Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:19 PM   #1
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

I've lost roster control!

I have (and always have had) all the control settings set for me to manage the roster and reserve roster, not the AI.

Suddenly today, after (apparently) every game, the AI has moved players to my reserve and changed both my roster and my lineups even though I'm still set to do all management.

Now, I'm sitting here with guys on reserve for 14 days that I want active through nothing I've changed. HELP!!!
EvvCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:49 PM   #2
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

More weirdness...

First, it just happened again, though not with as many players. After the 4:30 CST game I had a pitcher moved to reserve and a different one called up.

Also after that game, Ichiro (who is on my active roster now because the guy I want in that spot got moved by the AI and is stuck on reserve) had (13) -- 13 in parenthesis -- beside his name like he would if he were reserved and had 13 days before he could be recalled. I've not seen that on any player on an active roster.

It feels like I accidentally checked the "Hire a drunk GM" option and can't undo it now!
Old 12-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #3
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

This is not getting better.

Now, after every game, I have more players serving their 14 day restricted time on my reserve roster, but they've never been active!

It seems that after every game, some random(?) player gets a "(14)" beside his name.

This seems to be headed toward becoming a real problem...
Old 12-05-2018, 11:34 PM   #4
beatle
All Star Reserve

Same here! My reserve player who covers several positions got moved to the reserve list. I too have complete control. Now a player who has no experience or ratings covers some of those positions. Of course I can't change the situation for 14 days. I have had a few crashes as well.
We need a fix.

Beatle
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:37 PM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I've let Markus know and he'll look into it when he gets up.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:47 PM   #6
beatle
All Star Reserve

The AI changed my line-ups and depth charts as well. No control. I did change the settings to speed up the pack opening speed. I just changed it back.

Beatle
Old 12-05-2018, 11:51 PM   #7
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Thanks Matt. It's really frustrating, seeing these unwanted roster moves and even some wonky lineup changes. I'm working around it for now by deactivating my guys on reserve as their 14-days expire, so they don't get hit with another two week break.

I'd love to get mad and really raise heck about it, but I'm like 12-3 since this started, so I guess it's possible the AI just got frustrated with my approach and decided to take things into its own hands to straighten things out...
Old 12-06-2018, 03:46 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

This only happens when your team fails our safety checks for ensuring it is set up in a proper manner. So, if you have position players in your pitching staff who can't pitch, or incomplete lineups or an incomplete pitching rotation etc. the AI is forced on your team. Make sure this team is set up properly, with a 4 or 5 man rotation out of pitchers, a proper bullpen and proper lineups.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:51 AM   #9
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

I saw a similar answer given to someone else without elaboration. What makes an improper bullpen or lineup?

I have a 5-man rotation. Always have.

I have six pitchers in the bullpen. Always have.

I have lineups set vs. both RHP and LHP with players in proper positions. Always have.

Based on your reply, the only thing I can *guess* is that leaving relievers with unspecified roles might be the issue. I have tried removing roles from pitchers in my bullpen because I got tired of seeing my closer pitch the 9th inning of a tie game and wanted to experiment with other pitchers in late-game situations. It doesn't seem like a "bullpen by committee" approach should cause this though.

That also does nothing to explain why players on my reserve roster who have never been on my active roster suddenly got that "(14)" stuck on them.

There's something more going on. I'll be happy to help you figure this out if you need more info from me.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #10
Galeg
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvvCat View Post
I saw a similar answer given to someone else without elaboration. What makes an improper bullpen or lineup?

I have a 5-man rotation. Always have.

I have six pitchers in the bullpen. Always have.

I have lineups set vs. both RHP and LHP with players in proper positions. Always have.

Based on your reply, the only thing I can *guess* is that leaving relievers with unspecified roles might be the issue. I have tried removing roles from pitchers in my bullpen because I got tired of seeing my closer pitch the 9th inning of a tie game and wanted to experiment with other pitchers in late-game situations. It doesn't seem like a "bullpen by committee" approach should cause this though.

That also does nothing to explain why players on my reserve roster who have never been on my active roster suddenly got that "(14)" stuck on them.

There's something more going on. I'll be happy to help you figure this out if you need more info from me.

I think the reason guys you never put on your team get the cool down is because the AI just adds the highest rated players off your reserve roster until it meets whatever threshold it thinks is correct.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #11
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
I think the reason guys you never put on your team get the cool down is because the AI just adds the highest rated players off your reserve roster until it meets whatever threshold it thinks is correct.
Can't be that simple. All afternoon/evening yesterday I had one random player get the "(14)" after every game. Sometimes high rated, sometimes low rated, and always one per game.

I also had Ichiro get the "(14)" while he was active. It counted down like it would on reserve, and I could put him in my lineup, but the AI always changed my lineup when the game was played, so I don't think he ever saw action.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:01 PM   #12
krazifan
Bat Boy

This happened to me too. Came in this morning to see my lineup and rotation completely changed. All of my lineups and rotations were perfectly fine as well. I have 5 starters strict, 6 bullpen. The only backup player who doesn't have a rating is I have Tony Pena Sr (C only) as my backup 1B. The game sent down my starting left fielder and brought up a backup 1B as well as a crappy reliever.
krazifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:14 PM   #13
Galeg
Major Leagues

Did you make any team changes before closing the game when this happened? If so, maybe the changes didn't all get submitted?
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #14
krazifan
Bat Boy

No changes on my team. It was cruising along at .700+
krazifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #15
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Following up...

I set everybody in my bullpen to middle relief/normal usage, with no secondary roles, and everything appears to be behaving today.

I'm starting to think leaving relievers' roles as "None specified" is the problem. Do the safety checks require relief roles?
Old 12-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #16
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This only happens when your team fails our safety checks for ensuring it is set up in a proper manner. So, if you have position players in your pitching staff who can't pitch, or incomplete lineups or an incomplete pitching rotation etc. the AI is forced on your team. Make sure this team is set up properly, with a 4 or 5 man rotation out of pitchers, a proper bullpen and proper lineups.
This is cool and all.. making sure teams have rosters in place that make sense.. but I'm running a pre 1940 team and only having 8 or so pitchers active was normal and the stamina ratings reflect this and it works this way. So this "safety check" is a bit frustrating.
genuvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #17
beatle
All Star Reserve

There is one more thing. The AI is not following the lineup card and yes the graph depth chart is correct. What I mean is the exact order. The AI is changing the order from what I decided it should be. And yes, I should be in complete control.

Beatle
Old 12-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #18
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Im really tired of the game deciding how my lineups and pitching should look like and then I have to fix it every day... Please fix this

Im not sure how many games I might have lost due to this but.. dang

Last edited by genuvar; 12-07-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #19
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

The problem has stopped for me since I started making sure every single pitcher in my bullpen has an assigned role.

I can *kind of* accept that maybe the AI took over for that reason. (Not to say it SHOULD have, just that it did.) But even with that, I still don't get the driver behind putting a player on a 14-day break every game, or how Ichiro stayed on my active roster during his two weeks off.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:02 PM   #20
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Right now I have a 6 man rotation (which I will probably change back to a 5 man once I organize stuff) and 3 relievers set to middle relief so I have more control of their usage.

Curt Davis - Stamina 97
Red Faber - Stamina 111
Burleigh Grimes - Stamina 111
Carl Hubbell - Stamina 111
Joe McGinnity - Stamina 111
Cy Young - Stamina 111

These guys can pitch complete games easily so the 3 relievers are really only if they need to be hooked for whatever reason. So, as I did with no issue in beta, I would really like to run my team with 8 pitchers and 17 hitters. Yes it seems like a crazy number in todays game but I wanted to do something different and I thought these options would be available in perfect team.

Also...
I went to the championship in beta with this setup and, considering the competition in my league now, am 59-51 (without counting how many games I lost because the game decided that I needed more pitchers and put some iron guys into my rotation).

Last edited by genuvar; 12-07-2018 at 01:05 PM.