Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:52 AM   #3801
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G307 Update

Annandale jumps to first out of the gate, Sanguine, Ozark close behind

Ignore the empty column in the spreadsheet, it's not a mistake, it's there on purpose I tell you!

Code:
Our League Standings - G307 - 2036			
			W	L	Pct
Annandale Atom Smashers	8	4	.667
Sanguine Classics	5	3	.625
Ozark Bobcats		7	5	.583
Janesville Onyx		2	2	.500
Texas Strangers		2	2	.500
Redmond Defenders	2	4	.333
Harbour Town Falcons	1	3	.250
Tacoma Aroma		1	5	.167

x
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:53 AM   #3802
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I pulled this card for Yasmani Grandall. He's going for around 6000 in the AH. I know nothing about current baseball. He's obviously pretty good (94 OVR). With the way PT is adjusting the ratings, does he have a shot to go up to 100, or should I unload him now? His card says +4, but I assume that's the season total. Thanks.
I would sell him. He's not going to 100.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:22 AM   #3803
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Looks like we are going to have a very competitive season in bronze if the first month is any indication.
I have Asheboro going 10 - 5. I don't think you counted the Philadelphia Patriots, the owner is glenn. That team has been a part of Our League.

Last edited by STLRS95; 07-23-2019 at 08:41 AM.
STLRS95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:55 AM   #3804
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
I have Asheboro going 10 - 5. I don't think you counted the Philadelphia Patriots, the owner is glenn. That team has been a part of Our League.
you are correct they weren't marked. I will update tomorrow including Philadelphia
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:16 AM   #3805
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
it's like the rest of us are little league players in comparison.... I just looked at his history tab....

16 time pitcher of the year
13 time MVP
PP lifetime earned: 116840 (that's about half of what my team has earned total )
Now you know how wasteful I am with PP.

And thanks for calling out the no-no. I was in a hurry this morning and totally missed it. I've been waiting for him to do that for a loooong time.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:19 AM   #3806
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Iron.213

No a lot of action in Iron.213 yet. I'll update tonight when I get home. I did notice that Jimmy Key threw a no-hitter for Stephensville. (and has gone 0-2 with 8.79 ERA since)

Old 07-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #3807
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post

And thanks for calling out the no-no. I was in a hurry this morning and totally missed it. I've been waiting for him to do that for a loooong time.
nah, it's fun to spend it.... and speaking from first hand experience, any time I get more than 20K in my war chest, it starts to burn a hole in my pocket and I'm itching to get rid of it

I'm always a bit shocked when I look at my point tracking sheet and see that I've earned over 227K points... that's a lot of spending for a ftp team....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #3808
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post

So I was your first victim, or he just hasn't done it for a while?

Glad the Vikings have that honour, they're supposed to be my hard-hitting team...

Last edited by Argonaut; 07-23-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #3809
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
you are correct they weren't marked. I will update tomorrow including Philadelphia

The Philadelphia Patriots are one of the two OL teams from PT 19 that came over with the same name, the Port Ruppert Mundys being the other. They also won the only World Series between OL teams in 19, against Port Ruppert. They were also the recipients of the inaugural Founders Cup, which I posted some time back in this thread. The World Series screen shots are also up somewhere back in this thread. Guess I should put up the Cup again, since we've added a lot of new folks.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:50 PM   #3810
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

By the way...

I sold the Grandal, netting a little over 6K. Thanks for your advice.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:18 PM   #3811
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

More advice...

Is my heart overtaking my head? I really liked Jim Maloney when I was a kid. One of my favorite non-Mets. He twice lost no-hiiters against the Amazins, one in the 10th for sure, and the other might have been in the 11th. Anyway, he's up for 12K in the AH. Thinking of him a a closer, to get Mike Flanagan back into the rotation.Thoughts?
Attached Images
Old 07-23-2019, 06:28 PM   #3812
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Is my heart overtaking my head? I really liked Jim Maloney when I was a kid. One of my favorite non-Mets. He twice lost no-hiiters against the Amazins, one in the 10th for sure, and the other might have been in the 11th. Anyway, he's up for 12K in the AH. Thinking of him a a closer, to get Mike Flanagan back into the rotation.Thoughts?
12K is way higher than I'd go for a (converted) reliever with that control.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:49 PM   #3813
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

caught this in the Diamond league news feed..... perfect game for Ubaldo Jimenez of Luckenbach!
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:41 PM   #3814
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:

I would try to bet on the 8K first. If the card is ~7K all-time and assuming he is not part of any collection mission, 12K is harsh. I am all for managers getting who they like so I support your decision, but that's a biased and not a win-first view.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:58 PM   #3815
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I would try to bet on the 8K first. If the card is ~7K all-time and assuming he is not part of any collection mission, 12K is harsh. I am all for managers getting who they like so I support your decision, but that's a biased and not a win-first view.
He's on the Reds, so even without looking I am willing to bet he's part of a mission, which will drive up his price a bit.

I really hate overpaying for cards - but with missions the prices of many cards have been pushed up above their older prices.So it's a tough call.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #3816
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
caught this in the Diamond league news feed..... perfect game for Ubaldo Jimenez of Luckenbach!
Thanks! I need to go check my PP.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:21 PM   #3817
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Yeah, missions are making my team tougher to build with all the Japanese players keep getting used -- Ichiro is now not only part of the Player From Japan mission but Mariners as well, as if that card needs to get more expensive than now. The gold one is ridiculously costly. I am trying to get all the Latin Americans I need before they make missions about them and there are plenty of Latin Americans - players from Dominican Republic would be a huge mission - so I am sure the missions will eventually pop up.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #3818
allenciox
All Star Reserve

I would say "Just say no" about Maloney if your goal is to have a solid reliever. The analysis I have done on the game shows that control under 50 is bad (each point below 50 is worth almost 3 times as much as every point above 50).

You want a reliever that comes in to throw strikes.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:05 PM   #3819
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
So I was your first victim, or he just hasn't done it for a while?

Glad the Vikings have that honour, they're supposed to be my hard-hitting team...
Yes, his first. Maybe you'll catch him in the playoffs...he hasn't been great there.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:32 PM   #3820
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Iron .213 update

One 3-game series between Mudville and Gotham remaining this month, then not much OL action for awhile. Will update at the end.

Currently...
Attached Images