Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:15 PM   #1
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Post [UpperDeck] HockeyCard 2019-20 Series-1 UD-Portraits

Obviously this whole thing with player cards in hockey (or sports in general) is a much bigger deal in North America than it is here in Europe (at least I'm not noticing that it would be).
So I'm guessing most of you (North Americans) would like to see mods from existing real-life hockey cards, rather than selfmade fantasy creations.

My knowledge about this is very basic, so I kinda randomly picked one card to kick it off.
"Upper Deck" seems to be the biggest player, so that was the obvious choice to me. I picked that particular card because it seemed to be relatively easy to use it for FHM (relatively...).
I'll attach the "original" I used in a following post. Meanwhile I saw there are different versions/variations of the one I utilized. Don't really have a clou why that is, again, almost zero knowledge about this.

Feel free to make suggestions and recommendations.

cheers

Unzip and replace the "modern" folder under your saved_games or quickstart_games directory.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2019-20_UpperDeck_Series-1_UD-Portraits.zip (498.7 KB, 115 views)
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:18 PM   #2
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

original card

as seen here >> https://www.beckett.com/news/2019-20...-hockey-cards/
or here >> https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...1-hockey-cards
Attached Images
Old 02-01-2022, 03:44 PM   #3
jumpSeat
All Star Reserve

Wow! For someone who didn't grow up knee-deep in hockey cards this is nice work. Speaking as a born-and-bred North American, I fondly remember 'shooting cards' nearly everyday during lunch and recess at school. It was definitely a big thing and very tricky not to get immersed in.

So thanks for bridging the culture gap, and bringing us another fine addition to our growing card-mod library. Greatly appreciated!!
jumpSeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:44 PM   #4
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

That's sexy!!
Old 02-02-2022, 05:33 AM   #5
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickphillies View Post
That's sexy!!
Thanks!

What I really don't like is how it looks when first name and last name are very different in length.
Couldn't find a way to solve this and asked about it in the "Modding Player Cards" thread >> https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...64#post4861864

Hope there will be a way to prevent this, otherwise this issue would occur on any card where both names are sitting in one line.
Attached Images
Old 02-02-2022, 12:20 PM   #6
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk78 View Post
Thanks!

What I really don't like is how it looks when first name and last name are very different in length.
Couldn't find a way to solve this and asked about it in the "Modding Player Cards" thread >> https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...64#post4861864

Hope there will be a way to prevent this, otherwise this issue would occur on any card where both names are sitting in one line.
So First and last name are their own block, if I'm not mistaken. You're also able to align it(left/center/right)

So what you could do is align the first name at say....175x/75y then do the last name 180x/75y (depending on how big you want the name "boxes").

It's a trial and error kinda thing at the moment
Old 02-03-2022, 04:18 AM   #7
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickphillies View Post
So First and last name are their own block, if I'm not mistaken. You're also able to align it(left/center/right)

So what you could do is align the first name at say....175x/75y then do the last name 180x/75y (depending on how big you want the name "boxes").

It's a trial and error kinda thing at the moment
That's certainly not working.
This is not about "trial and error", it's about not being possible to do this properly. Depending on the names, you will always end up with gaps, offsets, overlaps - no matter how and where you set and align it.
The way it's currently working, if you're putting first and last name in one line you're not getting a decent result with certain names. No chance. Matter of logic.

Why do you think they put all names on all default cards on different lines?