Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2016, 03:58 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM2 Update #5, Version 2.5.39, Now Available!

Our fifth update for FHM2, version 2.5.39, has just been released.

To apply the update if you are playing the eSellerate version of the game, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. If you are on Steam, the update should occur automatically, either as soon as we make the file available or when you launch the game, depending on your Steam settings.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but any fixes involving the database updates in the update will require a new start to be fully effective, and some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

General notes: We've done some more under-the-hood work in this version, in addition to the usual fixes and additions (but there are plenty of those as well.) Malte has rebuilt our playoff system, which, in the long run, is going to make the handling of things like multileague cups and international play much easier for us to implement. That ate a lot of coding time, but it'll be worth it. There'll be one more major update (i.e., not counting any smaller fixes we need to make) for FHM2 before we move on to full-time work on FHM3. It'll be coming sometime after the NHL trade deadline, so the "Current" version of the rosters will have all the final roster moves. The database in this build is about a week behind the current data - for the NHL, everything including and after the Connauton waiver pickup on the 13th won't be in it yet, but earlier moves (i.e. Jones-Johansen) are there. So John Scott's still a Coyote and if you're running the Oilers, you're not committed to using $4.1 million in cap space for the next three years on Cam Talbot...yet.

Known issue: There seems to be an ongoing, but very intermittent, problem with facegen pictures occasionally not updating the jersey correctly when a player changes teams. We've had it happen to testers, but so far haven't been able to replicate it on our development systems. If you see it happen in your game, we'd very much appreciate a copy of the savegame; the more of those we see the more likely we'll be able to nail down exactly what's causing it.

Changes:

1. Major internal adjustments to the internal handling of playoffs. Most of this won't be immediately apparent in the game, but lays the ground for better handling of playoffs in the future; among other things, this will make multileague playoffs and European Cup-style tournaments much easier to implement in the future.

2. Playoff brackets from past seasons can now be viewed (seasons that occurred in-game only, historical playoffs not shown yet.)

3. Historical playoff stats now totalled separately.

4. The AI should no longer re-sign players it hasn't been playing regularly unless they have significant potential.

5. Later draft updates from the head scout should now update the order of the players based on the most recent scouting information; if that scout has a scouting assignment based on current ability, that will be the sort order used, otherwise it will be based on potential.

6. Scouts assigned to the KHL draft should now target more appropriate countries.

7. When playing as a farm team, players demoted to your team will now be scouted at the highest level when they arrive.

8. Åland Islands should no longer produce so many top-quality players.

9. League names in the league history should now have the correct historical name for the league (e.g. Western Canada Hockey League for the WHL from 1968-1978, SM-Liiga for Liiga prior to 2013, etc.)

New Additions:

10. VHL (Russian second division) added as a playable league.

11. Career stats added for most skaters in the AHL, OHL, ECHL, EPIHL, and Ligue Magnus. Still have a backlog of a few more of these ready to go in.

12. Clicking on the Eliteprospects logo on a player's career stats page will now open his Eliteprospects webpage in your default browser (if the player has his EP ID number in the database - we're still in the process of getting those in, but most current players should have them.)

13. Shortlists can now be cleared with one click.

14. "Impending Free Agents" added as a scouting target.

15. Minimum GP filter added to the Player Stats screen.

16. In multiplayer, commissioners can now remove GM's from the game/GM list.

17. Commissioner can now retire players via a check-box on the player edit screen (click it and save and the player will retire; note that this can't be used to un-retire players as their edit screen will point to a newer player, as the active player ID numbers are re-used when a player retires.)

Bug Fixes:

18. Crash during the all-star game fixed.

19. Team files during multiplayer play should no longer become excessive.

20. When a coach retires, a human GM should now be able to hire a replacement properly.

21. Edits to the player dressed information should no longer fail to save at times.

22. Historical playoff stats no longer mis-labeled with NHL as the league, regardless of league.

23. Players contracts should no longer auto-renew under certain circumstances.

24. Fixed problem where playoffs may not start in a league that has been expanded that year.

25. Stats in award history for the Playoff MVP award will no longer be lost at the end of the season.

26. Waiver claims by the user's team will no longer re-activate if the player is claimed successfully by another team and then waived again at some point in the future.

27. Fixed crash when using the back button to return from the player ratings screen to a game report.

28. MHL (Russian junior) players should now leave the league at the appropriate age.

29. Some PM's will no longer be lost in multiplayer games.

30. Occasional crash during June 30-July 1 transition fixed.

31. Training settings should save reliably in multiplayer.

32. Creating and loading a quickstart should no longer result in one team being renamed with a name from the German league.

33. European teams will no longer hire multiple GM's in some circumstances.

34. Crash while viewing some parts of defunct team histories fixed.

35. Occasional crash just prior to the season start fixed.

36. Some leaders categories will no longer appear unlabeled when using 1920x1080 resolution.

37. Historical players will no longer occasionally start with a coachability rating of 0.

38. F12 button in both the Steam and eSellerate versions should now capture screenshots properly.

39. Unintended declines in player happiness in online leagues fixed.

40. NHL All-Star games should no longer be discontinued at certain expansion levels.

41. Trading ability of user-controlled teams should no longer occasionally fail to re-enable after the playoffs when the schedule is changed due to expansion.

42. Fixed possible crash when WHA becomes active in historical games.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

Woah, so cool to see a couple of the bugs and features that I reported/requested specifically addressed. The people in my league are very excited about this update!
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:25 AM   #3
Duranium
All Star Starter

updated to 2.5.39 during the 1977-78 season
After the regular season ended, no playoffs occured, no trophies handed out
Not able to sim past June 30th 1978 so basically the save game is for the bin

uploaded save for checking '1967 March of the Penguins.lg'

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Last edited by Duranium; 01-21-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Very excited to see what FHM3 will bring to the table! I think everyone did a terrific job with FHM2, and its great to see one more major update before FHM3 development begins!
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #5
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Anyone else having trouble activating this new version? Every time I try, I get an Activation Error reading "The game could not be activated, please try again in a few minutes." It's been quite a few minutes.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:07 PM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

My computer won't download it. Says the file is corrupt or invalid.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #7
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
Anyone else having trouble activating this new version? Every time I try, I get an Activation Error reading "The game could not be activated, please try again in a few minutes." It's been quite a few minutes.
Mine installed fine. The below link will help you.
Activation Issues for FHM - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-21-2016 at 12:26 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #8
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

woohoo...clearing shortlists with one click!
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:56 PM   #9
TEHLUDDITE
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
My computer won't download it. Says the file is corrupt or invalid.

Ditto.

My pc reports an invalid or corrupt signature.
TEHLUDDITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #10
DWK
All Star Reserve

Nice job guy's
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHLUDDITE View Post
Ditto.

My pc reports an invalid or corrupt signature.
Are you downloading with Internet Explorer? It looks like something in IE's security scan doesn't like the file. We'll try to figure out why, but in the meantime using another browser will work, or temporarily setting IE to allow the file to run (Tools-Internet Options-Advanced-Security, check "Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid") will allow you to install it.

Edit: Andreas says he updated the security signature when it expired a little while ago, something must have gone wrong there. He'll get that straightened out tomorrow morning, but the file is definitely safe to install.

Last edited by JeffR; 01-21-2016 at 04:36 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #12
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I downloaded fine with internet explorer. Download to the folder, then go into your download folder, double click on it, and when it says corrupt file, click on "more info". You'll then have an option to "install anyway".
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #13
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
I downloaded fine with internet explorer. Download to the folder, then go into your download folder, double click on it, and when it says corrupt file, click on "more info". You'll then have an option to "install anyway".
Yep-that's what I did. I trust OOTP Developments.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #14
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Looking forward to trying this out, but I don't see the one bug that really bugs me listed as fixed... where the AI keeps putting people on my 23 man roster if I don't already have 23 on there.
Torgonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:14 PM   #15
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

In scouting, there's a new "Add Automatically to Shortlist" button. Does that mean the person scouts the shortlist in addition to their assignment or that all players they scout end up on the shortlist? Or something else, perhaps?
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:44 PM   #16
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Known issue: There seems to be an ongoing, but very intermittent, problem with facegen pictures occasionally not updating the jersey correctly when a player changes teams. We've had it happen to testers, but so far haven't been able to replicate it on our development systems. If you see it happen in your game, we'd very much appreciate a copy of the savegame; the more of those we see the more likely we'll be able to nail down exactly what's causing it.

seen this more times than I can count how to send it to you??? also I want the quickstart uploaded for everyone to enjoy...
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:49 PM   #17
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post

seen this more times than I can count how to send it to you??? also I want the quickstart uploaded for everyone to enjoy...
Just take your save file, create a zip file based on the save folder, and can upload it to Dropbox to post for them. That's one way some of us in testing have done it. Otherwise can send it to them the other method that I forget the details for involving the cloud storage. This bug has been happening to me for a long while as well, so I can't wait to see it fixed or worked around somehow.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:19 PM   #18
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
Just take your save file, create a zip file based on the save folder, and can upload it to Dropbox to post for them. That's one way some of us in testing have done it. Otherwise can send it to them the other method that I forget the details for involving the cloud storage. This bug has been happening to me for a long while as well, so I can't wait to see it fixed or worked around somehow.
Here is how to upload to the FTP. You will need to let them know what your save game name is once it's uploaded.
How to upload FHM league files - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
Old 01-22-2016, 09:30 AM   #19
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post

Germany / DEL

Dressed: 21 (not 20)

Minor Option: player 23 years old or younger , Goalies 25 years old or younger

Playoffs:

Playoff games are wrong.

Pre-Playoffs: is correct with best of 3

Playoffs: not correct, in the Game Best of 5 applied, but actually play best of 7 (Quarterfinals, semifinals and finals all best of 7)

Playoff rules:

Lengh overtime: not 10, but 20 minutes is correct. (20 min, 15 min break, 20 min, 15 min break etc. until a goal is scored.

Bug:

1 July rules edit

please refer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...thread-35.html
Version 2.5.39

Unfortunately only the bug has been fixed!

Germany / DEL

Dressed: 21 (not 20)

Minor Option: player 23 years old or younger , Goalies 25 years old or younger (less than 120 DEL Games)

Max. 6 players can be sent

Playoffs:

Playoff games are wrong.

Pre-Playoffs: is correct with best of 3

Playoffs: not correct, in the Game Best of 5 applied, but actually play best of 7 (Quarterfinals, semifinals and finals all best of 7)

Playoff rules:

Lengh overtime: not 10, but 20 minutes is correct. (20 min, 15 min break, 20 min, 15 min break etc. until a goal is scored.

Last edited by djskek; 01-22-2016 at 09:32 AM.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:24 PM   #20
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Here is how to upload to the FTP. You will need to let them know what your save game name is once it's uploaded.
How to upload FHM league files - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Hi Dave, I also recently run into a problem with the game crushing as soon as I press the Finish Today button. I opened a ticket and noticed it allows us to attach files. So I zipped my saved_game and attach it to the ticket. Would that be ok or do I have to upload to your FTP like the above link instructed? Thanks!
Flying_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote