Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 06-20-2017, 01:00 AM   #1
reubenco
Bat Boy

Vast International Fictional Quick-start

Hi everybody. I have a fictional game world that I have been working on for quite some time, and I thought people might enjoy if I posted it as an OOTP 18 quick-start.

First of all, I want to say that this was originally based on a quick-start for OOTP 16 called United Baseball League. I don't know where one could find that now, in fact I remember just finding it one time in my OOTP mods area and not even downloading it myself, but if anybody has heard of it or recognizes it within my game please let me know so that I can give credit to whoever created it.

However, I have done a lot to that game and it looks pretty unrecognizable now. In the UBL, I started right off with a fantasy draft, and in the seasons since then I have relocated, realigned and rebranded many of the teams, given them all good logos (some of which I found on this forum, designed by the great knuckler) and changed some league rules.

Apart from the UBL, I have created an array of leagues around the world. They all have their own rules and interact with each other in different ways, and I think they are the best thing about this quick-start. They include:

-Arabic Baseball Association (has one minor league level, UBL teams can trade with ABA teams and they share a free agent pool, this league develops some of its own players but is also a destination for many washed-up UBL players)
-European Capitals Championship (a tournament among European countries, this league develops its own players who can be purchased by UBL teams for $10 million, formerly $3 million, changed in order to adjust frequency of these transactions)
-Free Cuban League (this league is based on the real Cuban league but in a world with no Cuban embargo, league can trade freely with the UBL but has a limit on the number of foreign players a team can have, league has an age limit after which players enter the UBL free agent pool)
-Canadian Baseball League (teams based on the Canadian Football League teams, can trade with UBL teams and shares a free agent pool)
-Two independent leagues: the London Premiere League (originally based on premiere league soccer teams in London, later expanded to include teams from other parts of England) and the Ontario Baseball League (with teams in all the major cities of Canada's largest province)

This gives the player a lot of flexibility and more different ways to find talent for their team than you would have in a standard league. At the same time, CPU teams have also managed to benefit from these pipelines, so it is not just an advantage to the player. If you use this quick-start, of course you can mess around with the rules and see if you find a system that you like better. If you do, I would love to hear about it. Enjoy!!!

Download via Dropbox, HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jwysst1hk....quick.7z?dl=0

Last edited by reubenco; 03-29-2018 at 06:34 PM.
reubenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

very cool. Will DL and check it out.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:29 AM   #3
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Sounds like an awesome quickstart. Thank you for taking the time and creating. I am downloading now!
Old 07-01-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Very cool QS! Enjoying my first hour or so exploring the league and what not! Nice!
Sizeman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:31 AM   #5
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Does this quickstart lag for anybody else? I am trying to play it and it moves really slow between menus and screens. I have i5-6500, rx480, 8gb ram and playing off a Solid state drive. Thanks!