Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
Jthrop2024
Bat Boy

Fantasy League

My fellow fantasy league players and I are wanting to do a simulated season on this game. I am new to this game so I don't know how it works, but is there a way to set up a 12 team league with actual MLB players?
Jthrop2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:42 AM   #2
jpmeyer
Bat Boy

Trying this

Started trying this today. I'm about 5 hours in on a 16-team league, but here's what I'm doing ...

1. Create new league (use commish option to control all teams)
2. Create new teams in division under League Settings > fuctions > Edit League Structure
3. Delete real MLB teams
4. Schedule a "Fantasy draft" League Settings > funtions
5. I started to do a draft, but that was a pain in the ass, so I did an autodfraft.
6. Now, to get players on their correct teams. I thought about doing a bunch of trades, but instead I exported the lineups. That creates a .txt file that includes a number code for every team. Change that number for the players, save file and import it and players get back on teams. The system uses a "-" for free agents, so set that for free agents that the computer drafted.
7. Make free agent offers for any players that weren't drafted contract offers (again as commish you won't be bidding against computer teams). I upped the offers over the players demand by a couple milion as staying under budget was not a problem for any of my teams.

That's where I am now. It's probably not the most efficient way, but I'm slowly but surely making progress. I also turned off injuries and am not doing a spring training, which are options you can change. Good luck!
jpmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 05:06 PM   #3
coreych
Bat Boy

I've finally been able to do it

Start a normal league, clear the rosters from the league, then delete all the MLB teams and replace them with the teams in your fantasy league. Schedule a free agent draft, start the draft, export draft order and results. Make note of the file location it exported out of, then follow that file location to open the draft results file in excel. You should see a "player" column with a bunch of zeros. Open the draft pool csv file to see the complete player pool and copy the player IDs into the far right column, you will either delete this column later or just don't save the file. Now go to your fantasy league site and download everyone's rosters. in your league roster excel file perform a vlookup function =vlookup(player name column,draft pool table starting at the player name column and including the second player ID column, column number of the second player ID column, false).

That VLookup will return the player ID of each player in your fantasy league, some might return N/A. This is likely because the names don't match, try slight variations on player names like changing "Steven Souza" to "Steven Souza Jr." or "Jake Junis" to "Jakob Junis". Now you just need to import the player IDs for the player on each team into the draft results. This might be as simple as copy-pasting, or it might require another vlookup function.

Then you just need to set the league settings to whatever you want in the league. Instead of downloading the draft results and doing what I described above you could just draft into each team player by player. I tried that, I got about halfway done in about 10 hours then my computer restarted and I hadn't saved, so I lost about half my progress and went in search of a better way. If you have a VERY small league (8 teams or less I would think, maybe 10 will be tolerable, but it will take you a while) you can just manually draft the players in and it shouldn't be too small.

Also be sure in league settings to set roster size to the size of your league's actual rosters otherwise I assume the program is going to want to fill the extra roster spots with someone. I would also recommend turning off computer front offices and injuries unless your leaguemates are going to adjust their rosters as people get hurt.
coreych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #4
jpmeyer
Bat Boy

My attempt failed

Couldn't get players to sign free agent contracts
Old 04-18-2020, 10:31 PM   #5
coreych
Bat Boy

players signing free agent contracts

This is in the free agent draft? That seems strange, two things I did because I didn't want team finances to get in the way of building any team, I turned off the financial system, and then I also in the exported player list turned the minimum salary demand for all players to zero.

I've gotten this to work, I haven't actually started the season, but I've done it, so I would be happy to help folks troubleshoot because I wish there were a resource for me to go to on this.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:37 PM   #6
coreych
Bat Boy

Another thing to watch out for

If you use my vlookup method, you might end up with the wrong player when multiple players have the same name. Did you know there's a minor league third baseman named Edwin Diaz? It took me some manual editing to fix those, I identified them by looking at the rosters, which in my case should have all been 14 hitters and 9 pitchers and I went into each team and changed the draft file when they only had 8 pitchers or had 10 pitchers. It was just a bunch of players who had players with the same name and my vlookup identified the wrong one because it picked the first one in the list. I also had some issues with people who were both hitters and pitchers, that was partly a result of how CBS specifically treats the Shohei Ohtani's of the world.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:56 PM   #7
jpmeyer
Bat Boy

Yours worked for me. Thank you very much! I was on a Mac, so had to use the crummy "numbers" program and couldn't get a roster list, so ended up just copy and pasting the player IDs (took 2 hours).

The players with multiple names thing tripped me up a bit, but you can go into the game and find right player ID under the "Editing" tab on the player pages.