Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
lexjandr
Bat Boy

Help with names messing up

I get these weird characters with a lot of foreign players. Everyone from Haiti is also white.

Any idea how to fix this??
lexjandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:18 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it has to do with the character map / format...

did you export/import players, maybe? it'd be weird for this to just happen.

this would be a import of a character set that can't handle accents. or it has accents and the game can't handle it etc etc...

i can't recall the correct format, but the export you manipulated and saved... go back to that file and "save as" then select a different UTF type. utf9-1? i forget.

then, re-import whatever you did right before this happened.

as far as haitians being white, i can't help with that... maybe face gen settigns? maybe leauge settings->players or options? i wouldn't know where to start, but that's the 2 best places to start looking. if world xml contains that info per country, may need to edit that, etc etc... like the txt file for injuries, it just needs to be set to produce darker skin-tones or something similar ... somewhere. as long as we have access to it, you can fix it.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-16-2019 at 07:19 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:42 PM   #3
lexjandr
Bat Boy

Thanks, I did think it was a PC problem with the characters. But it solved when I just started another save. It only happened when importing a specific template so I'm guessing it was that.

The Haitian players faces and names were being drawn from the French one. I just switched it to French Caribbean and it was solved.
lexjandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:19 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

good stuff..

if you somehow see it in future, you don't have to throw out anything you've invested effort into.

export and save with proper character set. then, re-import.

heh, i was going to screenshot something, but windows 10 seems to be different... usualy during 'save as' there's an encoding drop down... but it is not showing the same stuff as win7.

just choose a different save as <encoding>... when one works with out borked names, make a note for future reference.

if that was a template that came with the game, that's not normal. i'm sure someone would have posted a bug about it by now, but if you can re-create it, it'd be good to let them know. if it came from someone else or your own making, well it'd still require some odd things for it to happen, if oyu didn't export, and re-import with wrong encoding.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-19-2019 at 05:20 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote