Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:59 AM   #1
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Rating changes and lineup issues

Dear OOTP Forum,

I am having some bugs. First one is my players' ratings change the next day or when I exit a game and then return to it later. Also, the pregame screen that shows both lineups, well when I start the game, my lineup changes. Never had these problems when I played this game last year. The last time I had played it was October of 2018. The only thing to have changed was updates and now I play the game on a new computer. Anyone else having these type of issues?

Thank you for your time,
Thegman0492
Thegman0492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #2
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Would option changes cause these problems or patches/updates? Did someone else have similar problems and if so, learned how to fix them? I did not read all of the forum posts since there are a lot of them. I could really use some help. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

I spent 40 dollars on this game. I came to these forums for help from the people who created this game! I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it many times. I did the Expansion Draft all over again twice. Signed coaches twice. It took me all day. I thought I finally had it figured out. This problem did not pop up last year when I played it all the way to October 2018. (Real life time not game time). Now, I have it installed and started a new Franchise Mode. Like I said, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times. I did not mess with options too much. I deleted saved games and started all over. So with this new team, I check their stats and they look good to go. However, when I exit the game and later, come back to it, the ratings have changed for no reason. And I still do not know why pregame they show one starting lineup and then change it when the game starts. Sorry, I was angry. I just need some help. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Thegman0492; 03-03-2019 at 08:30 AM. Reason: I apologize for being angry.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:19 AM   #4
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Quick Update

I have decided to try OOTP 17. I have not played it in a while so I thought I would see if this game gave me the same problems. I started a season and instead of changing the ratings after everytime I exited and entered the game, it changed after everytime I simmed a game during the season. Is that what is suppose to happen or is that not normal? If anyone has any feedback at all, I could really use your help. Thanks again for your time.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #5
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

I have Windows 10 Home
Old 03-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

How exactly did ratings change? There's a few cases that they will change:
-If a player changes position, his overall/potential ratings will change to reflect the new position
-If you have AI evaluation based heavily on stats, then as players accrue more stats, their ratings will change
-If you're playing without scouting enabled (or I believe with scouting set to 100%), then ratings can change anytime a scout has another look at a player, which could be daily/every time you open a player page

As for the lineup changing, if you are controlling substitutions then there should be no changes between the preview screen and starting the game. From your lineup/depth charts to the game, players may sub out due to the depth chart settings/fatigue.

For either of these issues, it does help if you include screenshots, as they can often point to options or selections that are not obvious how they will impact things changing underneath you when you don't expect it.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #7
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Thanks.

First off, thank you for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. The Now vs Potential ratings are the ones that are changing. Scouting is on and is bi monthly. I go by my scout. When I first played it, my ratings would only change when my scout took a look at my players. Now I can play a game and then go to roster and transactions page and they will be the same. However, if I exit the game and then re enter the game, their ratings will change. They might have been a 44 now with a potential of 46 and then that will change to a 45 now with a potential of 45. I have had several more extreme than that. I do not know how to take pictures in my game of the pages that you want to see. And, like I said before, this never happened before the patches since Oct 2018, roughly. I am so appreciative for your response and I am sorry that I am responding so late. I was out of town at a Wizard Con in Cleveland. If you could show me step by step of how to take pictures and other things that you need, that would be great.

PS I am sorry if I emailed or private messaged one of you several times. It never confirmed my sent message or email. So sorry.

Last edited by Thegman0492; 03-11-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #8
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

I sent an email to Alex showing the errors that have been occurring in the game recently. Like I said, these problems were not happening last year in October when I last played it. Thanks again for all your help and support.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:55 PM   #9
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Just Curious

Dear OOTP,

I was just wondering if Alex got my email that I sent through the ticket that I started? If he did, I was just wondering if the photos helped that I sent. Thank you again for your time.
Old 04-21-2019, 12:51 PM   #10
MorrisButtermaker
Minors (Single A)

Please delete this.

Please delete this.

Last edited by MorrisButtermaker; 04-21-2019 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Please delete this.
MorrisButtermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #11
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisButtermaker View Post
Please delete this.
Yeah, I did not get any real help from this thread so you can delete it. It is just me talking basically. I would delete it if I knew how to.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #12
Alex Murray
Major Leagues

Hey Thegman0492,

Yes your pictures did help. I did get them and the devs have been talking about this issue. I'm hoping that whatever bug is causing this is found. I'll keep you and this post appraised of whatever findings are discovered and changes made.

Thanks
Alex
Old 06-05-2019, 08:57 PM   #13
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Dear Alex,

Has the glitch been fixed?

Thank you for your help,
Nathan
Old 06-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #14
Alex Murray
Major Leagues

We have had a few reports similar and we were able to identify one potential bug that will be patched in the next release. We're hoping that solves the issue completely however we will be keeping in touch via the forums to make sure if more issues arise post patch release to get those looked into. The hardest part is finding real scouting/rating issues since there are tons of settings and options to tweak that could cause this to happen. But the Devs are hopeful they found the culprit.

Thanks
Alex
Old 06-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #15
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Alex,

Can you let us know when this patch will come out and when it does come out, if it works?

Thanks,
Nathan