Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2015, 04:35 AM   #1
beezer37_84
Bat Boy

offered contacts workaround?

I love the game but the bug that causes failed contract offers to stay on the books is a killer.

What does everyone else do to deal with this? Is there a workaround? Do you just switch teams at some point? Perhaps something in commish mode can help?

Thanks,
beezer37_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #2
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer37_84 View Post
I love the game but the bug that causes failed contract offers to stay on the books is a killer.

What does everyone else do to deal with this? Is there a workaround? Do you just switch teams at some point? Perhaps something in commish mode can help?

Thanks,
In manager screen the contracts section (middle right) the offered contracts are there and the failed/rejected ones are in grey. If you right click on either contract offer one of the choices is to remove the offer. I do that and it comes off the books and the offer sheets, the player usually will not negotiate with you for a while afterwards, but it clears the cap space in my game.

Hope it helps.
Attached Images
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #3
beezer37_84
Bat Boy

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately it seems like that is only possible when the player is still a free agent. If they reject your offer and accept one from another team at the same time they disappear from that list and that money is locked up forever (to the best of my knowledge).
Old 01-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #4
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I haven't looked in a long time but is this logged for them to look at?
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #5
beezer37_84
Bat Boy

I posted about it in the bug report thread but the only response I received was from another user (the post after mine):

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3742877

Then I got frustrated and didn't play for a while. I made this thread hoping someone had figured out a good workaround since the next patch isn't finished yet.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #6
Jaurxe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The only alternative I found to this (doesn't happen as much after the latest patch though) is to use a cheat engine like ArtMoney to simply set the value to zero. It gets easy after the first few times, but it's a pain.
Jaurxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #7
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
I posted about it in the bug report thread but the only response I received was from another user (the post after mine):

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3742877

Then I got frustrated and didn't play for a while. I made this thread hoping someone had figured out a good workaround since the next patch isn't finished yet.
Beezer37_84

My question is are you deleting your offers prior to the July 01 new season? Maybe I do it strange but I usually try to lock up players I want as soon as the new season begins (July 01) - which gives me a full year before they go. If I haven't signed them by the time the season ends - you can be pretty sure they don't want to play for you anymore

The other part of doing that is I have a pretty good idea of who I'm jettisoning by the time the season starts and I can usually deal the player for something good in return - and no CAP penalties occur that way.

If you look at my post above, both Ville Husso and Burroughs are under contract for this current year but rejected my contract offer - they both will probably be trade bait shortly and I'll look for prospects to replace them. I do not have any other player unsigned at the end of the year and I'm only two games into the season.

Can you post a screenshot of the lost CAP money -- in case I'm not understanding what your saying?

Last edited by moore4807; 01-20-2015 at 08:26 PM. Reason: final question
Old 01-21-2015, 12:20 AM   #8
beezer37_84
Bat Boy

I agree that resigning people isn't as bad because no one else can touch them during the process.

But for free agents it's a different story
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-21-2015, 01:30 AM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

A ticket is posted regarding the issue.

It is not cap space that is affected, but rather appears to be your team budget. You are very close to the cap already.

I have a feeling that number resets after the season, and maybe if commissioner mode is activated it might not matter, but I have not confirmed. I will recreate it in my game tomorrow evening and see if i can find out more.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-21-2015 at 01:34 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #10
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
I agree that resigning people isn't as bad because no one else can touch them during the process.

But for free agents it's a different story
My turn to go Doh!, I was focusing on the CAP number and totally missed the FA money went down. I never paid attention to that number and just used the CAP numbers Feelin silly and dumb...

Thanks to Dave for working on it!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:42 AM   #11
beezer37_84
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I have a feeling that number resets after the season, and maybe if commissioner mode is activated it might not matter, but I have not confirmed. I will recreate it in my game tomorrow evening and see if i can find out more.
It has never reset for me and I've gone a few years with the same team before. When it gets to the point that I can't sign anyone I usually take a job offer in a different league so I can move on.

I haven't dabbled too much with commish mode so here's hoping!