Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:55 PM   #1
Subliminal
Minors (Single A)

Pitchers losing movement skill when switching to OOTP20

Since moving to OOTP20 we have noticed a huge drop in pitchers movement across the board leading to an increase in homers league wide. The issue beginning when we moved to OOTP20 may be purely coincidental but it's clear that since that time pitchers movement ratings just aren't very high and pitchers that had excellent movement skills are plummeting.

We run off the 1-100 rating system and within our league only 107 pitchers have a movement skill over 60, only 16 over 70, and only 1 over 80 (82) in a league of 30 teams.

We have played with the league stats a bit to lower the amount of homers and hits, however it does not seem to be helping (albeit in a small sample size). Our leagues ERA has jumped in the past couple seasons from mid 3s to now in the mid 4s. The record for homers given up in a season was set last season at 49 by two different pitchers and of the top 100 homeruns given up in a season (after 15 seasons) , 27 of 100 are from our last season.

I'm curious what I can do to fix this, or should I even bother and just let it play out? It's just disturbing to see a pitcher that had an 80/80/80 rating drop to 80/50/80 and now is giving up homers like a pitching machine. I know that is just one example, but the norm used to be 60-70 movement for a top pitcher, now you're just happy if a guy has 50 movement.

Maybe I'm just getting worked up over nothing, but you can see a clear drop of about 10-20 points of movement on almost every pitcher in the league since we switched over to OOTP20. I believe we have played 2 seasons in OOTP20 and our league ERA continues to climb.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Link to the league below if anyone is curious.

http://www.ontarioleagues.ca/oba/htm..._100_home.html

Thanks!
Subliminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:01 PM   #2
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

My guess this is because of the huge increase in HR rates in MLB recently.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:46 PM   #3
Subliminal
Minors (Single A)

Would that affect a fictional league? I guess if it started using 2019 stats. We did drop the stats a bit in the preseason but I didn't run autocalcs as suggested by another post so I am unsure if my changes are actually going to do anything.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:22 PM   #4
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I think a fictional league that uses current financials and league modifiers would be affected. I don't know enough about importing leagues to new versions so this is just speculation but I remember this being talked about on the forums early on after the release of OOTPXX.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:09 AM   #5
Subliminal
Minors (Single A)

Well it sounds like others have seen this issue or a similar one then.

So, now the next question is how do I fix it? Is there an easy way to bump everyone's movement back up or to have the game do it, even if it's a gradual change? Like I said I've played with the stats settings but we're still seeing ridiculous homer numbers, although again it's only a month into the season.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I imagine that you'd want to turn down the HR rate as the simplest way to get pitchers to give up less HR. I haven't played much with those kinds of settings so I can't help much. There should be some info on these forums from previous threads though that have concentrated on tinkering with the modifiers to get the desired output.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:53 PM   #7
Subliminal
Minors (Single A)

Ya that's what we did for now, we'll see how it shakes out. Thanks for the info I appreciate it!
Old 01-27-2021, 08:59 PM   #8
ttomae8833
Bat Boy

I have noticed the same thing in my league. No pitchers have movement over 60, and that's if they are lucky. Everyone now sits mostly in the 20-40 range, so pitchers are getting absolutely rocked. Like yourself, I had to jigger the numbers a ton to bring stats back in line, but who wants to constantly have to do this when the game typically evolved naturally?
ttomae8833 is offline   Reply With Quote