays and his salary report appears without freezing. Next I selected Lyle Overbay and his salary report appears without freezing. OOTP 9
seems to be working fine with Windows 7 for me.

Please note that I have checked the "Run this program as an administrator" on the compatibility tab for the OOTP 9 executable file.
As a test, I unchecked the "Run this program as an administrator" on the compatibility tab for the OOTP 9 executable file and selected salary reports for same players mentioned above, and OOTP 9 does not freeze.