Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Keith Hernandez 1984 defense has been altered

Apparently the Perfect Team gods have decided to change Keith's IF range without any notice. THIS IS NOT OKAY. He was rated 75 in IF range; he is now rated 60.

I invested all last season playing Keith Hernandez at SS. He was rated 75 in infield range, 55 infield error, and 60 each in infield arm and DP. He was rated 55 at SS by season's end.

After working so hard to create a playable LH shortstop with relatively strong batting ratings at a low acquisition price, the game has just destroyed all of his value to me. He is now rated 45 at SS, with no prospect of improving. Obviously, the Keith Hernandez SS experiment is no longer viable. This is very upsetting.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

The most benevolent gods have restored Keith's IF range to 75. Thank you.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Good. It's ridiculous to have a LH shortstop. They may as well make cartoon alien baseball player cards if you want that.

There is no possible way on earth that Keith Hernandez should have the same range as Ozzie Smith at SS.

That he is allowed to play SS at all is the bug. Not that his range was reduced. He should have a 0 at SS.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

FYI it is a bug in-game that he can learn SS at all, as left-handed throwers should not be able to play 2b/SS/3B. So be warned that in a future update, he may lose that ability, so you should think about alternate options there.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #5
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Good. It's ridiculous to have a LH shortstop.
I don't disagree, but in fantasy as in real life, teams are always looking to exploit market inefficiencies. When I performed a search for a LH-hitting infielder with sufficient range to play shortstop, I was not expecting to see a LH-throwing 1b appear on the list. IRL, Hernandez did have remarkable range. Of course, he never played other IF positions. But the game was telling me that here is a player that has all of the necessary ratings to play a respectable shortshop, so I figured, why not try it? Part of the joy of playing a game like this is discovering hidden gems that will sparkle if put into a position to succeed.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:54 PM   #6
tward13
All Star Starter

This is ridiculous,. Keith had great range at 1B, not at SS.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #7
waybackwhen
Bat Boy

I have the Hernandez 79 card and his range has been nerfed to a 65. I saw this card in another league on my second team and it was correct in terms of defense.
waybackwhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:22 PM   #8
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Now his range is back down to 60 (from 75), with his SS rating going down from 55 to 45. Again, this is not really okay.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #9
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Now his range is back down to 60 (from 75), with his SS rating going down from 55 to 45. Again, this is not really okay.
Agreed. His SS rating should be 0.
EvvCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #10
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Thankfully the devs are a bit more open-minded about things. I would like to know why his rating keeps yo-yoing though. Regardless of whether he is allowed to play SS, making random rating changes in-season is a bit upsetting.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #11
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Matt Arnold is a dev who responded upthread, and he and Markus responded to this thread all about Hernandez in the main PT forum (scroll up for Markus's post at #48):

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...61#post4403561

I guess I assumed the change was made before this PT season started, but if it only happened sometime today, well, you're right, that's a pain. But this is a conscious decision by the devs to fix a bug, not a bug in itself.

ETA: I will yield to the devs when it comes to seeing the old/new ratings throughout the day, but I assume it has something to do with data locally on your computer vs. from the server.

Last edited by Threnodas; 12-10-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:02 PM   #12
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Ya, it is fine, I already have Jay Bell and he's a stellar SS, but I wish they would have made this change between seasons. I understand where they are coming from, but I don't agree with it. I will adapt though, no worries. But I do wish the policy was changes only between seasons to allow people not to have to scramble midseason.